Looking for Some Older Mods

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Looking for Some Older Mods

DARoot
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by DARoot » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:55 pm

Greetings

1. Does anyone here have access to a copy of the old "Atmospheric Shipset" mod by Abolisher?
It had some well-designed planetary "ground strike" missions, that I'd like to analyze and possibly adapt, to something I'm working on.
But, I can't find it anywhere nowadays (including Jefe Picaro's great site).
I would gladly pay you Tuesday for access to a copy today.

2. Similarly, does anyone know where I might obtain a copy of "The Battle of Hoth Project" (which was apparently still a Beta when work ceased).
It included some interesting "ground object" opts (gun emplacements, underground hangar, etc.) that I'd like to obtain again.

3. I have some "city block" opts from DTM's "Naboo" environment and from the "Asgard Family Campaign" [currently hosted on Gen. Trageton's site] that I'm experimenting with, with simple retexturing. If anyone knows of any more (including WIPs), that are available that could provide additional "raw material," could you please point me in their direction?

Send me a PM if you don't want to respond here.

Thank you for any assistance.

DARoot
[Ooops! Today IS Tuesday ... Ah, well ...]
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken ...

WildstarBlue9
Lieutenant Commander

Post by WildstarBlue9 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:08 am

Addressing #1 and #2, you might find those on xvtedicion.es (English translation available on the page)
Wildstar, Red 2 (XO) (Ret.)

Not the Wildstar that authored IMCGen.

Red_Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Red_Leader » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:40 pm

Whatever happened with the BOH project anyway? I was part of the team, I volunteered to record audio clips. I still have the website bookmarked, for years the progress completion has been stuck on 77%.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles
https://www.freewebs.com/redleaderxwa/

DARoot
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by DARoot » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:14 pm

Thank you both, for responding.

@ WildstarBlue -- Oh, yes! Jefe Picaro's site is a treasure trove of useful resources.
Not these (yet), though. (At least, the last time I checked ...)

@ Red_Leader -- Well, if you were part of the "original team," do you, perhaps, still have some old "beta" or "pre-beta" files for BOH on some backup disk somewhere, that you might be willing to share?
If so, please send me a PM, before I get banned ...
:zensur:
Happy Gaming!

DARoot
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken ...

Red_Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Red_Leader » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:52 pm

DARoot wrote:@ Red_Leader -- Well, if you were part of the "original team," do you, perhaps, still have some old "beta" or "pre-beta" files for BOH on some backup disk somewhere, that you might be willing to share?
If so, please send me a PM, before I get banned ...
:zensur:
Happy Gaming!DARoot
Unfortunately I don't. I just volunteered to record the audio clips, that's all I'm good for haha :lol:

The only BOH related file I do have is the T-47, but you can find that at DTM's site (where I got it). I'm not sure if DTM's T-47 was the one that was going to be included in the BOH project. I had another version years ago but lost it.

JinKazama16
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by JinKazama16 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:16 pm

i'm interested in getting the abolisher package but the website http://abolisher.xwlegacy.net/
is no more
Han Solo: She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:30 pm

I still have the files hosted. Check out this page. The mirror is at the bottom of the page under "Miscellaneous"
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

JinKazama16
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by JinKazama16 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:41 pm

General_Trageton wrote:I still have the files hosted. Check out this page. The mirror is at the bottom of the page under "Miscellaneous"
Thanks General :D
Han Solo: She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

Atx
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atx » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:38 am

Red_Leader wrote:Whatever happened with the BOH project anyway?...
Wow, I missed this...I still have the original files tucked away somewhere but DTM did an upgrade to the Snowspeeder model.
As for the 77% I had plans for a campaign and cutscenes but it just never came to be but all the OPTs did get done and a working mission was put together and it featured Red Leaders great audio clips too (so many thanks on that) I just never was able to mess with the torpedo to make it work and display like I wanted it for my harpoon. Oh well.
The Navbuoy is closed...long live the XWAU!!!

Red_Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Red_Leader » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:05 am

Aw man, I never knew about the cutscenes. As for DTM's Snowspeeder that's the one I currently have. Could you email me the mission? I'd love to take a look at it. How would the harpoon work? I remember reading something about waypoints being used? Also who would you have flown as? Luke gets shot down and it's impossible to recreate that in XWA.

Atx
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atx » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:09 am

I posted ths files here...thinks that's all of 'em

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8rRU_ ... sp=sharing

That should do it...this was all based on Clouds stuff and was a second go at it if you will...I tracked down folks from all over to get at their OPTs and for permission. Even made use of Saxman's snowspeeder since I thought it was shame that it was going to waste so fixing up (most) of the flipped faces was worth it for it to see the light of day. Lots of good memories trying this thing...even had an idea of using the last pilot model slot to have walking (more like moonwalking) rebel that you can move along and shoot along the surface...same idea as the walkers just smaller.

Good to see this place still chugging along...
The Navbuoy is closed...long live the XWAU!!!