Skystrike Academy Station

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Skystrike Academy Station

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:52 am

star-wars-rebels-antilles-extraction-skystrike-academy-02.jpg
*Screencapture from Rebels TV series (Too Tired to set up a scene ingame tonight)

The Skystrike Academy also known as Skystrike Flight Academy was an elite flight academy—located in the atmosphere of Montross—that was part of the Galactic Empire's military training program. Some time before the Battle of Yavin, Imperial cadets Wedge Antilles and Hobbie defected from the Academy, with help from Sabine Wren, to join the early rebellion against the Empire.
Download
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:26 am

Fantastic work as per se, especially appreciate the Hangar opt for it. Will be fun to stage some missions from this base.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:41 am

Great! Now when you encounter a TIE Fighter with Top Ace AI, you know where the pilot came from.
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:21 pm

Y'know, having played with this opt, I never quite realized just how many hangars it has. Amazing.

Out of curiosity, do you plan to convert more of Warb Null's models? I took a look at his drive, and its quite the gem of models from all different eras.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:38 pm

Nice. :thumbs:

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:39 pm

Jaeven wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:21 pm
Y'know, having played with this opt, I never quite realized just how many hangars it has. Amazing.

Out of curiosity, do you plan to convert more of Warb Null's models? I took a look at his drive, and its quite the gem of models from all different eras.
Some, but not necessarily all. If you have something you'd like ported I'm not planning on feel free you ask and I'll see what (when) I can do.

I'm not really interested in the kotor ones necessarily, or most of the clone wars ones.

Alternatively if anybody wants objs to convert port their own versions, I have a program that can do .alo files, otherwise the only other option is if you have a 3ds max licence, there's a plugin for that.

I have two gozanti variants in the works, gauntlet fighter base opt (need someone to do the sfoils) done, and the pelta frigate is in line after something I'm working with DTM on.

I'm probably going to do the Finalizer for the next big imperial ship. Oppressor or vt49 as the next smaller craft.

Generally speaking I'm mostly interested in GCW-pre TFA era

XDragon
Cadet 1st Class

Post by XDragon » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:24 pm

Fantastic work. I don't know how you're churning these outs so quickly but I love it.

Hope the Decimator is your next opt....
Founder of Z3R0 (Zero Command)
https://xdragon2688.wixsite.com/z3ro/

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:06 pm

Driftwood wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:39 pm
Jaeven wrote:

Some, but not necessarily all. If you have something you'd like ported I'm not planning on feel free you ask and I'll see what (when) I can do.

I'm not really interested in the kotor ones necessarily, or most of the clone wars ones.

Alternatively if anybody wants objs to convert port their own versions, I have a program that can do .alo files, otherwise the only other option is if you have a 3ds max licence, there's a plugin for that.

I have two gozanti variants in the works, gauntlet fighter base opt (need someone to do the sfoils) done, and the pelta frigate is in line after something I'm working with DTM on.

I'm probably going to do the Finalizer for the next big imperial ship. Oppressor or vt49 as the next smaller craft.

Very understandable given how many ships there are ;)

I also think I know what you two are working on, and I look forward to see if I'm right :D

But finally, the one part I must address:
I'm probably going to do the Finalizer for the next big imperial ship
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :D

Drinkinmiester
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Drinkinmiester » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:14 pm

Driftwood wrote:
Jaeven wrote:

Sounds great, what program do you use to convert the alo? there are a lot of ships I'd like to see in game and now with the hooks the sky is pretty much the limit1

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:24 am

Hi Drinkinmiester, any way you can port over free "fan-made" custom figures like Imperial--officers, commandos, technicians, hangar crews, AT-AT pilots, etc. ? Even Rebel Alliance side. Looking for objects/things that could be used as hangar objects. I found a site of fan made JK models, but not sure how to port those over into .3ds and eventually into Jeremy's editor. Just thought I'd ask. Thanks
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:45 am

I have access to (almost all of the) SWG model components Bman, and plan on working up hangar prop figures and could probably get them out of EAW too if I had to (given it's staying within the LA licensing sphere I can probably justify the action but I hesitate since you can still buy the game unlike SWG). It's a low priority, but it's on my todo list to get character models set up for the hangars, or use in exterior models. I already have the imperial pilot files converted, and the rebel pilot files, hence the Imperial Ace pilot in the TIE Aggressor cockpit, and the Rebel Ace in the Nova Courier cockpit.

What I'd like to do is to update the XWAU versions of the various pilots with the SWG models at some point since they're more detailed, and the closed face helmeted rebel pilot seems more fitting than open faced.

I use 3d object converter to do the .ALO files (because I can't afford 3dsmax). It's like 50 bucks 1x fee for a license vs 180/month for 3dsmax. Free version deletes every 5th face per model as the main limitation, so it's worth the investment otherwise you have to fill gaps and re-UV things, which frankly isn't worth the effort.

Drinkinmiester
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Drinkinmiester » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:23 pm

Driftwood wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:45 am

I use 3d object converter to do the .ALO files (because I can't afford 3dsmax). It's like 50 bucks 1x fee for a license vs 180/month for 3dsmax. Free version deletes every 5th face per model as the main limitation, so it's worth the investment otherwise you have to fill gaps and re-UV things, which frankly isn't worth the effort.
Thanks
Hmm, I tried the free version on an alo from an eaw mod and the program claimed to have sucessfully converted a model to 3ds but when I tried to import it into jeremy's opt editor nothing showed up. Could that deleting faces thing cause that? If so then I may have to consider the $50 version...

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:58 pm

No, it worked fine for me, but I'd convert to wavefront objects instead. Every 5th face was gone though as advertised.

So far the program has been worth the investment

Prime
XWAU Member

Post by Prime » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:49 pm

Driftwood wrote:
Jaeven wrote:

I'm not really sure what Warb Null's models are or if the drive is accessible, but is there an Ebon Hawk model? That is perhaps my favorite ship and would love to see it in XWA. Maybe I'll take a stab at learning how to turn it into an .opt.