Royal Guard Interceptor

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Royal Guard Interceptor

Kriegmacher
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Kriegmacher » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:29 pm

Has anyone ever made one of these? Or ever thought about it?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor' ... tarfighter

This was what I flew in SWG until they pulled the rug out from under us. I'd love to fly it again. I'm beginning to read up on how to edit opts and all, but it's daunting, and I don't want to screw up the game.

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:36 pm

Looks like a simple TIE/I retex to me. Wouldn't be too hard to make.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

The Saxman
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by The Saxman » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:30 pm

Could probably very easily do it just by running the textures through a filter to recolor it, and then make it an FG color. Probably about 5 minutes to do that in Gimp. The time consuming part would be masking the areas you want to leave in the original color.

However from a quick read of that article it would also require stat changes.

Dragon
XWAU Member

Post by Dragon » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:30 am

It isn't that easy, the fighter has additional wings at the outside.
Every story has four sides to it: yours, the others, the truth and what really happend.
"You have failed me for the last time, Admiral."

Kriegmacher
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Kriegmacher » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:43 am

Mine didn't, it was just a red TIE Interceptor (all ships in SWG had shields and hyperdrives, even normal TIE fighters) with more room to load parts.

If I had the skill, I'd want to build said RGI, the B-22, and a black/grey ETA Interceptor (Vader's Jedi Starfighter). But I don't even have the skill to get TFTC working properly (XWA sound files in the briefing room - yes, I'm using the TFTC launcher- and a dozen other errors), let alone the skill to draw ships and navigate editors lol.

I'm just glad this project exists at all, and I'm enjoying playing with the imperial ships in the skirmishes well enough. I wish I could find some balanced and interesting mission or skirmish files that aren't dead links and that actually work with this project.