The Force Awakens: TRAILER #3

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

The Force Awakens: TRAILER #3

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:37 am

Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

darklord
Galactic Empire

Post by darklord » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:57 pm

YaY! Looks like there is some quality movie making craftsmanship going on at least.

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:13 pm

Well, if everything else fails, the music will be outstanding. Not that I expected anything different from John Williams :D

The visuals seem really cool. Whether the story lives up to the same standard, we'll see. But just seeing X-wings and TIE Fighter dogfight again brings a huge smile to my face :)

Marcos_Edson
XWAU Member

Post by Marcos_Edson » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:08 am

Damn, that hyperspace effect! :shock:
SETI
"There can be only one..."
"I'm an otaku! Have a problem with that?"

Nomada_Firefox
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Nomada_Firefox » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:52 pm

Marcos_Edson wrote:Damn, that hyperspace effect! :shock:
At least JJ did not make any bad change at this. It is very similar to the last from return of the jedi. I was scared because he could make big changes as at Star Trek.

About the music, even if they told how Williams would make it, he is very old and I do not wait to him making it at 100%. At Jurassic World, Michael Giacchino made the music with part of the old music made by Williams and it was not bad.

Red_Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Red_Leader » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:25 pm

I think its pretty cool to see Han come full circle. Talking about "hokey religions" in ANH, to now in TFA saying its all real.

That's how you do a trailer. Real excited for December.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles
https://www.freewebs.com/redleaderxwa/

Tuskin
Ensign

Post by Tuskin » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:25 pm

the music in the trailer wasn't completely by Williams, he is doing the music in the movie, but specifically the trailer music wasn't him.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the- ... ler-music/

Will T
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:08 pm

Tuskin wrote:the music in the trailer wasn't completely by Williams, he is doing the music in the movie, but specifically the trailer music wasn't him.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the- ... ler-music/
Damn. There goes my theory that Han and Leia's theme kicking in just as Rey starts talking to Han meant that Rey was Han and Leia's daughter.

I mean, it still could be but knowing John Williams doesn't use themes lightly I felt for sure that was legit. But if it wasn't Williams...
Formerly known as The 95 Headhunter

The Saxman
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by The Saxman » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:36 am

It made for a great trailer. But then again, so did Episodes I-III.

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:19 pm

And here goes another!
https://youtu.be/SdAUiyeJMFQ

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:09 pm

Man... I am trying so hard not to get hyped up about the new trilogy but seeing those trailers makes this very, very hard.

And Sax, I just rewatched the Episode I-III trailers and I have to say none of those came close to the new one if you ask me. (Though I admit hindsight does most likely play a bit of a role there)
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

Trevor
Lieutenant JG

Post by Trevor » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:06 am

Personally I like all the episodes in the saga so far. Im just concerned about various contradictory rumers about Lucas involvment or lack of it. Its his story and I just hope that JJ hasnt changed it too much.

But, those trailors look awsome, the recurring cast should help tie it in, but one other concern to me is that I have not seen R2 or 3PO... they were in every episode so far, and in many regards, its through their eyes we see the saga.

Trev

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:29 am

General_Trageton wrote:And here goes another!
https://youtu.be/SdAUiyeJMFQ
So she's been waiting for her family, huh?

Anyone else think there's any milage in Luke being the bad guy?

that would really suck - but it kinda hints at it what with us not having seen him except that one shot of him in Obi-Wan style robes.
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:03 am

I'm trying hard to resist that line of thought no matter how it becomes more and more likely - and interesting.

Tuskin
Ensign

Post by Tuskin » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:04 pm

Trevor wrote:Personally I like all the episodes in the saga so far. Im just concerned about various contradictory rumers about Lucas involvment or lack of it. Its his story and I just hope that JJ hasnt changed it too much.

But, those trailors look awsome, the recurring cast should help tie it in, but one other concern to me is that I have not seen R2 or 3PO... they were in every episode so far, and in many regards, its through their eyes we see the saga.

Trev
Lucas gave them notes on what he wanted to do, but he said later they're not using them.

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:15 pm

Bear in mind Lucas also said that he'd never planned another Trilogy - he's not really very honest about projects that get shelved. I suspect they are using his notes as a general guide but he's had no input on the script, so it's not his vision any more.
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

Tuskin
Ensign

Post by Tuskin » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:19 pm

I'm fine with that.

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:23 pm

Can't say I'm disappointed by that. As much of a visionary as he used to be, the recent stuff Lucas came up with was mediocre at best. And I'm not just talking about the Prequels here.

Not that I'm very excited about Abrams either.

Trevor
Lieutenant JG

Post by Trevor » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:57 pm

See, there are so many contradictory rumers about the saga as a whole.
I have just been reading about Ian McDiarmid and he had said that while filming ROTJ Lucas had 9 films planned but someone told McDiarmid that he was to go back first to do I II III.
At this, McDiarmid thought that he would never be asked.

So even then there was talk of 9.

Contradictory to this are others who say that there was only to be 3, with other still saying only 6...

Meh... Ill just accept the 9 story rumer since it was made during the filming of the original trilogy.

Trev

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:25 pm

Trevor
Lieutenant JG

Post by Trevor » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:09 pm

Hehe funny but I dislike both the bendy lightsaber and 1 quadrent of moving stars.

On a similar vain, I dislike the New red "Fire"sabre (is it even a lightsabre still?)

Trev

Tuskin
Ensign

Post by Tuskin » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:05 am

It is rumoured that Kylo's saber is or is based off a very old lightsbaer design, which is unstable.

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:25 pm

I'm suspicious that everything we've seen, or a lot of it, because we know the New Republic existed at some point after TotJ and Jakku is basically a graveyard for a big chunk of the Imperial Fleet after NR forces handed them a straight up arse kicking.

Yet JJ tells us in Episode 7 we will have the "Resistance".

So for the books and films to be so far apart would be quite extraordinary, and even more so given that Admiral Ackbar is still alive.

We might all sit down in theatres in a week to discover it's NOTHING like we expected from the trailers.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:43 am

Well since Disney officially neglected a huge part of the EU, we'll likely need to blank out everything we know about the post-RotJ era as we go and watch the film.

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:54 am

Sorry, I meant the new books - not the old ones.

According to those new books Jakku happened a year and four days after Endor and thereafter the Empire was restricted to the Core and sued for peace. The concept of "the Core" is also EU-ish as well.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.