Playing XWA Online in 2014? Come here!

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Playing XWA Online in 2014? Come here!

rmorali
Cadet 4th Class

Post by rmorali » Sat May 31, 2014 5:32 pm

Greetings Pilots,

My name is Rodrigo and I´m a member of an ancient Brazilian squadron of XWA and other Star Wars games called CIMF (Corellian Intergalactic Mercenary Force). We have been playing XWA since it was released and, despite all kind of newest and better games, we haven´t stopped yet!

I come here intending to invite some players to play with/against us in a kind of "tournament" of XWA. We have been developing, in the last few years, a system named "SW Wargames", using the Ruby on Rails and Flash platforms, which you can play a strategy-based game like Risk and decide the combats using the XWA with some of XWA Upgrades (We´ve made a specific package with various models for this) rather than dices. We don´t have any comercial/professional interests, but to play XWA again.

If anybody feels interested please contact me and I might show you the system and how this game might bring us back to the XWA Universe, since a new X-Wing game unfortunatelly will never be developed within our life times...

I hope see you soon. Best Regards.

Facebook: Rodrigo Morali
E-mail: rodrigo_morali@gmail.com

morali
Recruit

Post by morali » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:37 am

Nobody is looking for playing? Too bad. It seems like the XWA game is definitely retired :D

Griffin
Lieutenant JG

Post by Griffin » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:25 am

Looks interesting to me!

rmorali
Cadet 4th Class

Post by rmorali » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:09 am

Hi Griffin,

I it´s very similar to Risk and we´re are enjoying a lot. We´ve just started a new game and it´s a turn-based game, therefore it doesn´t takes too much time of ours . If you want to see please let me know. I left my contacts there.

See you

rmorali
Cadet 4th Class

Post by rmorali » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:35 pm

Griffin,

This is the project´s website. It´s a little bit outdated, since we´re already playing the 9th edition that is much more user-friendly and with many graphic improvements. We´re having a lot of fun.

http://wgbrnavies.wordpress.com/

PS: Use translator from portuguese.

Griffin
Lieutenant JG

Post by Griffin » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:30 pm

I finally got a chance to go to your website and read up on the game, it looks like a lot of fun, reminds me of the X-Wing Strategy game I ran between 1998 - 2003 -> www.swcrusade.com

You can read the rules for the game here: http://swcrusade.com/rules/index2.htm

Unfortunately I was never able to automate the game like I see you have been able to.

Feel free to use any of the rules from swcrusade that you like if you think it would help your game. I do not check these forums regularly, but if you have questions, you can ask and I will answer eventually ;)

As for me playing your game, let me know when you expect to start a new round and I will see if I can join.

morali
Recruit

Post by morali » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:14 pm

Hi Griffin!

You´re right. Lack of automation was the problem for all projects like this. I´ve started the project in 2010 and we´re constantly improving it. We are almost finishing the 9th edition, when we start a new edition I will let you know. I´ll take a look in the swcrusade to get some ideas. Thank you!