Mission help

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Mission help

t o m m y
Recruit

Post by t o m m y » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:22 am

Hi. I just bought the GOG version of this game. Ive never played it. Can someone help me get past the first mission after you join the rebellion. Its called Deep Strike Evaluation. I dont know what I am doing wrong.

There are 3 target areas. First one is simple. You simply destroy the containers until the platform blows up. Then hyperspace to target area 2.

Destroying the Sondrab is pretty easy. However, Gold leader says "its time to get out of here" but doesnt leave. He keeps dodging fire from the perimter defenses.

When I get to target area 3 he is never with me. I fire some torpedoes to slow down the convoy but by the time the assault shuttle gets near me its over. I am no match for him. I was thinking Gold leader was suppose to be there to keep him busy. I dont know.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Oldcode
Rebel Alliance

Post by Oldcode » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:10 am

Before you get to target area 3, let your wing-man enter hyperspace before you do.

Good Luck,

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:01 pm

Yeah that is probably one of the most difficult parts in the game. Be sure to reload your torpedoes before jumping to area 3. When you arrive, have your wingman target one of the Assault Shuttles, while spamming the other with your torpedoes. It's also easier to disable the Shuttles instead of killing them. You can always go back and kill the Shuttles after you destroyed the convoy.

t o m m y
Recruit

Post by t o m m y » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:39 pm

Thank you both for your help. I finally got through it. After destroying the Sondrab in area 2 he say "let's get out of here" so I fly to the nav buoy and leave. I was more patient this time and waited for him and he followed. This time he was with me in target area 3 and kept the assault shuttle busy while I destroyed the convoy.

Would have taken me forever to figure that out on my own.

I'm sure I'll be back asking again the next time I get stuck. I can't find much help online.

Thanks again.

Tommy