Wow!

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Wow!

WildstarBlue9
Lieutenant Commander

Post by WildstarBlue9 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:51 am

I have not been here in many a year, but I can certainly say the team is outdoing themselves. I used to be the news guy here (reporting on what you were doing to the rest of the Star Wars community), and that has carried over to my real-life pursuits, particularly bowling, but now also including a couple of projects in my hometown. I use the social media for a lot of it, particularly Facebook, so if the XWAUP has a presence there, LMK. If you'd like one, I can definitely help. Forceflow can PM me, and GT knows where I am on Facebook. :D

*salute*
Wildstar, Red 2 (XO) (Ret.)

Not the Wildstar that authored IMCGen.

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:38 pm

Hey there! Good to see you back!

As far as a FB presence is concerned, I've been thinking about it every now and then, though never pursued the idea too intensely, given the effort involved in staying up to date.

Then there's, of course, the shadow of the corporate boot looming over us and just waiting to stomp on everything we strive to achieve here. Being present on FB would surely gain us more attention. I'm just not sure if it's the attention we want ....

I can only speak for myself here.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

WildstarBlue9
Lieutenant Commander

Post by WildstarBlue9 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:40 pm

I copy, sir. My second thought was you guys would have already done it if you wanted to.

I'll think of a good time to post an update in the "Happy" thread later. I've been used to calling the post/comment FB mechanic "threads" b/c of my previous experience with web forums. :)
Last edited by WildstarBlue9 on Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wildstar, Red 2 (XO) (Ret.)

Not the Wildstar that authored IMCGen.

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:33 am

General_Trageton wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:38 pm
Then there's, of course, the shadow of the corporate boot looming over us and just waiting to stomp on everything we strive to achieve here. Being present on FB would surely gain us more attention. I'm just not sure if it's the attention we want ....
I'm of this mind also, risk seems low but at the same time people have been C&D'd for less than modding a 20 year old game, especially if they perceive the VR component to overshadow BF2's current "Virtual Reality" scenarios that could pose better and/or a risk to future sales. That would be my primary concern.

Welcome back Wildblue.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:41 pm

I kinda feel like a discord specifically for the forums would be a thing we should consider for more direct in real time collaboration, however I'd be afraid the wealth of searchable knowledge on the forums would diminish if we didn't have some sort of moderation/documentation policy to keep stuff visible and alive on the forums. As it it now, many of us who do collaborate do so privately via discord already, at least I do with several ppl.
Image Image Image Image Image