Z-95-4 X-Wing

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Z-95-4 X-Wing

DTM
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by DTM » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:38 am

The MkIV version of the Z-95 was designed by Incom Corporation as a predecessor of the hit series "T" of the X-Wing. The young Wedge Antilles used one of these starfighters to avenge his family, in the comic strip "The Phantom Affair".
Many of these starfighters were used in the early hours of the Rebellion against the Empire. These old starfighters were later replaced by new models T-60 and T-65, manufactured by Incom.

You may find this starfighter at my web page, MTD Industries!

As default, the Z-95 MkIV will be installed replacing the X-Wing.
(It uses the same Cockpit POV of the X-Wing, so it can be easley tested, simply overwriting the opt files.)

Have Fun!!!

Trevor
Lieutenant JG

Post by Trevor » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:09 am

That looks just like the T70 with the engines halved like that and its very, very similar to the T65...

Surely the development cycle would class the additional split-wing as a fork of the Z series, giving birth to the T series... otherwise why is the x-wing the T-65 and not just Z-96?

I guess the writer of "The Phantom Affair" didnt think about that, he just wanted to draw an x-wing and then said, "oh, its 5 years earlier so Id better call it the z-95" :P

Trev

DTM

Post by DTM » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:24 pm

The X-Wing starfighter is an evolution of the Z95, but it is completely different. A careless eye might say they are the same, apart from the wings, but it is not so. The rounded fuselage, from nose to tail, the Cockpit, the housing unit R2, the engines ... so everything is different.
But it is easy to think that the T-65 is the result of a radical change that started by Z-95. The first X-Wing prototypes may have been some modified Z-95, like this Mk IV version.
I recognized a great similarity between the first X-Wing concept by Ralph McQuarrie and Z-95. For this reason I will call "T-60" the model I made from McQuarrie concept. The missing link between the Z-95 and T-65. :D

Will T
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:40 pm

I can't tell you how long I've waited for someone to make this, DTM...

So worth the wait. It's beautiful. I might have to make some more Z-95 missions just to fly it more, I don't think skirmishes and the two campaign missions are going to cut it.

Young Wedge Antilles Campaign, anyone?
Formerly known as The 95 Headhunter

Javier Lopez
Ensign

Post by Javier Lopez » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:22 pm

Very nice indeed

While the Z-95 is a bit of a nightmare to make sense due to many artists and writers having their own interpretation (some have 4 engines.. others 2... others like the one from Wedge's history shown here have the "split" engine intakes and X wings.. the canonincal republic version is huge and with cannards...

Personally i stuill prefer the one with 2 wings.. but is true that they tried to fit them all by having the Z-95 being some short of nearly "timeless" fighter with a looong run (it was made canon by the TPM book in wich a spacer states he prefers a Z-95 over any other fighter) so its posible that folding wings versions exist.. after all even the ARC-170 had folding wings
Known as Sparrow<BR>Lores del Sith SQuadron.<BR>ICQ: 70084473

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:49 am

Really nice work DTM, top notch as usual :D
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Drinkinmiester
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Drinkinmiester » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:23 pm

Oh man that's awesome!

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:17 am

Nice job. Never hurts to have a history of all the different Z-95 model types.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:42 pm

This is my favourite version of the Z-95, hands down - ever since I saw it in the X-Wing comics.
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.