**NEW** DSUCPv2.5 Release **NEW**

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Re: Darksaber's Ultimate Craft Pack v2.01

n8weigel
Galactic Empire

Post by n8weigel » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:34 pm

DS, I don't know if it's related to the DSUCP or not, but I've never seen ejected pilots since I played an original version of XWA. I don't know why they don't show up anymore. I believe I asked this question years ago and someone told me the pilots were killed by splash damage from lasers or missiles. I honestly just forgot about them over time because ejected pilots just weren't ever a significant portion of the game. It's interesting to see that someone else has the same problem.
"May warrior's fortune smile on our efforts." - Mitth'raw'nuruodo

Dragon
XWAU Member

Post by Dragon » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:38 pm

After a clean install the Independence is the right model and the Maria is a Reef Home in all missions, i guess that you did that too show all Calamari models right?

There are never ejected pilots in any of the UCP's...
Every story has four sides to it: yours, the others, the truth and what really happend.
"You have failed me for the last time, Admiral."

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:19 pm

Good :)

Yes I change them to show all the available XWAUP Calamari Cruisers :)

I've been looking into the ejected pilot problem, and I have found a slight error with the stats for the UCP, just about to test a mission now.

One thing you could do for me if you have the time, and test B6M6 as every time I play it the Independence gets destroyed and I fail the mission, what I need to know is this, does the Independence actually hyper out so you complete the mission?

Thanks again Dragon
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Dragon
XWAU Member

Post by Dragon » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:29 pm

I'm on it! :^^:

But i just spotted something else.
In the combat chambers battle missions, the small left arrow flashes like it has also an error with the transparency like the backdrops.

Edit: First run done, Independence waits untill destroyed. :/
Every story has four sides to it: yours, the others, the truth and what really happend.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:19 pm

Ok fixed the blinking arrow

I just play B6M6 and the same happened, I destroyed all the fighters, but the Independence waits and the Imp starship pick it off and it gets destroyed

All I've done it changed the starship, all orders and so on remain the same as in the original
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Dragon
XWAU Member

Post by Dragon » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:33 pm

Maybe it's the size of the Independence, i try something...

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:52 pm

ok look forward to your finding
- John Lydgate

Dragon
XWAU Member

Post by Dragon » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:08 pm

It is the size! :D
Just move the hyperbuoy to Sulust two km (two squares in Allied) further away from the Independence and it workes. :^^:
(I've tested it by moving the Independence back, but this will interfere with the ballance of the mission. Moving the Hyperbuoy further away should work and don't interfere with the ballance. I haven't time for a retest this evening.)

Frost
Recruit

Post by Frost » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:10 pm

Well I did the following:
1. Un-installed DSUCP + XWA and deleted the dir.
2. Installed XWA in "C:\Games\X-Wing Alliance"
3. Ran update "xwaupd202.exe"
4. Hex edited XWINGALLIANCE.EXE to change resolution 1280x1024 to be 1920x1080.
(Searched for 00 04 00 00 8A and replaced 00 04 with 38 04)
(Searched for 00 05 00 00 89 and replaced 00 05 with 80 07)
5. Installed DSUCP v2.01 (newly downloaded) + DDraw.dll and No-CD.
6. Added "Planet_XWAUP.dat" + my own old "FONTS.DAT"

Ran game with DSUCP pilot and now the Mon Cal cruisers seem to work. They are no longer IMP ships. Come to think about it I guess that the IMP ships might be some leftover data from the TIE Fighter Total Conversion I tested out some time ago. :kopfwand: Sorry if I stirred up some confusion.

But I took this screenshot in B6M6 hangar. What is going on with the shuttle?
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/91867373/XWAScreen11.jpg
I will also try to complete B6M6 and post the results.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:20 pm

Briiliant :)

I wouldn't worry too much about the odd textures, if you notice the crane and robots are also the same texture, I can't actually tell you when it happens but it does, in game if you come across a shuttle the textures will be back to normal

It's nothing you have done, neither are the opts corrupt, it just happens :(
- John Lydgate

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:22 pm

Dragon wrote:It is the size! :D
Just move the hyperbuoy to Sulust two km (two squares in Allied) further away from the Independence and it workes. :^^:
(I've tested it by moving the Independence back, but this will interfere with the ballance of the mission. Moving the Hyperbuoy further away should work and don't interfere with the ballance. I haven't time for a retest this evening.)
That's brilliant I try it myself :) I thought it might have something to do with the Hyperbouy being too close
- John Lydgate

Frost
Recruit

Post by Frost » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:49 pm

Played B6M6. Independence did not jump:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/91867373/XWAScreen12.jpg

Dragon
XWAU Member

Post by Dragon » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:23 am

Frost wrote:Played B6M6. Independence did not jump:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/91867373/XWAScreen12.jpg
We're working on it.

@DS: It wasn't the Hyperbuoy, it is the 2nd order Waypoint move it from Y 3.10 to Y 4.80 like the Waypoints of the other three orders and the Independence jumpes. Could you recheck if this workes to you too?

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:23 am

@Dragon It took me a while to find the order waypoint but I found it changed it and it worked the Home One Jumps

Going to play the other missions where the Independence is in

Thanks so much, couldn't have done it without you :)

Oh and I've fixed the ejected pilot problem :)
- John Lydgate

Dragon
XWAU Member

Post by Dragon » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:27 pm

Just played Battle 4 Mission 6 ( Protect Imperial Computer )
And again the Independence didn't jump. I played this mission alot with the old Independence (DSUCPv1) and she jumped every time.
Is somthing wrong with the Opt???

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:03 am

There are quite a few differences between JM's original Home One (DSUCPv1.1) and DTM revamped Home One (present version)

The model it's self has been totally revamped, changing most of the meshes, adding a lod model

The original model has 37 hardpoints this includes superlaser, turbolaser and the hangar hardpoints, inside, outside and AI

DTM's has 60 hardpoints but these are only added superlaser and turbolasers, but this figure is still well within the limits of which is between 110 and 118

If there was a problem with the actual opt I would have thought the game would crash, but since everything seems within the limits, Meshes, Textures, Hardpoints, Engine Glows I don't know what the problem could be.

I've also checked out the current B4M6 with Ol's original B4M6 mission fixes and I can't see any differences between them, compared it to the original mission, the only difference I can see is that the SSD has been moved to accommodate the 17.5km SSD, so still not sure what wrong.

Them main problem with the XWA community these days it that there doesn't seem to be any people around here that are too familiar with mission making, so we can ask them what the problem could be, unless they just can't be bothered :), I've had Allied for years, but when it comes to sorting out problems with missions, I can just do basic things :(
- John Lydgate

Lord Funkmonkey
Recruit

Post by Lord Funkmonkey » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:02 am

So is anyone hosting this besides Darksaber?

Im getting dial up speeds, 6 hour estimated download time, and its getting to between 2 and 15% completed before it just says finished.

If anyone can point me to it ANYWHERE i will HOST IT MYSELF seeing as how the guy that made it doesnt actually want anyone to download his work.

Dragon
XWAU Member

Post by Dragon » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:15 am

Lord Funkmonkey wrote:So is anyone hosting this besides Darksaber?

Im getting dial up speeds, 6 hour estimated download time, and its getting to between 2 and 15% completed before it just says finished.

If anyone can point me to it ANYWHERE i will HOST IT MYSELF seeing as how the guy that made it doesnt actually want anyone to download his work.
Did you mean the DSUCPv2.1??? I downloaded it two days ago and it needed only ~26 minutes to download.

@DS:

The new model has a "dedicated" bow mesh, while the old model instead has a mesh running from bow to stern.
"If" the game engine determine the proximity to something by using the center of the nearest mesh, this could make the difference. :?

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:23 am

Lord Funkmonkey wrote:So is anyone hosting this besides Darksaber?

Not MY FECKING problem, MR ARSEHOLE ATTITUDE, I can upload it within 10mins, download it in 5mins, if your having problems I suggest you speak to your Broadband Provider!!
- John Lydgate

Dragon
XWAU Member

Post by Dragon » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:27 pm

A sound problem reapeart with my lates download. Ion Canons (Starfighter) use Imperial Laser (Starfighter) sound.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:23 pm

With your last download?? I don't understand

Your saying the the Starfighter Ion Cannons sound like Imperial Lasers?

I've just flown a Gunboat and the Ywing and the Ions sounded.. well like Ions and the Imperial & Rebel Lasers sound like Imp & Reb Lasers

Puzzled :denken:
- John Lydgate

Dragon
XWAU Member

Post by Dragon » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:56 pm

Darksaber wrote:With your last download?? I don't understand
I redownloaded and reinstalled the UCPv2.01 two days ago to get rid of an error.
Your saying the the Starfighter Ion Cannons sound like Imperial Lasers?

I've just flown a Gunboat and the Ywing and the Ions sounded.. well like Ions and the Imperial & Rebel Lasers sound like Imp & Reb Lasers

Puzzled :denken:
Is just the TIE-Defender, all (not sure that i've remembert all craft that have ions) craft sounds as they should be.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:53 am

I've just tested the Original Game (No Modifications) with the Tie Defender the Ion cannons still sound like Imp lasers

Never noticed this before but it must be hardcoded or something

just try it yourself you'll see what I mean
- John Lydgate

Dragon
XWAU Member

Post by Dragon » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:07 am

Okay, THAT is realy stange. :irre:
I often fly with the Defender, but i never noticed it before.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:01 am

First time I've noticed it myself

I don't know what made me try the original, maybe it was just something I thought I did wrong while creating the stats :alien8:
- John Lydgate