Star Wars Episode IX: Return of the Abrams

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Star Wars Episode IX: Return of the Abrams

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:12 pm

Alright this may be a bit ahead of time but since TLJ is onle 3,5 months out And, given the official confirmation that jJ Abrams will be taking over directing EP9 from Colin Trevorro I thought I might as well start the official XWAU Episode IX rant thread.

So, fire away!
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:57 pm

Meh. Rogue one was a masterpiece compared to the universe building of the sequel trilogy thus far in my opinion. I have so many issues with the first order and the resistance and the complete remake of EP4. But hey, I don't wanna be a negative nancy. I'm looking forward to any future films placed in the original civil war era.

God knows my local 501 garrison people have probably heard enough of my EP7 bitching...
Image Image Image Image Image

WarHawkster
Lieutenant JG

Post by WarHawkster » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:52 pm

Rogue One was overrated. Chalked full of unnecessary fan service, each hero can take out a squad of storm troopers like nothing (even though the main trilogy cast spends their entire time running away from them, despite the bad aim), plot holes like inserting R2D2 and C3PO when they should have already left with Leia, or that Leia and the Tantive IV were at the battle of Scarif, when they should have been off trying to find Obi Wan if we were to believe Bail's statement. Oh no, they had to be there, almost like they knew ahead of time, because plot demands it. Cargo AT-AT's? How in the world does that make sense in the world of repulsar lifts?

At least Ep 7 had a plot that made sense, and characters you care about.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:25 pm

Ah so we can look forward to a remake of Return of the Jedi then, why didn't they just get Gareth Edwards or continue with Rian Johnson or even Ron Howard

Abrams lol, it's as bad as having Lucas direct again :kopfwand:
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Rich C
Lieutenant

Post by Rich C » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:51 pm

IXAbrams.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If you're going through hell, keep going."

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:53 pm

Hey, if a RotJ remake includes Rey in a gold bikini, I'm the last to complain :D
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:57 pm

Spot on Rich :D
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Marcos_Edson
XWAU Member

Post by Marcos_Edson » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:29 am

General_Trageton wrote:Hey, if a RotJ remake includes Rey in a gold bikini, I'm the last to complain :D
Darksaber wrote:Spot on Rich :D
I like the way you think, gentlemen! :D
SETI
"There can be only one..."
"I'm an otaku! Have a problem with that?"

Oldcode
Rebel Alliance

Post by Oldcode » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:41 am

Marcos_Edson wrote:
General_Trageton wrote:Hey, if a RotJ remake includes Rey in a gold bikini, I'm the last to complain :D
Darksaber wrote:Spot on Rich :D
I like the way you think, gentlemen! :D
Me too!!!! :D

As to the other stuff, both Rouge One and TFA have their problems and are certainly not perfect, but they are both absolute masterpieces compared to the loose bowel movements that are the prequels.

Tuskin
Ensign

Post by Tuskin » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:45 am

Darksaber wrote: or continue with Rian Johnson
They asked RJ but he turned it down. Hes probably tired after doing TLJ.

Abrams is Co-writing this with someone else.

Anyways I'm fine with this, TFA wasn't amazing but it was certainly better then a lot of films.

I doubt this will be a 'retelling' of ROTJ (TFA was hardly that in the first place)

How this movie's story turns out will also depend on how TLJ leaves the story at the end of it.

TFA had 30 years of time between ROTJ and it, so it would be easier to do what you claim they did, it would be a lot harder after TLJ