**NEW** DSUCPv2.5 Release **NEW**

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Re: **NEW** DSUCPv2.5 Release **NEW**

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:38 pm

@Darksaber, you won't like me, you forgot the full name of the Assault shuttle for the craft description

It's full name, according to wookiepedia, is "Gamma-class assault shuttle"

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gamma-cl ... lt_shuttle
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

OrangeFr3ak
Recruit

Post by OrangeFr3ak » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:55 pm

Is there any way to get TIEs and other Imperial ships for Training Grounds?

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:09 am

Simple answer to that OrangeFr3ak is no, the training ground flyable craft are hard coded in the exe, the background craft within the training ground hangar can be changed using the Hooks.

Oh and the Ties haven't had Flightgroup colours for years, but last year I decided to give the Ties an overall update and added flightgroups to them, but if you don't like these Ties with flightgroup colours, just download the individual craft installers from the download page, as they are older versions but don't have the FG's. Don't take too long downloading them though, as they will be replaced soon.

Now please if you have any other questions that are not DSUCP related please start your own thread or find a thread that could possibly answer your questions, Thanks
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

OrangeFr3ak
Recruit

Post by OrangeFr3ak » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:40 pm

Darksaber wrote:Simple answer to that OrangeFr3ak is no, the training ground flyable craft are hard coded in the exe, the background craft within the training ground hangar can be changed using the Hooks.

Oh and the Ties haven't had Flightgroup colours for years, but last year I decided to give the Ties an overall update and added flightgroups to them, but if you don't like these Ties with flightgroup colours, just download the individual craft installers from the download page, as they are older versions but don't have the FG's. Don't take too long downloading them though, as they will be replaced soon.

Now please if you have any other questions that are not DSUCP related please start your own thread or find a thread that could possibly answer your questions, Thanks
Got it, thanks Darksaber!

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:24 pm

You did a wonderful work with the Red Squadron X-Wings from the Battle of Yavin.

I would like to know if there is a way to include all of them in the same DSUCP v2.5 installation.
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:06 pm

You could do it but you will have to install the manually

If you look in the Flightmodels folder in your XWA Dir you will see a folder called X-Wing Squadron, inside you will see separate folders for all the different x-wings Red 1, Red2 and so on.

It is possible to have them all installed at once, but you would have add each to a different craft slot, then you would have to rename each opt as at the moment they are all called Xwing.opt, XwingCockpit.opt and XwingExterior.opt, so you would have to rename Red1 opts to XwingRed1.opt, XwingRed1Cockpit.opt and XwingRed1Exterior.opt, (do the same with Red2, Red3 and so on) then use MXvTed and each .shp file to install each to different slots, but you will have to change the Opt file name to XwingRed1.opt and the Cockpit name from Xwing to XwingRed1 and do the same for each individual xwing you install, then of course you would have to change a mission to include each xwing, or create a skirmish mission :)

Simple, one reason I added them to the Flightmodels folder :D
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:33 pm

Darksaber, tried to re-download getting this: Error 404 - Not found

Sincerely, Rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:39 pm

Sorry mate offline at the moment, it'll be backup tomorrow, sorry
- John Lydgate

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:44 pm

Ok Thanks....... until then

Sincerely, Rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:53 am

Do I need to replace any fighters to add the other X-Wings?
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:26 pm

Thanks Darksaber.... it's back up, got it... ;)

Sincerely, Rogue518

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:26 pm

Small Update to the DSUCPv2.5 and XWACPv1.5

Update & Fix - January 24, 2017

Fixes for the XWACPv1.5 are:
- Fixed the Y-Wing as it was only firing one Ion cannon.

- B-Wing, there is nothing wrong with the Bwing Ions, they look as if they fire from a single point, but I can assure they don't, 1 fires from the bottom wing the other 2 fire from in front of the cockpit, I changed around the firing sequence for the Bwing to bring it inline with the Battlefront II Bwing firing sequence.

- Added the fixed Melee Missions. sorry about that :(

- Changed the Laser Count option in the components page of the installer, if you want to install it, you will have to check the box now.

- I’ve streamlined some of the Craft Stats as some of the Calamari Cruisers Shield Power and Hull Rate was far too powerful, plus I messed up the Corellian Corvette type craft by setting them as Starships instead of Freighter/Transport, this has now been reversed fixing the problem, sorry about that.

- JérémyaFr has created another new Hook called
Opt Limit – The opt vertices count per mesh is limited to 512. When a mesh contains more vertices than this limit, the game may crash when the mesh is hit. The hook fixes this crash, by default, the dll will use a value of 4096.

Fixes for the DSUCPv2.5 are:
- Fixed the Y-Wing as it was only firing one Ion cannon.

- B-Wing, there is nothing wrong with the Bwing Ions, they look as if they fire from a single point, but I can assure they don't, 1 fires from the bottom wing the other 2 fire from in front of the cockpit, I changed around the firing sequence for the Bwing to bring it inline with the Battlefront II Bwing firing sequence.

- Changed the Laser Count option in the components page of the installer, if you want to install it, you will have to check the box now.

- I’ve streamlined some of the Craft Stats as some of the Calamari Cruisers Shield Power and Hull Rate was far too powerful, plus I messed up the Corellian Corvette type craft by setting them as Starships instead of Freighter/Transport, this has now been reversed fixing the problem, sorry about that.

- JérémyaFr has created another new Hook called
Opt Limit – The opt vertices count per mesh is limited to 512. When a mesh contains more vertices than this limit, the game may crash when the mesh is hit. The hook fixes this crash, by default, the dll will use a value of 4096.

Please download the fixed versions of either the XWACPv1.5 or the DSUCPv2.5

Thanks
- John Lydgate

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:55 pm

Thanks

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:35 am

Small bugs :

Rotation is not set correctly for the R-41, instead, in cockpit view, the screen with Bossk is rotating in cockpit view, and the rear radiator is rotating in exterior view

ScimitSound is missing that line :

Code: Select all

WeaponSoundBehavior = TieFighter
TIE Experimental 2 BigGun mesh hardpoints are non-existant, as such teh TIE fire it's turbolaser from it's center point instead of it's gun.

Y-Wing B is acting weirdly concerning guns, although I'm guessing that i'ts because of the presence of the gunner points

Mark_Starkiller
Recruit

Post by Mark_Starkiller » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:13 am

So the shield power and hull resistance for the Calamari cruisers have been rebalanced.
Good job!

I thought the super star destroyer Executor (19 km) needed a rebalanced too, since its shield and hull are the same as the 8 km one.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:27 am

Both XWACPv1.5 and DSUCPv2.5 are now back online

The downtime was due to the GoG Team slightly changing there X-Wing: Alliance installer which then became an ERROR in both the XWACPv1.5 and DSUCPv2.5.

This has now been resolved

Sorry about the inconvenience
- John Lydgate

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:08 pm

Receiving this message when installing latest DSUCPv2.5 update:

Warning:
You may have selected the wrong media version.
You selected the GOG version of X-wing: Alliance, but Darksaber's Ultimate Craft Pack failed to
detect files belonging to the GOG installation.Files maybe missing or you simply selected the
INCORRECT version of X-wing: Alliance.

Please reload Darksaber's Ultimate Craft Pack and select the Correct version,
if that fails please reinstall the GOG version of Xwing: Alliance
and try again.

Thank You.

I have the GOG.games version of Xwing Alliance I always install with your installer, the other version worked ok. tried reinstalling it 3 times... I'm stumped.

Sincerely Rogue518

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:28 pm

Sorry about this Rogue, but download DSUCP again, I buggered up, but have corrected the problem, again sorry you have to keep downloading it, promise this will be the last for a while. :(
- John Lydgate

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:07 am

Thanks Darksaber... that corrected the problem..... :)

Edit:
Unexpected bonus:..... :D I have 3D glasses (the VR ones that I want are way too expensive..), anyway I know Xwing Alliance is not a 3D game, but I can use them on the Tech Library
it looks awesome too!... ;)

Sincerely, Rogue518

baggy101
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by baggy101 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:20 pm

Hey Darksaber, Once again amazing work thank you so much for keeping the best game ever going. Does this new update solve the rotating parts of the R41 Starchaser ?.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:18 am

The Starchaser, yes it's fixed
- John Lydgate

baggy101
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by baggy101 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:17 am

Wicked Darksaber, cheers!

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:16 pm

Nice :)

Small things (not urgent, can wait for next update), the correllian gunship name is wrong, full name is the DP20 frigate according to wookiepedia (although for pratical reason, you could use DP20 Corellian Gunship instead)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/DP20_frigate

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:08 pm

Didn't you mention this once before? Memories going, I thought I added the DP20?? Sure I did oh well, I'll do it for the next release, which is going to be while I would think?

I didn't like the frigate idea when I thought I added it, My thinking was that nobody would know what it was, as it's always been known as the Corellian Gunship, so I went or thought I went with just adding DP20 to the beginning like your alternative naming :)
- John Lydgate

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:37 am

Frankly, I would prefer myself real bugs or new features are prioritized over a simple naming issue that can be fixed by editing the shiplist.

A feature such as the combat missions hook by Justagai, for example being added. I've been utilizing it quite a bit lately since I got it working, and I have to confess it does make building and testing missions much faster, and results in the added benefit of not accidentally messing up the default campaign.
And, theoretically unlimited expansion options, a-la TIE Fighter Total Conversion without needing a separate modpack. Especially if Jeremy's hooks are utilized to their fullest capacity. Perhaps all that would be needed is an installer to read the physical disk, GOG, or Steam folders for the X-Wing, TIE Fighter, or XvT folders and convert relevant audio files to XWA and input them to the folder structure relative to the combat mission's functionality towards this end.

I may or may not have been thinking about this a lot lately, and may or may not have started converting missions and editing hangars.

Buuuuut that's for another thread I think once I make more progress and have a proposal to put forward with some meat behind it, so to speak.

That said, if I was going to suggest something along the lines of a naming convention, I'd suggest having the Luxury Yacht being named generically with the options to install (unarmed) or (armed) versions instead of changing the ship descriptions/shiplist title to "Lady Luck", if you installed the armed version as it is set currently to gain the weapons hardpoints.

Obviously you could set the ship name in AllieD to "Lady Luck" if you actually were making a mission with Lando's Yacht. An additional perk is that would reduce the filesize a bit. The only other inconvenience would be the need to edit the missions including the Luxury Yacht and set it to weaponless, if desired.