Imperial Outpost Release

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Imperial Outpost Release

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:17 am

ImperialOutpost.png
Download

I really don't have any flavor text for this. There really isn't any info I've been able to find on the wiki sites. This station was not dockable in SWG, and I do not recall any information other than it existed and TIE fighters spawned around it from when I played SWG before the game got permanently shut down.

I have provided hangar related files and made it dockable. I think it'll replace one of the five freed up PLT slots using my XWA vanilla campaign fix using Jeremya's craft replacer hook. I personally loaded it into slot 4, and utilized the default station stats. Download

I still need to update the descriptions for the craft, but in the meantime enjoy. Part of the reason for this early upload and announcement is that I'd like a few suggestions for the ingame information.

The top pad is where the player docks/undocks, the bottom pad theoretically can be used to either dock larger ships or park containers. There are hardpoints for each of the lower pads to facilitate this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DTM
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by DTM » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:23 pm

Very very nice! It's look like part of a modular station: it could be assambled like a tube...

Oldcode
Rebel Alliance

Post by Oldcode » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:28 pm

That's really cool! Thank you for releasing it! :D

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:03 pm

Nice

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:57 am

Neat.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Marcos_Edson
XWAU Member

Post by Marcos_Edson » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:43 pm

Interesting design! Remind me some stations from the old Elite games!
SETI
"There can be only one..."
"I'm an otaku! Have a problem with that?"

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:16 pm

Very nice design!
Driftwood wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:17 am
I think it'll replace one of the five freed up PLT slots using my XWA vanilla campaign fix using Jeremya's craft replacer hook. I personally loaded it into slot 4, and utilized the default station stats.
Might be a crazy suggestion, but what about replacing Imperial Platforms (PLTs) in B1M4 and B3M6 with this one, even if the design is different?

Something similar has been done in the past with the new model of the Imperial Research Center by DTM.

Just a strange idea...

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:50 am

It's not a bad idea, it's just not an XWAUP model or an XQ series station. Unlike the rebel platform, or DTMs version of the research station there isn't really an equivalent I dont think if you're suggesting for inclusion for official support here perse.

Obviously if you'd play with it patched in on your own volition or say in a total conversion that would be integrated to the campaign I don't see why not.