Pirate Y-wing custom

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Pirate Y-wing custom

Red_Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Red_Leader » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:58 pm

Looks like the collectors forum was removed so I guess this is the best place to post here.

Big thanks to everyone here with the newest update. I really liked the new Pirate Y-wing with the red/black paint job, I ended up repainting one of my spare Action Fleet Y-wings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles
https://www.freewebs.com/redleaderxwa/

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:50 am

That's a cool thing. Sure @Spyder will love it :)
Aren't Action Fleet a little rare now for doing customs? Loved them
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Spyder
XWAU Member

Post by Spyder » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:14 am

:2thumbs: Awesome!
I miss the action fleet series.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:07 pm

Looks good.
Image Image Image Image Image

ZanElJOK
Rebel Alliance

Post by ZanElJOK » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:52 am

I still have my action fleet on my desk. It is shame they didn't bring it back for the newer movies. But then I wouldn't have space to show them all off. Never could find that T/D. I definately don't have Red Leader's artistic talent.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
May the Force be with you all.

John85
Cadet 4th Class

Post by John85 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:05 pm

If Disney really wanted money they'd re-release this series. Someone has the molds somewhere. Yeah they are rare (and the plastic is getting fragile after 25 years...wow that makes me feel old)

Red_Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Red_Leader » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:46 am

Thanks everyone.

@Ace Antilles Action Fleets are starting to creep up in price. I'm glad I completed my collection 2 years ago. Working from home the past year I've had a lot of time on my hands so I've been doing customs. If I want to do a custom I'll look for a good deal. I actually got that Y-wing on ebay for under 10 bucks, but only because the seller didn't label it as "Action Fleet" or even "Micro Machines" so that's probably why it went under the radar. I think in the past year I've done close to 20 customs, give or take. I even made my own TIE Experimentals - some parts I had a seller on Shapeways who was more than kind enough to 3D print me the parts I needed.

@Spyder That Pirate Y-wing was really sharp and the first time I saw it I knew I had to do it.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles
https://www.freewebs.com/redleaderxwa/

theonegalen
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by theonegalen » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:48 pm

Hey, Action Fleet!

I wish I still had mine, but they stayed behind in a box at my mom's house when I moved out, and only God and the Force know where they are now.