Best Joystick to get?

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Best Joystick to get?

heychadwick
Recruit

Post by heychadwick » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:57 pm

Hi All,

My old pin joystick was lost to the ages. I'm looking at getting the GOG game again and need a joystick. I'm trying to find the best joystick that is reasonably priced for this game. I don't really want to spend over $50 on it, but maybe it's worth it?

Or....what are the things to look for in a joystick? I recall having thrust control on my old Sidewinder. Lots of the joysticks I see these days don't have that. Should I look for one with it? Or is there something else I should look for?

Thanks!

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:42 pm

This is one of the best quality sticks for cost. Super popular in my ARMA3 realism group. Decent amount of buttons, doesn't depend on force feedback for centering, rarely need to calibrate it, don't need to use special software to use, has a twist rudder and throttle, and a large enough base that it's super stable and doesn't slide around/tip over.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Extreme- ... B00009OY9U

heychadwick
Recruit

Post by heychadwick » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:15 pm

Thanks! That's what I was looking at, too.

n8weigel
Galactic Empire

Post by n8weigel » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:23 am

I use the same one. You definitely want lots of buttons for XWA.
"May warrior's fortune smile on our efforts." - Mitth'raw'nuruodo

LtGrandMaster
Cadet 4th Class

Post by LtGrandMaster » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:16 am

If you cant wait get something now, but if you are interested in Star Citizen, they plan on releasing a joystick (unknown who at this point, likely saitek) pre set for Star Citizen. Just a thought you might want to consider. I'm holding off right now till I see what it will look like.