Handful of Voices Needed for Fan Film

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Handful of Voices Needed for Fan Film

Kilroy
Rebel Alliance

Post by Kilroy » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:37 am

Hello all, I am currently in the process of finishing up a short fan film done roughly in the style of the X-Wing games. It's very simple and straightforward. A lot of lasers and 'splosions. However, I feel it would really work best with a handful of actual human beings conversing as this goes on. I am currently in need of 3-5 persons willing to provide a few lines of dialogue to make the short feel more complete. I'm not looking for professionals as this is just a fun little project.

At the moment I have the majority of the short completed sans vocals. Those wishing for a look at the full work in progress may do so at the link below!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soqzE2y ... e=youtu.be

The script is currently uploaded to google drives and is viewable to all here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uAp ... 3bMPQ/edit

Credits:
VFX: Ian Farrelly, Glenn Campbell
Music: John Williams, Filip Oleyka,Peter McConnel

Feel free to join us via Discord! https://discord.gg/wgr9A4w

Submissions should be in the mp3, wav, or wma formats to ensure usability.
Email will be provided to those who apply!

Camerad
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Camerad » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:39 am

That's excellent. It's one of the best Star Wars space battle videos I ever saw. Good luck completing the video.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, i7-10700KF, 64GB 3200MHz DDR4, Geforce RTX 2080 Super 8GB

Oldcode
Rebel Alliance

Post by Oldcode » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:08 am

Hey, that's really cool! :D

I do 3D animated movies myself and I know how hard it can be to get good voice talent. I can do variety of accents and charactatures (sp?). I can do a killer Yoda! (Yeah, Yeah, I know, who can't?)

I have a half decent microphone so if you need me, please let me know.

Griffin
Lieutenant JG

Post by Griffin » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:24 am

I watched the video, and am happy to lend a voice (or two or three...).

Kilroy
Rebel Alliance

Post by Kilroy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:24 am

Griffin wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:24 am
I watched the video, and am happy to lend a voice (or two or three...).
Oldcode wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:08 am
Hey, that's really cool! :D

I do 3D animated movies myself and I know how hard it can be to get good voice talent. I can do variety of accents and charactatures (sp?). I can do a killer Yoda! (Yeah, Yeah, I know, who can't?)

I have a half decent microphone so if you need me, please let me know.
Everyone is welcome! As of yet I haven't gotten any particular role filled so they are all still open. The only exception is one of the Blue pilots, but I'd happily record another role for myself if someone is interested in that particular one.

Have fun with whatever accent/voice you think works best or is amusing. I don't take these projects terribly seriously.

Kilroy
Rebel Alliance

Post by Kilroy » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:40 am

Just a heads up that I'll be closing the opportunity for voice actors this Monday, be sure to let me know or send in some lines if you're interested before then!

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:54 am

Superb video!
Pure battle!

Disney should make this Canon ASAP.

Oldcode
Rebel Alliance

Post by Oldcode » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:58 pm

Hey Kilrov,

I can't seem to log onto Discord right now. Not sure why. I have before. I'll send you my email in a private message so you can send me the script or instructions of what ever else you want me to do.

Kilroy
Rebel Alliance

Post by Kilroy » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:11 pm

Yeah discord has been getting weird about that. I had to send their staff an email directly to get them to enable my account again.

Kilroy
Rebel Alliance

Post by Kilroy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:25 am

I'm going to start editing tonight, so please be sure to send me any voice files soon if you wish to be included!