**NEW** The Force Awakens Craft Pack v1.0

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:23 pm

Just a small Craft Pack that includes Spyder's Awesome T-70 X-Wing Fighter, the Special Forces TIE Fighter, First Order TIE Fighter and an updated Millennium Falcon.

Spyder's T-70 X-Wing Fighter

Special Forces TIE Fighter

First Order TIE Fighter

Updated Millennium Falcon

For more information, a better look at the craft and to download, please go to Darksaber's X-Wing Station

If you happen to find any bugs, please report them here!

Enjoy!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:43 pm

Great

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:28 pm

Shaweeht work guys! Looks great.

Now for me to get off my lazy ass and continue on the Finalizer .........
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:09 am

Nicely done DS, and Spyder.

Just watched the Blue-Ray dvd yesterday and noticed the Finalizer had some Tie Fighters parked on the front side brim superstructure of the ship. Looks very complicated. Good luck GT! :-) Also, stormtrooper transports are not too radically different than the model in this game. That was nice see when they returned in the hangar.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:53 pm

Well this went down like a ton of bricks, what a waste of my time lol
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:20 pm

Naw, it's just a slow week. Month? Year? Dunno.

I like how the SF TIE turned out.

KillCard
Recruit

Post by KillCard » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:02 pm

This is awesome.. but is there anyway to make it not replace the normal Tie Fighter/Interceptor and T-65?

Leofus
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Leofus » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:28 pm

Great job as always, Darksaber!

TheMidi-ChlorianHoax
Cadet 4th Class

Post by TheMidi-ChlorianHoax » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:55 am

I love this so much this is absolutely fantastic!!! I would prefer it as well if they didn't replace the default ships but that's okay :p

Gammatron
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Gammatron » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:31 pm

Awesome, I've been really looking forward to this! I have a WIP of Kylo Ren's shuttle, too.

That would just leave the First Order and Resistance troop transports. They really didn't design a lot of ships for this one, sadly.

What's interesting though is the Resistance troop transport is a modified B-Wing Mark II, so it would be neat to see what the actual B-Wing mk. II looks like.

If it's cool with you, I might mess around with those TIEs and try to make some updated First Order versions of old TIE craft. I was pretty sad that they just had standard and special forces TIEs and no Interceptors, Bombers or anything else...

bazzelbrush
Galactic Empire

Post by bazzelbrush » Wed May 11, 2016 5:25 pm

Hi Darksaber.
Just have a question if I may? Is there a way to add these to X-wing alliance with out copying over the T-65 and older Tie Fighter ? I wouldn't mind seeing if I can have them added like I have the Tie Phantom and Tie Addvanced. Other then that.. I've given them a belt about and honstly.. I've not come accross any bugs at all yet.. Cheers ;)

bazzelbrush
Galactic Empire

Post by bazzelbrush » Fri May 13, 2016 9:49 pm

Now come to speak of it.. there are two bugs Ive come come across.. When targeting the Screen gots black. And with in the Fulcon. there looks like that there's an Error with the MK.. Sticking out in front of the view of the cockpit. Kind of like your looking though the windows of the canopy and at eye level you can see MK's neck and head sitting in mid space.

When the Screen goes black its only when targeting and all you ccan see and green or yellow lights on there side of the screen.. There the only two bugs I've come acrooss

Oldcode
Rebel Alliance

Post by Oldcode » Sat May 14, 2016 1:49 pm

That's just too awesome! :D

TheMidi-ChlorianHoax
Cadet 4th Class

Post by TheMidi-ChlorianHoax » Wed May 25, 2016 5:05 pm

Darksaber wrote:Well this went down like a ton of bricks, what a waste of my time lol
Maybe instead of whining about it you should consider that you are making a mod for a game that has more years of age than active users on this site. Or the fact that you had the stupid idea of replacing original ships in the game with the new ones, when it would have been extremely easy to just add them as new ones.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed May 25, 2016 7:25 pm

Your quiet welcome to have a go at creating your own installer, considering according to you its "extremely easy"
- John Lydgate

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Wed May 25, 2016 9:06 pm

Hoax, you may want consider your next words carefully before continueing insulting senior project members.

This is, as far as I can tell the second time you're picking a fight with Darksaber. I suggest you stand down now.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

TheRedBlade
Recruit

Post by TheRedBlade » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:34 pm

Asking non-dickishly, is there any way to download the OPTs without needing to go through the installer? One of the things that excites me about having all these ships in the game is the ability to take them head-to-head against classic fighters. Other than the X-wing tabletop game, there's no where else I can put a Defender up against a T-70.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:26 am

TheRedBlade wrote:Asking non-dickishly, is there any way to download the OPTs without needing to go through the installer? One of the things that excites me about having all these ships in the game is the ability to take them head-to-head against classic fighters. Other than the X-wing tabletop game, there's no where else I can put a Defender up against a T-70.
Coming soon!
- John Lydgate

rogue518
XWAU Member

Post by rogue518 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:21 pm

Sorry Darksaber, should have acknowledge when you release this awesome pack great job!!! :D

Sincerely, Rogue518
'Stay in Attack formation!' Darth Vader aka: Anakin Skywalker During the 'Battle Of Yavin'

OrangeFr3ak
Recruit

Post by OrangeFr3ak » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:08 am

The TIE/sf is one of my favorites in this pack but having played Battlefront II, I notice that for X-Wing Alliance it lacks the engine glow effects in the exhaust ports. Perhaps this can be added in future?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:13 am

OrangeFr3ak wrote:The TIE/sf is one of my favorites in this pack but having played Battlefront II, I notice that for X-Wing Alliance it lacks the engine glow effects in the exhaust ports. Perhaps this can be added in future?
See if this can help...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-c4cxfgdAM
There are the instructions for Direct X 11 and HDR support, though there are no 1st Order's TIE Fighters in the film.
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:49 am

Dx11 has nothing to do with how engine glow works.

Either DS didn't add it because he forgot, or he artistically didn't want it there.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:08 am

I haven't found footage from either TFA or TLJ that show the TIE/SF with an engine glow, showing an image from game footage doesn't prove that the film version of this craft was meant to have engine glows. The engines are a different design than the normal Ion Engines, who is to say they have any sort of ignited engine to power them along?

In TFA you can clearly see the TIE/FO has engine glow as they still look like they still use Ion Engines but in a vertical formation

Unless you can find me images from the "FILMS" that prove the TIE/SF has an engine glow I won't be including it any time soon
- John Lydgate