Resurgent Class Star Destroyer

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Resurgent Class Star Destroyer

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:47 pm

Screenshot 2018-06-16 14.14.40.png
Screenshot 2018-06-16 14.07.35.png
Screenshot 2018-06-16 14.08.31.png
The Resurgent-class Star Destroyer, also known as the Resurgent-class Battlecruiser was an iconic model of battlecruiser and Star Destroyer built by Kuat-Entralla Engineering. It saw service in the First Order Navy during its conquest of the Unknown Regions after the signing of the Galactic Concordance. Based on the Imperial-class Star Destroyers of the Old Empire, it featured advanced weaponry, extreme size and represented the might of the emergent First Order throughout the galaxy.[1] It was still considered a new model by 34 ABY.

Almost twice the length of the Old Empire's Imperial-class Star Destroyers, the Resurgent-class Star Destroyer[9] (also known as Resurgent-class Battlecruiser[2]) was 2,915.81 meters in length, and emulated the dagger-shaped design of its former Imperial-class vessels. Eight Resurgent-class vessels could dock with a single Mega-class Star Dreadnought.[5]

Designed for advanced ship-to-ship combat capabilities, it served as a symbol of the First Order's power, inspiring awe in the Order's enemies and pride within its own ranks.[7] Improving on the design of Imperial Era vessels, the ship featured hull structural bracing in its midsection, as well as armored hull plating and a truss to support the bow's upper hull.[1]

Almost twice the length of the Old Empire's Imperial-class Star Destroyers, the Resurgent-class Star Destroyer[9] (also known as Resurgent-class Battlecruiser[2]) was 2,915.81 meters in length, and emulated the dagger-shaped design of its former Imperial-class vessels. Eight Resurgent-class vessels could dock with a single Mega-class Star Dreadnought.[5]

Designed for advanced ship-to-ship combat capabilities, it served as a symbol of the First Order's power, inspiring awe in the Order's enemies and pride within its own ranks.[7] Improving on the design of Imperial Era vessels, the ship featured hull structural bracing in its midsection, as well as armored hull plating and a truss to support the bow's upper hull.[1]

Resurgent-class Star Destroyers[7] featured a complement of 19,000 officers and 55,000 enlisted personnel. In order to keep such a large ship in operation, starship crews were forced to work closely together and alternate each standard day into six four-hour-long shifts, divided among three crew sections. This would foster a strong sense of unity and team identity. Access to command systems and other areas of First Order vessels and installations were denied to enlisted personnel, requiring the proper coded rank cylinders worn by officers. With many young fleet officers having been trained aboard these new[7] battlecruisers[2] for their entire lives, most considered these warships as their homes.[7] Resurgent-class vessels featured a crew recreation area on the lower part of the midsection. Upper habitation levels near the primary command bridge were reserved for senior command staff. Special Forces personnel stationed on the ship utilized barracks near senior command domiciles. The ship's sick bay was located above the stormtrooper barracks in the bow section of the ship before the forward heavy turbolaser batteries.[1]

Resurgent-class vessels maintained a complement of over 8,000 stormtroopers (a full legion) who had access to a training complex below their barracks. While stormtroopers followed their own chain of command while aboard fleet vessels—with a captain of the guard serving as the ultimate authority over the troopers—during alerts stormtroopers were instructed to follow the orders of any officer regardless of branch of service. First Order Special Forces personnel were also stationed on the vessel. A TIE pilot training and briefing complex existed adjacent to the lateral port hangar, while engineering personnel habitation areas were located at the bottom of the ship, near the reactor core. The ship featured a detention center in its upper midsection, slightly closer to the bow of the vessel. Just like its predecessors, the Resurgent-class featured Rebaxan Columni MSE-6 series repair droids to serve as messenger, repair and custodial assistants.[1][7]

Featuring over 1,500 turbolasers and ion cannons,[2] Resurgent-class vessels were designed for orbital assaults and slugging matches with enemy ships. Powerful turbolaser batteries allowed for overloading enemy shields and punching through thick armor, along with orbital bombardments capable of reducing planetary surfaces to molten slag. Upgraded from Imperial Era turbolasers, the Resurgent-class delivered more firepower and had a faster recharge rate. Stemming from kyber focusing crystals harvested from a secret source deep in the Unknown Regions, other captains clamored for upgrades to their warships, only to be denied as military-grade crystals were in short supply. Only the most prestigious and important vessels were allowed this advanced weaponry, along with the Order's highest ranks.[1]

Smaller point-defense turrets and missile emplacements served as complements to the heavy weapons, being able to track and destroy smaller and more agile ships. Both starboard and port sides of the stern featured standard turbolaser batteries, while heavy turbolaser turrets and an axial defense turret were located at the bow. The ships turret firing control center was located at the aft, and was protected underneath the larger rear portion of the ship. Ion cannon targeting was located on the ship's port side near the front.[4] Multi-spectrum sensor towers were located near the primary command bridge, and aided in target acquisition.[1]

The ship's tractor beam projector was located at the very tip of the bow, while the flight deck deflector shield projector was located a short distance behind. The ship's main hull deflector shield projectors were located on both the port and starboard stern sections, while a single domed-shaped bridge deflector shield projector encased the command bridge and its occupants, aided by a bridge deflector augmenter further up the ship's keel line. A bridge point-defense turret also helped further defend the bridge from starfighter attack.[1]

Resurgent-class[7] Battlecruisers[2] typically carried two starfighter wings of both TIE/fo and TIE/sf space superiority fighters.[1]

The ship featured both lateral starboard and port hangar entrances, with hangar flight control bridges overseeing activities in both bays. Unlike former Imperial-class Star Destroyers, TIE fighters were brought in from storage deeper within the vessel from launching racks, from where they would exit into space. The main hangar was positioned on the vessel's underbelly, where a docking claw aided vessels in landing and departing. The logistics hangar reception bay and ground vehicle storage were located near the main hangar. Another lateral flight deck was located in the ship's bow, and was used as a staging area for full-scale invasion operations. Overall, the Resurgent-class could launch its full complement of starfighters and assault ships much quicker than its predecessors in the Imperial Navy.[1]

For ground assault a Resurgent-class Battlecruisers carriered 100 Atmospheric Assault Landers,[6] several speeders, many self propelled artillery piece, at least some ground troop transport, either Xi-class<[10] or Upsilon-class shuttle[6] depending on rank , more then 8,000 stormtroopers and one prefabricated ground base.[1]

The Resurgent-class was powered by a single, large III-a1a primary hypermatter-annihilation reactor housed within a dome-shaped reactor containment vessel on the ships underbelly. The massive reactor was supported by a reinforced reactor superstructure and hull chassis. The reactor engineering control deck oversaw reactor-based activities. The large atmospheric processing complex and reactant ducts were located behind the reactor containment vessel.[1]

The ship was propelled by eleven engines, with three large KDY Destroyer Ion Engines and eight smaller Gemon-8 ion engines.[4] These engines required a subsidiary reactor, reactant silos and isotope containment wells at the stern. There, extra power would be derived while the coolant silo and pumps would help lower the temperature of the massive engines. Around the large, circular engines were the main engine thrust nozzles, while the smaller engines would utilize secondary thrust nozzles to help bring greater control over the ship. The main engines were attached to magnetic turbines, along with an acceleration compensator. In a straight line and at full speed, the Resurgent-class could be faster than a TIE/fo space superiority fighter, however doing so would negate any maneuverability and require a staggering amount of counter-thrust to execute the slightest maneuver. Thus, only the most reckless commanders traded the ship's maneuverability for its speed.[8] The hyperdrive generator was located at the very end of the ship's aft section.[1]

Learning lessons from the loss of the Executor during the Battle of Endor, the Resurgent-class featured a better protected command bridge along with increased redundancy in command and control systems. No longer having the exposed conning towers of older Imperial Era vessels, bridge height was reduced significantly. In addition, an emergency bridge was located in the ship's midsection, and was not exposed but built into the existing structure of the vessel. There, standby personnel would take control of the vessel's activities if the primary bridge were to be taken out of action.[1] Additionally, sunken data pits continued to be used following the designs from Clone Wars-era Jedi cruisers owing to their importance in denoting command hierarchy. Simplified bridge displays with limited colors further aided bridge crews disseminate large amounts of complicated data quicker than before.[7]
With the retreat of the Galactic Empire into the Unknown Regions following their defeat at the Battle of Jakku and the signing of the Galactic Concordance, the successor state known as the First Order rose to power, eventually ordering the construction of the new Resurgent-class Star Destroyers on recently constructed shipyards and secret facilities in the galaxy's vast frontier.[7][1] It would still be considered a new model shortly before the Battle of Starkiller Base.[8]

Taking inspiration from the Imperial-class Star Destroyers of the Old Empire, but lacking the resources to construct huge numbers of these capital ships, First Order designs would consciously emulate the psychological factor of the previous Imperial Era ships. The ship's bow, flight deck, side hangars, and prominent keel would share similarities to the Venator-class Star Destroyer, which reflected renewed appreciation among First Order tacticians for capital ships' role as carriers.[1]

Further improvements in a better protected bridge tower along with quicker fighter-combat reaction time, the Resurgent-class served as the mainstay of the First Order Navy, replacing the aging Imperial-class Star Destroyers in service.[1][8] Despite the size of the Resurgent-class, the Resistance's intelligence branch suspected that the First Order had even larger warships in development.[7]

General Armitage Hux and Kylo Ren used the Finalizer,[6] a Resurgent-class Star Destroyer 30 years after the Battle of Endor[7] in the search for Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, and launched the Attack on Tuanul from the command ship.[6]

Several Resurgent-class Star Destroyers, including the Finalizer as well as the Harbinger and Conqueror, also proceeded to participate in the attack on the Resistance fleet over D'Qar.[10][5] The Resistance during that time suspected that at least 30 Resurgent-class Star Destroyers were present among the First Order forces.[11]
Thanks to Warb Null for a great model and base texture to work with, DTM for updating the hull lighting textures, and Matt for his SD hangar models and textures.

This took the better part of two months work, and a lot of troubleshooting to get this model functional. Much thanks to Jeremyah updating his opt limit hook yet again to make this model possible to have in XWA.

Known bug: Requires assistance to fix, lasers only fire from one point of ship. (Profundity also suffers from this issue) do not know how to resolve.

Download
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:10 pm

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS! :D :D

Words cannot describe how much I was looking forward to this ship. As I mentioned in another thread a few days ago, the Resurgent has been my absolute favorite ship for the last few years.

So thank you so very much, Driftwood and everyone else who helped with this opt. It's absolutely outstanding.

I cannot wait to load up this opt and use it in the New Republic campaign I've been working on. Thank you so much! :gott:

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:35 am

Your stats are a bit low for the Resurgent, it's about double the length of an ISD but shield power and hull rate are way below that of and ISD, VSD, Valiant Cruiser, Acclamator Assault Ship, Trade Federation Cruiser or Dreadnaught

Most of the ships I've mentioned are at least half the length of the Resurgent, but are stronger in Shield and Hull,

I think you should be looking around

Shield Power = 9200
Hull Rate = 5500

Your speed is a bit high also at 28 mglt, I'd go with 15 mglt at the most

Not sure how to fix the laser problem, just a thought though, you tend to name your meshes as Default, instead of MainHull, as you experienced crashes previously, but hopefully Jeremy has fixed the problem you seem to be having, and since other craft have there meshes set as mainhull this might (BIG MIGHT :) ) b the cause I don't know?

Since all the craft shown in your images are your own, I assume most of them have there meshes set to Default

Try the same test but use different ships and see if you get the same results ie lasers firing from a single point. If not then try changing the mesh type on your craft.

Like I said it's just a thought and if I'm wrong then I apologise for wasting your time :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:06 pm

Darksaber wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:35 am
Your stats are a bit low for the Resurgent, it's about double the length of an ISD but shield power and hull rate are way below that of and ISD, VSD, Valiant Cruiser, Acclamator Assault Ship, Trade Federation Cruiser or Dreadnaught

Most of the ships I've mentioned are at least half the length of the Resurgent, but are stronger in Shield and Hull,
That's odd. The Resurgent I have installed has 24k Shields and 16k Hull

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:08 pm

It's a thought DS, it's worth testing at the very least, seeing as how the alternative is graphically unappealing if it can't be fixed.

One thing I did notice is that the stock cap ships tend to fire from the closest group of hardpoints to their target, but I didn't notice any clipping.

Also i started a thread on this issue under editing with screenshots.

I'll double check the stats, but I'm thinking it's a bad install for the .shp. in my game it can take out 3 MC75s and still be above 90% shields. One skirmish it took out mc80b, mc80a, and home one and only got down to 30% shields.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:28 pm

That's the stats of the craft it's replacing, = the Warhammer slot 189 if you kepts those the Resurgent would be WAYYYY overpowered

The stats in the shp file I had where

Shield Power = 1500
Hull Rate = 1089

The reason for my post

Just tried the shp file again and the stats are now

Shield Power = 24000
Hull Rate = 16496

Exactly the same as the previous craft as it's replacing (GT's Warhammer) looking at those stats also they are way overpowered too.

Prehaps Driftwood can shed a little light on what the stats should be

But my suggestion of

Shield Power = 9200
Hull Rate = 5500
Speed = 15
I personally think is about right
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:49 pm

Keep in mind the Resurgent is not only a bigger and more advanced Star Destroyer, but is also built a generation later and is enhanced with kyber crystals, so I don't think the the stats are that far off. It should be superior to most of the shis built during the OT.

Looking at the stats of the Home One, for instance, it has 31k Shields and 15k Hull. Now, personally I feel that seems a little bit over the top, but that's another discussion.

Still, I'd probably reduce the Resurgent's stats little bit. My suggestion is the following:

16k-18k Shields
7k Hull.

Agreed on the speed.

I think the problem is that we don't have any New Republic ships to compare it to. The MC90 is the only one, and given it has 8k shields and is around 20 years older and is not enhanced with kyber crystals, I feel between 16k-20k shields is not unreasonable for what is supposed to be the pinnacle of Star Destroyer design.

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:34 pm

Yeah, honestly it's tough since I'm unable to locate any real information on it beyond wikipedia sources. We don't have any real on-screen examples of what it's supposed to be capable of really, as I recall, or any other game either for that matter. Taking pot shots at a SF TIE in EP7 isn't really representative of it vs other capital ships.

ISD weapon count seems to be around 80 batteries. One wing of starfighers. (Opt has 119 hdpts)
The Resurgent has between 1500-3000 laser/ion batteries (conflicting info within same page sourcebook states 3000+). Two wings of starfighters. (Opt has 254 hdpts)

Heck, the ISD is rated at 60MGLT, and the Resurgent has zero reference to its speed capabilities. Neither have shield rating listed, which of course we can base the ISD's off of XWA's.

I'm debating:

12000 shields 200 rchg / 200 dchg
6000 hull
15Mglt

Speed wise though it seems the New Republic engine tech still has an advantage over the Empire since the Raddus was able to just barely outpace the Resurgent fleet and the new dreadnought class.

Essentially the stats roughly depict being 2x more durable and powerful than an ISD2. Which, is a fairly reasonable supposition based off of the size and description of the ship being designed for redundancy in design for the intention of brawling it out with capital ships.

Recently I've come to the conclusion that the ISD while capable of beating most non-imperial craft into submission, essentially depends on stand off tactics due to the bulk of its weaponry being designed to fire from the fore at maximum range.

The RSD while following the same overall design, seems to favor broadsides.

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:43 pm

Ugh, apparently setting the meshes to main hull still crashes the game.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:26 pm

Hello,
The game crashes because the opt has too many hardpoints.
The hardpoint count limit is 256 or 128 if the hardpoint mirroring is enabled.
The hardpoint mirroring is enabled for this opt.

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:46 pm

So as is, why do the meshes that are not classified as sub components, but instead left as default, not crash the game? Even with the mirrored hardpoint exceeding the limit?

And more perplexingly, then the other question is why do the raider, gozantis, and imperial cargo transport require to have non sub components listed as default rather than main hull, or else they crash the game, even though they have far below the maximum hardpoint limit?

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:30 am

I'm not sure its the hardpoints. As I said in another thread, I played around and reduced them to 128, but the opt still crashes for me after a while. When I let it try to duke it out with a MC80 Liberty, the Resurgent manages to pound the cruiser down to around 70-50 % shields before the game crashes.

Oddly enough, when I just use the Resurgent as a prop, a few km away with the holding steady order, the game is fine.

keiranhalcyon7
Lieutenant JG

Post by keiranhalcyon7 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:15 am

Does the mesh type affect the way impact decals (or maybe that "hull beach" particle effect) are applied? Sounds like some type of buffer of combat-resultant objects is overunning.

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:32 am

It shouldn't be crashing if you have the latest opt limit hook installed as is. The ship never crashes for me in unless I change the hull from default to main hull. I haven't had time to reduce the hardpoints yet though.

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:09 am

Alright, Jaeven has updated the opt while I was at work today. I've gone ahead and uploaded his changes to the hardpoints.

Opt has had hardpoints reduced to 128 to fix the weapon bug.
The .shp has also been updated with possibly more balanced stats.

Everything should work fine if you have the latest opt mesh limit hook installed if it crashes still, make sure your hooks are up to date.

Please report any further issues, and suggestions for additional quality of life improvements.

Next version, when I have time, will include hangar model(s) based off of the ISD's. Unless somebody wants to model a screen accurate one in the meantime. (I don't)

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:49 am

Sorry but the *.shp file hasn't been updated the date is still 31 March 2018
- John Lydgate

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:46 pm

I'm noticing a trend regarding .shp files not updating correctly. To resolve this I've just started re-saving them from scratch.

.Shp has been re-uploaded to the .rar

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:48 pm

Driftwood wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:46 pm
I'm noticing a trend regarding .shp files not updating correctly. To resolve this I've just started re-saving them from scratch.
From that statement it reads as though you think the *.shp files are automatically updated when you click "Write" :lachtot: :lachtot:

You can't honestly think that do you?

Joking apart if you want a *.shp updating you have to resave it :D
- John Lydgate

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:54 pm

No, I usually hit save as in MXvTED after editing and writing to .exe, but incidentally I had to do it twice on this .shp to stick. I don't know if it's a glitch, or what. My G500s is double clicking a bunch, so I dunno.

Perhaps I clicked save, instead of save as, and it didn't write.