Can I go back to the default joystick configurator?

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Can I go back to the default joystick configurator?

thegr8rambino
Cadet 4th Class

Post by thegr8rambino » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:30 am

I really don't like the new Joystick configurator in the latest XWA Upgrade, I prefer the one that came with the game, when I push a button on my controller it doesn't tell me which button it is so I have to guess and it's really just a pain. Is it possible to uninstall or not install just that part? Thank you!

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:49 pm

Hello,
You can disable the joystick hook by renaming "Hook_Joystick_Ff.dll" with a different extension. For exemple, you can rename it to "Hook_Joystick_Ff.dll_".

jmarso
Cadet 1st Class

Post by jmarso » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:47 pm

I didn't love it at first, but I kind of do now. I highly recommend backing up your joystick config file once you have it where you like it, because one thing about the configurator is that it'll wipe out a lot of button-programming effort with a single wrong button push and then AUTOMATICALLY save it if you exit the program. It's a great tool but could use a little polish, in my humble, non-coding opinion.

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:01 pm

OK guys, we now have 2 threads created by the same guy about the same thing in 2 different forums. I'm going to close this one now, please continue in the Help Channel.

@thegr8rambino please don't start a second topic if you realize the first is in the wrong forum. A moderator will take care of this eventually.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear