Eta-5 Interceptor Artwork

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Eta-5 Interceptor Artwork

FellSkyhawk
Cadet 1st Class

Post by FellSkyhawk » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:34 am

I've been working on for a few years now my own version of the Eta-5 from the original EU canon. Sadly I lost access to some of the better modelling programs I had, but I recently got access to Illustrator so I took my drawings and made a 2d top view schematic wanted to share with the community here.

Would appreciate thoughts.
\/'
(>{}{}{]}H[]{=======Fell Skyhawk==========-

Never give up on a friend, never surrender to an enemy.

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:38 pm

No image there.
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

Jaeven
XWAU Member

Post by Jaeven » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:56 pm

That ship looks absolutely amazing.

DTM
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by DTM » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:08 pm

ETA-5 should have two ion engines (TIE). In your draws the engines are those of the A-Wing. Ion engines are more compact, and do not have a cylindrical shape.
I think you should reconsider the back section of the fusolage...something more similar with this

I like rour front and your cockpit section!

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:37 pm

Damn it, I just realized why I don't see the picture, I have an add-on that block facebook sniffing
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

FellSkyhawk
Cadet 1st Class

Post by FellSkyhawk » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:45 am

DTM wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:08 pm
ETA-5 should have two ion engines (TIE). In your draws the engines are those of the A-Wing. Ion engines are more compact, and do not have a cylindrical shape.
I think you should reconsider the back section of the fusolage...something more similar with this

I like rour front and your cockpit section!
You're right about the ion engines, but it also says it has the profile of the A-wing, and without those it kinda doesn't have the profile. That said, if I had the rear view the design has the ion engines in the center of those cylinders and the rest of that is either fuel tank or... actually haven't thought of other possibilities. I could shrink them a little bit though, but I'm trying to keep it true to the profile, as per the description. I'll try to incorporate that though, you're a great modeler and your feedback rates high in my opinion. Just not sure yet entirely how to do that and yet keep the cylinder profile which is key in the look of the A-wing.
\/'

FellSkyhawk
Cadet 1st Class

Post by FellSkyhawk » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:20 am

I did a rear of the engines, where they have same top view profile but they aren't cylinders anymore to fit more with ion engine designs.
\/'