U-Wing, V-Wing, Gozanti...and more!

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

U-Wing, V-Wing, Gozanti...and more!

DTM
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by DTM » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:54 pm

Happy New Year! I want to start this 2018 well:
in a few days I will release the "Rebels Craft Pack". In the meantime, enjoy the new trailer.

I inaugurate my new site, with a few new spaceships ...

New U-Wing

New version of the V-Wing

New Gozanti Class Imperial Cruiser

New VCX-100 Light Freighter, aka The Ghost

My new Pursuit Class Inquisitor Cruiser

My New Princess Star Class Diplomatic Heavy Cruiser

Stay tuned for upcoming news!!! :D

Vince T

Post by Vince T » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:59 pm

Shit that‘s sexy! Amazing job DTM!
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:43 pm

Good work

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:30 pm

I've been looking forward to this, and boy has it been worth the wait. Considering how much I like the U-wing I was thinking that it would be the coolest craft of the lot, but that Inquisitor cruiser is just pure sexyness. Awesome work, DTM, truly awesome!

I'm guessing the Diplomatic Cruiser will be involved in your Rebels Campaign? Wonder who the Empire would let have a ship of that size with that armament.

Can't wait for the campaign now!

Prime
XWAU Member

Post by Prime » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:35 am

These look really great. So awesome that this game is still getting such good new content.

Marcos_Edson
XWAU Member

Post by Marcos_Edson » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:11 am

WOW!!! Amazing!!!
SETI
"There can be only one..."
"I'm an otaku! Have a problem with that?"

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:02 am

Very nice DTM. B/t/w, asteroid .opt models can now be theoretically replaced with moons and planets and perhaps nav buoys ... things that rotate in space, even if placed far away for esthetics. Thanks to Jeremy's recent tool(s). Have ideas for TFTC. :-)
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Drinkinmiester
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Drinkinmiester » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:52 am

Wow! Can't wait to check it out!

Q
Ensign

Post by Q » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:13 am

Very nice, thank you for these!!!
"I like work; it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours."

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:18 pm

Bman wrote:Very nice DTM. B/t/w, asteroid .opt models can now be theoretically replaced with moons and planets and perhaps nav buoys ... things that rotate in space, even if placed far away for esthetics. Thanks to Jeremy's recent tool(s). Have ideas for TFTC. :-)
In theory, it would be able to create a debris field, correct?

DTM

Post by DTM » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:45 pm

Jaeven wrote:I'm guessing the Diplomatic Cruiser will be involved in your Rebels Campaign? Wonder who the Empire would let have a ship of that size with that armament.
My tale of the Princess Star Class Diplomatic Heavy Cruiser

Two thousand years before the Clone Wars and the fall of the Republic, the Galactic Senate ordered the construction of a starship, which could host the entire assembly outside the planet Coruscant. The project involved the construction of a disc-shaped vessel, called "The Round Table"; it was a spaceship protected by powerful shields, but completely disarmed, able to move quickly along the known hyperspace routes. Despite the good defensive characteristics of the "Round Table", it soon became clear that it was weak in dealing with territorial disputes.

The commission charged by the Senate voted for the replacement of the "Round Table" with a vessel of different conception, able to face extreme diplomatic situations, including self-defense and counterattack.

The task of designing and building two prototypes of the new vessel was entrusted to the mysterious and elegant Diathim people. The same shield and propulsion technology as the "Round Table" was used for the construction, but powerful turbolasers and defensive ion guns were added.

Princess Irene, the first ship built by the Diathim, was the diplomatic ship par excellence: the Senate could send it on mission in the most dangerous areas of the galaxy. This vessel was the transport of the Jedi, assisted by the most influential political personalities. Princess Irene was often used as the site of important galactic summits, where the fate of the conflict was discussed.

A thousand years before the Clone Wars, Princess Irene disappeared on a mission. The ship's research lasted for decades, but without results.

Shortly before the Clone Wars, during the invasion of the Naboo planet by the Federation of Commerce, the Gungan settlements searching led to the discovery of the Princess Irene, buried under the dense vegetation of the planet. At the end of the crisis, the government of Naboo commissioned the restoration of the interior of the ship. This citadel surrounded by nature, became the headquarters of the renewed diplomatic and cultural meetings between the Naboo and the Gungan people, and a museum dedicated to the coexistence of all the different species.

When Palpatine proclaimed himself Emperor, Princess Irene was taken off by a group of Jedi, who left the planet to take refuge in the Romin territories.

The second of the two ships, called Princess Aurora, was based at Coruscant two thousand years before the Clone Wars. It was an emergency vessel, berthed in the vicinity of the Senate, and used in case of planetary evacuation. In fifteen centuries the Princess Aurora, always modernized with the latest technologies available, sailed twenty-two times, always succeeding in bringing the Senators to safety, to guarantee the continuity of government to the galaxy, even in the most difficult moments.

In the last centuries of the Republic, Princess Aurora was increasingly used as the personal ship of the Chancellor. In the absence of an army, Princess Aurora could guarantee safe transport, even without the help of the Jedi. After the founding of Clones army, Princess Aurora lost this role, remaining confined to Coruscant, without taking part in the battles against the Separatist army.

After the proclamation of the Empire, Palpatine ordered the destruction of the vessel, considered a symbol of a decadent era. Unexpectedly, the Senate managed to save it, proclaiming it the symbol of the independence of the Galaxy from the Jedi order. Palpatine was forced to accept the will of the Senate, assigning to the Princess Aurora miserable consular assignaments. In fact, the vessel remained unused for years on the surface of the planet, misjudged by the ranks of the Imperial Navy and secretly hated by the Emperor himself. Some senators wanted to keep it always efficient, in case there was the opportunity to undertake a diplomatic mission not appreciated by the Emperor.

Drinkinmiester
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Drinkinmiester » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:01 pm

cool, do you have a background for the pursuit cruiser? Also, what size is it? It's hard to tell from the pictures...

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:47 pm

Boring question is boring, but what slots do you anticipate replacing?

I was going to start messing around with tweaking my list what with Jeremy's latest hook, but if this is releasing within the next week or so I don't want to monkey around before installing it and having to tweak stuff again.

CIDlord_1973
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by CIDlord_1973 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:54 am

Yeah !!
I was waiting for thissssss.
Gonna fly the u-wing, a-wing and the ghost so much...that my Harley gonna be jaleous !!
^^
I saw at the trailer a smoke effect behind a cruiser...pretty cool !!!
Can't wait for it !!

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:01 am

Jaeven, a debris field... yes. Another good idea.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

ANDREW L
Rebel Alliance

Post by ANDREW L » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:17 pm

I apologize if this has already been answered but have you guys figured out how to add more ships with turrets like the Falcon? I know a long time ago it was though only ships in the same slot could do it same with S-Foils but recently you guys figured out how to get S-Foils to work on more ships and wasn't sure if you guys also cracked it for turrets. Just thinking for the Ghost.
<A HREF="http://jkdf2.net/jklex/" TARGET=_blank>JKLE</A><P>One of the last active JK and MotS clan<P><I>Legends return one last time</I>

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:01 pm

You can set the turrets with MXvTED (Cockpit tab).
Then you can customize the turret with xwa_hook_mission_objects (see the Hooks thread in the Editing section).

Code: Select all

FlightModels\CORELLIANTRANSPORTGUNNER.OPT = FlightModels\MyCustomGunner.opt

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:15 am

JeremyaFr wrote:You can set the turrets with MXvTED (Cockpit tab).
Then you can customize the turret with xwa_hook_mission_objects (see the Hooks thread in the Editing section).

FlightModelsCORELLIANTRANSPORTGUNNER.OPT = FlightModelsMyCustomGunner.opt
That doesn't seem to do anything unfortunately. On a ship that isn't in slots 58, 59, or 65, the player controlled turret function doesn't work beyond enabling auto-fire, you can't enter the turret by pressing G. Much like S-foils, it seems slot specific.

Though I would imagine say replacing the ship in one of the slots mentioned above using FlightModels MilleniumFalcon2.OPT = FlightModelsGhost.opt would work, provided the stats were appropriately similar performance wise.

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:11 am

Last edited by Bman on Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:16 pm

Corrann Horn wrote:That doesn't seem to do anything unfortunately. On a ship that isn't in slots 58, 59, or 65, the player controlled turret function doesn't work beyond enabling auto-fire, you can't enter the turret by pressing G. Much like S-foils, it seems slot specific.
You're right.
But I've found the function that defines which ships have turrets (L00501D90). I will see wether the filter can be removed, so that any craft could have working turrets.

For example, if you set the following exe edit (in addition to enabling turret with MXvTED), then the player ship will have a single turret.

At offset 101208, replace 0F8495000000 with 90E995000000.
This edit is only an example. It is incomplete and disable the second turret of the Corellian transport.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:52 pm

Your going to come up with another Hook aren't you Jeremy????

My bad timing, I've just complied the XWAUCPv1.5 and DSUCPv2.5 to be released tomorrow Friday 12th :kopfwand: :D
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:46 pm

I've added the hook that enables turrets to any craft to xwa_hook_misssion_objects.

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:15 pm

goddamn it!

You did it!
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

DTM

Post by DTM » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:17 pm

I have uploaded on my site 3 new planetary shipsets: Alderaan , Lothal and Cloud City.
You may find them in the PLANETS section.
Every shipset has been renewed, and now comes with its own single mission:

THE LAST DAY OF ALDERAAN (Alderaan)
STRIKE THE DEFENDERS (Lothal)
FIGHTER SWEEP AT CLOUD CITY (Bespin)

Thank to Jeremya's hook, now it's possible to play the missions without altering the exe file! You only need to follow the instructions in the readme file: it is very simple, just paste the files in the right folders. Only remember to make a copy of your "missions.lst" file!!!!

More planets will come. Have fun!!! :D

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:33 am

Neat.

I'm still on the fence about not editing the exe in some ways, on the other hand I'm still working on figuring out a happy medium and come up with a system that will have consistent stats/visual ingame, but utilize Jeremy's hook(s) to the fullest.

I'm interested to see what you came up with, because my biggest hangup at the moment is the ingame mission text for craft(s) relative to what's actually visually present ship wise. IE A/W = Droid Fighter.

Nice site overhaul, it's a little more sleek, though the buttons to go left/right though the available starships could use a little text flavor there, it wasn't super intuitive to find, at first I honestly thought that you got rid of a bunch of stuff :P