E-wing cockpit model flickering during maneuvers

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

E-wing cockpit model flickering during maneuvers

SirBrass
Recruit

Post by SirBrass » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:53 am

I am using DS's UCP 2.3 and edited the mission files (thank you AlliED!) to allow me to use the E-Wing in certain missions (basically where an x-wing would work). Lots of fun, but not for the empire. Anyway, one minor quibble that is driving me nuts is that when I perform maneuvers (roll, bank, yaw, throttle work), the interior cockpit image (not the HUD overlay) flickers, like the texture is refreshing slower than the graphics, despite the cockpit NOT being animated (one thing I dislike about XWA over TF and XW). Anyway, DS says that Saxman's E-wing model is the better one elsewhere on the site, but unfortunately saxman's website is off the web. SOOOOO, any idea what's causing the flickering with the only remaining e-wing model for XWA out there?

Also, minor aside, the B-Wing model for UCP 2.3 is broken (warheads firing with the lasers in single and linked fire). The individual model and the one included in 1.3 both work flawlessly, however, so it's an easy fix. I just figured I'd mention it for future updates.

I suppose I should say that I'm running the GOG version of XWA on a laptop with an Intel i7, integrated intel graphics and nvidia chips (the game uses the integrated graphics for the 3d rendering, however), on a 1920x1280 monitor and have the in-game resolution set to 1600x1200 (though the gpu scales it up to 1920x1280).