New Opt's by Gammatron

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

New Opt's by Gammatron

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:45 pm

Gammatron contacted me about some new craft he had put together from the craft already available on here. To be honest I wasn't expecting too much as in the past others have kit bashed together craft from stock craft with terrible results. Anyhow Gammatron sent me the Concept Craft and I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of them.

I've just tidied them up and corrected a few minor glitches.

First up is the Extended B-Wing in Dagger Squadron colours, Gammatron did a fine job on stretching the cockpit to extend it, but the textures where stretched, so what I've done is to move the original cockpit and piece in an extension.
BwingE.jpg
Next up the 181st Imperial Fighter Wing ‘Elite’ TIE Interceptor
TieInt181.jpg
Next we have the Emperor's Royal Guard TIE Interceptor
TieIntRoyal.jpg
Next the bad ass of the TIE Bombers the TIE Interdictor (later known as the TIE Punisher)
TieInterdictor.jpg
Next the TIE Shuttle
TieShuttle.jpg
And lastly from Gammatron the TIE Seeker made from the TIE Lambda
TieSeeker.jpg
You can download all six of Gammatron's Opts on his own page under
Hosted Craft / Gammatron's Craft

All craft come with Base, Exterior and Cockpit opts
an MXvTED *.shp file for installation.
A Skirmish image
and a Hull-Icon image.
Sorry these are manual installs

I've also cobbled a few new TIE's together

First we have the TIE Storm or ‘Stormtrooper Shuttle’
TieStorm.jpg
And the TIE Heavy Bomber
TieHBomber.jpg
And you can download both of these from
Darksaber's Craft / Imperial Fighter 1

All craft come with Base, Exterior and Cockpit opts
an MXvTED *.shp file for intallation.
A Skirmish image
and a Hull-Icon image.
Sorry these are manual installs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Marcos_Edson
XWAU Member

Post by Marcos_Edson » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:42 am

Whoa... These are some nice designs!
SETI
"There can be only one..."
"I'm an otaku! Have a problem with that?"

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:24 am

Look good, was some time since we did see some new OPT!
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

Gammatron
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Gammatron » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:02 pm

Very cool! Thanks for hosting them!

I really like your TIE Stormtrooper Shuttle. It's hard to tell what the "canon" TIE Shuttle even looks like as the one that appears in the film is so tiny onscreen and if you blink, you'll miss it. Wookiepedia's page shows a lighter colored TIE Bomber with no bomb chute, but the storyboards show a TIE Bomber with inverted wings. Your Stormtrooper shuttle offers the best of both worlds as either could be the "real" one. I like the texture of the 2nd pilot pod with the stormtroopers, too.

I should note that with the exception of the TIE Seeker, these are all existing variants from the EU (or in the TIE Shuttle\Stormtrooper shuttle, interpretations of a very hard to see craft in ESB - namely Captain Needa's shuttle.)

A good half of these appear in the X-Wing Miniatures tabletop game, which is why I made them in the first place.

The Heavy TIE Bomber and TIE Interdictor both appear in Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds. The TIE Interdictor later appears as the "TIE Punisher" in X-Wing miniatures and the Fantasy Flight RPG.

The 181st TIE Interceptor is from the Rogue Squadron comics and generally anything with Baron Fel in it. The Royal Guard Interceptor is from Star Wars Galaxies. Again, both appear in the X-Wing minis game.

Lastly, I'm not entirely sure where the B-Wing\E2 comes from, but it was in the old Essential Guide to vehicles and vessels. The color scheme comes from the Star Wars: Rebellion comic and was later made into a few toys.

Michal
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Michal » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:48 pm

Great work!
Good to see some new OPTs from Darksaber after all these years...
My current project X-Wing Game Series Twitter
My old project X-Wing Series Site, still online

Marco Antonio
XWAU Member

Post by Marco Antonio » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:25 pm

Very cool craft!!
Congrats!
my WIP:
Derylin Platform - Modelling-100% Mapping-10%

Drinkinmiester
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Drinkinmiester » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:54 pm

Very cool, thanks yet again guys! Now the dilemma, which craft to switch out for these!?! Not the worst problem I've had, heh.

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:16 pm

Thanks Gammatron, these are some fantastic opts!!!!

Sincerely, Rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:40 am

Nice job!

Gammatron
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Gammatron » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:04 pm

Personally, I've kind of made a separate XWA install that I call "XWA Skirmish" that replaces a lot of stock ships and boring things like containers. Now unfortunately, this makes the ingame missions unplayable, so I removed those.

I can't release that though, as it contains a lot of opts I haven't made and is very unfinished and unpolished. I've been using XWA as basically M.U.G.E.N. but for spaceships.

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:41 am

Nice, yet another reason to get a functioning stick.
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:21 am

Very nice.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Will T
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:10 pm

As someone who has just got into Fantasy Flight's X-wing Miniatures, I love that Dagger Squadron /E2 B-Wing. Makes me think of the Nera Dantels / Weapons Officer / far too many points spent an ordnance combo I ran once.

It's also made me realise that for years I've missed the fact the B-Wing pilot in the cockpit has the correct helmet, which I now feel a little unobservant for.

Love the Royal Guard TIE, too. Autothrusters and Stealth Device included?

Is there any model difference on the 181st Interceptor that I'm missing, or is it just a re-textured Interceptor? If the latter, is there any chance you could make that an alternate FG for the regular Interceptor? Maybe use the other two slots to make a plain Interceptor with that grey base and a striped Interceptor with the regular blue base?

No worries if not. Way back in the distant past when the grey ANH TIE Fighter got released as a separate option from the blue hull, I seem to remember the question of flight groups came up and opt texture limits were an issue.
Formerly known as The 95 Headhunter

Gammatron
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Gammatron » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:34 pm

Will T wrote:Is there any model difference on the 181st Interceptor that I'm missing, or is it just a re-textured Interceptor? If the latter, is there any chance you could make that an alternate FG for the regular Interceptor? Maybe use the other two slots to make a plain Interceptor with that grey base and a striped Interceptor with the regular blue base?

No worries if not. Way back in the distant past when the grey ANH TIE Fighter got released as a separate option from the blue hull, I seem to remember the question of flight groups came up and opt texture limits were an issue.
The 181st Interceptor is a re-texture, but the colors are totally different, like the ANH and ESB TIEs. The standard Interceptor is blue, whereas the 181st is grey with red stripes. As for making them flight group colors, that would be up to Darksaber. The texture limits can be surpassed with a patch now, but he may not want to include them as not everyone has that patch.

There's also an upcoming expansion pack for X-Wing Minis that has a grey TIE Bomber with white stripes and a TIE Defender in Royal Guard colors but I haven't done any work on them as this is really recent:
http://xwing-miniatures.wikia.com/wiki/ ... nsion_Pack

Once Darksaber releases his First Order TIEs, I'd really like to make First Order versions of the TIE Bomber and Interceptor as I felt the new movie was sorely lacking them.

I've spent a decent amount of time thinking about how the First Order would update those designs. This guy has an interesting take on an upgraded Interceptor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77y3nLpJyoQ I'm not sure how I feel about the invented wings, though. I think instead I'd go for something closer to the original, but with the wing-mounted power cells from the Special Forces TIE and some beefier engines akin to the TIE Advanced X1, V1 or TIE Avenger. Previous I had made a mock-up with TIE Defender parts:
http://imgur.com/Vy4MUtO

As for the Bomber, I've thought of making a design that's reminiscent of the B-17 Bomber that has a central cockpit pod and two ordinance pods on opposite sides of it. The central pod would be longer and have a manned turret or two. I'd probably go for different wings than the TIE Bomber \ Advanced X1 but I'm not sure what.

Or I just do the Scimitar Assault Bomber and TIE Defender in First Order colors and call it a day.

Kriegmacher
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Kriegmacher » Tue May 31, 2016 9:42 pm

I just want to thank you for the RGI. I've never had any luck with .opt or .shp manual installs in the past, but once I saw the RGI I was determined to get it into my game. It took several uninstall/reinstalls, and ultimately I ended up losing the TIE Bizarro (which is frankly no great loss to me), but I am happy to report that for the first time since Star Wars Galaxies went offline I am flying a RGI! I even managed to change the hull icon and skirmish photo. I'm not savvy enough to create new missions, but I plan to whip up a series of custom skirmishes based around the RGI.

Thanks again for sharing your talent and know-how. I really appreciate it!

CIDlord_1973
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by CIDlord_1973 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:17 am

:cooler: I can't wait to pilot Gammatron's ghost and decimerator.