**NEW** DSUCPv2.5 Release **NEW**

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Re: **NEW** DSUCPv2.1 Release

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:43 am

**NEW** DSUCPv2.1 Release

Not to be confused with v2.01 this is version 2.1

Since there have been a few issues with the Mission Fixes, with the help of Dragon who fixed them, plus a problem with DTM's Planet.dat
I'm releasing a NEW version of the DSUCP.

Over the last couple of months I've also added a few more features to the installer

1. Choice of Correlian Gunship with or without Fringe
2. Choice of Mine or JM's Dreadnaught
3. Droid as in the Astromech Droid you can install R2-D2, R2-Q5 (Black/Imperial) or the R5-D4
4. Freighter Type K with or without containers
5. Millennium Falcon Han or Lando versions
6. Luxury Yacht or the Lady Luck version with guns
7. Slave One default green lasers, a red laser version and a yellow laser version (but has no laser sounds)
8. Pursuer Enforement Ship or Boba Fetts Slave Two
9. SSD 17.5km or 19KM versions
10. Tie Bomber X2 Missiles or X4 missiles
11. Tie Defender or Tie Defender MK2 (with the missile launcher on the side of the cockpit)
12. Tie Fighter (Blue) or ANH version (Grey)
13. Tie Warheads standard or a version with lasers as in the Tie Int
14. Ywing Yellow or Red FG

I've also included the NEW Industrial Complex, Star Galleon and the Scout Craft all by Marco Antonio Malheiros

So the DSUCPv2.1 is up to date as of the 5th July 2012

To download the DSUCPv2.1 please go HERE
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

n8weigel
Galactic Empire

Post by n8weigel » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:16 am

Thank you so much DS! All of your work is greatly appreciated! Downloading now!
"May warrior's fortune smile on our efforts." - Mitth'raw'nuruodo

Leofus
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Leofus » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:34 am

After installing the 2.1 update, most of my campaign missions now crash upon launch. I simply uninstalled the 2.01 pack and immediately installed the 2.1 version. I'm not sure if any of my other mods are causing a conflict though. I will report back.

Dragon
XWAU Member

Post by Dragon » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:09 am

Thanks Darksaber!
While downloading, i noticed that the new installer is 10 mb smaller than the 2.01. Did you get it more compressed or did you leave something out that is in the 2.01?
Every story has four sides to it: yours, the others, the truth and what really happend.
"You have failed me for the last time, Admiral."

Leofus
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Leofus » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:06 pm

After doing a clean install, the missions will run again. Thanks for all these wonderful updates!

On a side note, I made a lot of modifications such as doubling the speed of all fighters and more than doubling most larger ships bringing them into what I consider 'canonical' proportions. For example: the ISD should go 60 MGLT and almost be able to keep up with the Falcon. Needless to say, I had to modify most of the missions to make them work with the new speeds. I also made the lasers much faster and uniform speed and got rid of the bs ISD backdrops from the Endor missions, replacing them with actual craft. Anyway, when I uninstalled the UCP 2.01, it deleted all of those, replacing them with the originals. I'm not blaming anyone but myself. I know I should have backed them up but it sucks to have lost all that work.

Edit: I just reapplied my MXvTED backup with all of the modifications I had made to the UC2 and the crashing came back on most campaign missions (all of my favorite ones). I guess I have to do all those over as well as the missions I had made to accommodate them. I wonder why they don't work anymore.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:38 am

Sorry that you lost everything but It is mentioned on my site and in the readme file

Plus I do stress to read the information first

Code: Select all

21. All files the UCP replaces are backed up beforehand, so if you uninstall, your XWA will be as you first installed it.

22. If you choose to uninstall the UCP at any point, (be careful as you do not have the option to cancel), it will first delete all the files it has installed, then restore those files from the backup folder, and lastly delete the backup folder.

25. Before installing, I would suggest a fresh installation of XWA though this is not necessary as you can install this program on to a previously modified version of XWA as everything this program replaces is backed up first, without any harm done if you uninstall, as all it will do is replace it with your previous configuration.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Leofus
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Leofus » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:09 am

Why did you post this? Didn't I say that I don't blame anyone but myself and that I already know I should have backed it up?
Anyway, I have reinstalled the 2.01 version but my campaign missions still won't launch with my modifications. I'm probably just going to give up.

Edit: I figured out what was messing up my mods. Apparently the Medium Transport opt was renamed.
Last edited by Leofus on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:54 am

Don't get me wrong I'm not having a go at you, and I agree with you, you can only blame yourself, I'm sorry for that but we all make mistakes.

I'm just pointing out that if you uninstall the DSUCP from your game, XWA will be returned to as you first installed it.

DSUCPv2.1 is not an update, it's a new release. Even if I had allowed it to update it would have still overwritten all of your modifications, that is why it checks if a previous version is installed, so it gives you the option to uninstall the previous version even with any modifications you have made or you could have simply cancelled the uninstallation before it started.
- John Lydgate

Leofus
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Leofus » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:42 pm

I should probably start a new thread for this but here is a quick question: does anyone know off the top of their head which missions feature the Independence?

Dragon
XWAU Member

Post by Dragon » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:09 am

B4M6; B6M6; B7M1; B7M2; B7M3.
Every story has four sides to it: yours, the others, the truth and what really happend.
"You have failed me for the last time, Admiral."

dovonob
Recruit

Post by dovonob » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:59 pm

Hi

Quick question, is there a way to use the default HUD from XWA instead of the new one? It looks better its just that half my screen is filled with a cockpit I'd rather be able to see more of the screen like the original?

cheers

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:23 pm

I take it you have installed the Imperial Hangar for the Hud.dat to change, if you have installed the Rebel option there is no change to the Hud

Anyhow
There is a backup folder within your XWA DIR C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\X-Wing Alliance\BackupDSUCP\Resdata copy the Hud.dat from there to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\X-Wing Alliance\Resdata and paste and replace then you'll be back to your default HUD
- John Lydgate

n8weigel
Galactic Empire

Post by n8weigel » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:23 am

I think he's talking about the cockpit models blocking more of the space view from inside compared to the TG cockpits. That's in the FAQ:
http://www.xwaupgrade.com/faq.htm#5j

Trust me, you'll get used to the new ones. They're a more realistic point of view.
"May warrior's fortune smile on our efforts." - Mitth'raw'nuruodo

Serenity
Recruit

Post by Serenity » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:44 pm

Has anyone found a definite solution to the "crash on mission start" thing? I have searched everywhere and found nothing. For some reinstalling fixed it, but not for me. I tried a few times now.

The standard XWA works. At least I can launch the mission. I haven't really played it, but flew around a bit. Then when I install DSUCP the game crashes when I start the campaign. It looks like it leaves fullscreen, then the game portion of the screen is black and I get a Windows error. Every time. Not just sometimes as some others report. When I uninstalled DSUCP it worked again. Therefor it doesn't appear to be a Windows 7/graphics/driver problem.

I've read that this can be caused by corruption mission files, but I don't know what I can copy back from the CDs without messing up DSUCP.

My ultimate goal is playing the X-Wing and Tie Fighter conversions. First try I installed XWC and had the same issue. So the problem doesn't appear to be with the original campaign files either. :?

Stormprooter
Recruit

Post by Stormprooter » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:31 pm

Got an issue when targetting transports and freighters - I lose the hud and the crosshairs and only the background and text remains.

I am running on Windows 8, I7 processor, NVIDIA GTX-670M , 16GB RAM 1920x1080 resolution - screenshots attached

Working fine when fighter targetted
Working.jpg
Problem when freighter targetted
Problem.jpg
Any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:17 pm

Idea YES, your problem starts with having an NVIDIA Graphics Card, it has nothing to do with the DSUCP

Secondly your running Windows 8, the DSUCP has only been tested with Windows 7,

I suggest you uninstall the DSUCP and see if you still have the same problem (as I suspect you will). Get the problem sorted if possible, then and only then install the DSUCP!

Try this topic for Graphic Problems INFO: Common graphic problems with XWA
- John Lydgate

Stormprooter
Recruit

Post by Stormprooter » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:23 pm

Cheers for the response DarkSaber - I will see if I can fix the problem, and post the fix for others.

Thanks

Stormprooter
Recruit

Post by Stormprooter » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:41 pm

Well that was very quick to fix.

There are some batch files that come with XWA Hacker - http://sourceforge.net/projects/xwahacker/files/

32bitmode.bat and fixedclear.bat

Running these has cured the problem. And you're absolutely right - the issue is not with DSUCP, but with XWA and my hardware, but was not sure where to post my problem.

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction :D

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:46 pm

no problem, glad you sorted out so quickly :)
- John Lydgate

kucsidave
Recruit

Post by kucsidave » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:43 pm

HI!
I can't contact you at your side, so i decided to post to you here.
I want to ask YOU to make an imperial fighter I want to play with a lot.
It is the TIE Hunter. I was played a mod for a game and i saw it there.
So I beg you, to please make it, cuz i think YOUR creations are the most life-likes of all.
I'll look forward to download it from your website.
I have a lot of pics from it, and want to help you in it.That's the least thing i can do.
And if you need anything contact me in my email adress:
kucsidaveee@gmail.com
Have nice work.
Kucsidave

kucsidave
Recruit

Post by kucsidave » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:17 pm

since you"re unactive i ask someone else.
sorry...
:(:(:(

Ferromancer
Recruit

Post by Ferromancer » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:00 pm

Issue #1:

About a year ago, Frost posted an issue in this thread about mission B4M6 "Protect Imperial Computer" being impossible to complete. I was able to reproduce this same issue. The problem was that what was supposed to be the Independence (Admiral Akbar's Home One Cruiser) looked like some kind of imperial ship. I originally found the problem in the earlier DSUCPv2.01. Creating a brand new install of XWA with DSUCPv2.1 did not help. Fixing the ship also allows the mission to be completed. The workaround is this:

Install CalamariReefHomev1.1.exe
Install CalamariHomeOnev1.0.exe

both of which are available on this website.

I'm posting this here so that DarkSabre knows about the work around, and what to do to fix the pack.

Issue #2:

Nobody (including myself) can see pilots being ejected. DSUCP does not contain the updated imperial pilot model (ImperialPilot.opt), but manually downloading the opt file and copying it over doesn't help. I don't know if this is an issue or not, but it's listed in Equipment0.lst but not Spacecraft0.lst. I'm just wondering if a fix was found to this yet.

aidor
Cadet 4th Class

Post by aidor » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:27 pm

Hi... just post here to say thanks to DS for all his work in this new release. And thanks to all testers how help him fixing things...;)

Well, I've just downloaded the installer and I'll see... by the way, it comes to me a pre-question:

I've just installed (a clean install) my old spanish XWA versión... Can I use DS's pack-installer with my spanish installation? Or should I use an english vanilla installation? Maybe a noob question, but I've been searching in the web and no luck...

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:26 am

Hello Darksaber,

Can you adding the Invincible heavy Dreadnought in your Craft pack?

I have seen this ship last in X Wing vs Tie fighter.

Thanks.

Here is a pic from that ship

http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=http ... CEAQrQMwCg

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:17 am

Why are you going to opt a new version of it?? lol
- John Lydgate