X Wing and Tie Fighter Total Conversions with XWA

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

X Wing and Tie Fighter Total Conversions with XWA

Tandrew
Recruit

Post by Tandrew » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:05 am

Hey Everyone,
So I've read a little bit about the X Wing and Tie Fighter total conversions to the XWA engine and I was wondering if that worked with GOG copies since I believe both conversions need the CD to complete the conversion.

Also can anyone testify to how the conversions work? The X-Wing one appears to need each mission converted manually and then played in skirmish. Is that correct?

Thanks!

DTM
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by DTM » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:00 am

No and...no.
Tie conversion needs the cd. X-wing conversion doesn't work with the GOG version. Both have to be updated. GOG release surprised this comunity like a thunder in the blue sky. Years of worked stuff has to be updated, because the GOG will rules for the next years. Unfortunatly there are very few authors left in this comunity, and we need time!
With a little bit of patient, we will fix all the best conversions, but our priority are the xwaup patches now.
We must build a monument to Darksaber, because he's working for free to give us a lot of fun playing this old very very good game. JeremyaFr is working with him to understand how to continue this editing adventur...the future of this comunity is in good hands!

Once the XWAUP for the GOG version works ok, than we will fix the conversions.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:53 pm

Thank you :D
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Old_Jedi
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Old_Jedi » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:56 pm

...and thanks to You and your colleagues :D

LtGrandMaster
Cadet 4th Class

Post by LtGrandMaster » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:57 pm

If you really want to play it, I've also bought the disc version twice and the GoG version. When I was running the disc version though I somehow ended up with of my cd 1, but lost both cd 2, so I just ripped the disc 2 from the internet. The GoG version is great, but until the patches/mods work for it I will just stick with the disc setup.

Fek'LeyrTarg
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Fek'LeyrTarg » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:00 pm

Once there is a GoG-compatible version of Darksaber's Ultimate Craft Pack, there shouldn't be much trouble to get X-Wing Conversion to run on the GoG-version of XWA. However, I'm not sure about the briefing voice-overs yet and who knows what kind of obstacles still remain.

I'd also like to thank everyone, who contribute so much of their free time for this wonderful game, including Darksaber and JeremyaFr. I really apprechiate what you do. :)

Tandrew
Recruit

Post by Tandrew » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:50 pm

Seconded! Thank you both Darksaber and JeremyaFr. We're lucky to have you working on these monumental projects!

OverDhill
Cadet 4th Class

Post by OverDhill » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:57 am

Hi

New to this forum. Just wondering now that there is a Craft Pack compatible with the GOG XWA is there any chance getting the Tie Fighter and XWing Total conversions updated to work with it?

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:35 am

Being worked on/tested, pretty much on a daily basis. No ETA yet. Not sure about XWC/Redux and "waylan's" versions.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Old_Jedi
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Old_Jedi » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:34 pm

That's excellent news!

OJ

OverDhill
Cadet 4th Class

Post by OverDhill » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:33 pm

Well just for fun I installed the XWC 4.0 from Waylon's webpage and most of it seems to work. The only problem I seem to have is the short cut scene in the hangar. If I replace the DDraw.dll with the older one then it plays fine. Not sure why the new one won't play it. Could it be a codec problem or something else that could be fixed?

madadhmagic
Recruit

Post by madadhmagic » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:47 am

I am having a issue, for some reason XW conversion isn't working, it gets to loading mission and then just crashes. TF works fine but I can't find out what is going on with the XW version, I am using waylons 4.0 version any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh I am using the orginal 97 version of XWA and used can't remember the guys name msi installer. I also do have darksabers craft pack his latest one installed.

I just don't understand the issue, DS's new pack works fine with the game, the TF conversion works, but for some reason the XW version with imperial concorse is all messed up mixed with both default and the imperial one, when i try to go into mission load it just comes up with Xwingalliance has stopped working, i just don't get what is causing the issue. I have tried 4.0, 3.5 and they both do the same things. Any help on this would be greatly greatly appreciated!

FOARP
Recruit

Post by FOARP » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:52 pm

I hate to be the guy who asks modders if they're finished yet (after all, they don't get paid for their work and do it entirely because they are awesome people) - but did the upgrade to GOG version get done?

DTM
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by DTM » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:35 am

I'm working on the update of the X-Wing conversion, but I cannot say when it will be ready...

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:11 am

I Have found a Bug in the Tie Fighter Overhaul.

After i end the 1st Sepan Mission the Game Freeze after the Briefing. If i start xwa after this, it freeze. If i Delete the second Missions " Resond to SOS " all works. I think the Missiosn File have a Damage. Can anyone fix it?

* 1b2m2tftc.tie
!MISSION_32_DESC!Intecept Attack

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:24 pm

Hello, sry for the ask again. Can yanyonehelp me with this mission? its from tie fighter overhaul project. https://www.file-upload.net/download-12 ... c.zip.html

Transport Omega 1 don't board shuttle Keydon
Transport Omega 2 don't board shuttle Phantele.

Can anyone fix this? Thanks for help

OverDhill
Cadet 4th Class

Post by OverDhill » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:55 pm

It has been awhile since I checked. I would love to play X-Wing and Tie Fighter using the XWA engine with the updated graphics. Did the upgrade for XWTC and TFTC go dead? I have not seen any news about a release. You guys did such a nice job with XWAUCPv1.3 and it would be awesome to see the total conversions working as well.

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:04 pm

Updating Mod Site.

OverDhill
Cadet 4th Class

Post by OverDhill » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:01 pm

Ok thanks... had not scrolled down far enough to see a new version. I have it installed and after some screwing around with pilot files I seem to have it working after the Ackbar briefings without crashing.

OverDhill
Cadet 4th Class

Post by OverDhill » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:04 am

Quick question. I was play testing it out and when using the T or R key and rotating through the targets there are times I get a black screen with two small dots on it. Is this normal or is this a bug? Most of the time when I keep hitting the T key it will come back to the normal screen with the new target locked.

OverDhill
Cadet 4th Class

Post by OverDhill » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:19 am

I finally have figured out the mission order and using the XWAPFVLite application I was able to select the Tour mission starting point. I still am seeing that black screen now and then when targeting ships.

Edit

Well I fixed the black screen with the two dots. I used xwahacker-2.8 and ran the 16bitmode.bat after reading that sometimes it would give you troubles running 32bit. Didn't notice any difference in quality and the game has no issues so far.

I also modified the Star Citizen Freepie script to get TrackIR working for XWA.

Thanks for your help

OverDhill
Cadet 4th Class

Post by OverDhill » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:24 am

Progress report.

Well it seems that the Historic (training) missions are a little buggy as I get a lot of XWA has stopped responding when I go to enter the hangar. It does that 90% of the time.

If I fly the Tour missions it seems to behave itself.

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:20 am

I have fixed the Last Mission of battle one ( Destroy of Lusla )

Remember, you must delete the Second Mission of the Sepan Civil War Tour, the File is Damaged and the Game won't start if the Mission file is in the Mission list and Folder.

OverDhill
Cadet 4th Class

Post by OverDhill » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:35 pm

Well it seems that you can play the Historic missions for XWC by going into the Flight Simulator and choosing a mission then use the Quick start and bypass the briefing (which crashes the game).

OverDhill
Cadet 4th Class

Post by OverDhill » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:42 pm

Avarice1987 wrote:I have fixed the Last Mission of battle one ( Destroy of Lusla )

Remember, you must delete the Second Mission of the Sepan Civil War Tour, the File is Damaged and the Game won't start if the Mission file is in the Mission list and Folder.
Too bad the file has never been fixed. Thanks for the information