Difficult Level

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Difficult Level

johncee
Recruit

Post by johncee » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:52 pm

Hi Guys,
i dont know if this was asked before, but has the difficult level increased with the last update? I am not that skilled as a pilot but even on the easy level it gets partly real hard to play for me. Does anyone else noticed that?

Porkins_BB
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Porkins_BB » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:51 pm

I believe it has. I noticed a few things in the combat sim:

- Corvettes. I used to be able to take them out single handed fairly easy, didn't matter what I was flying. I tried it with X-wing and in a span of 5 minutes I was destroyed 17 times and only took the vette's shields down to about 70%. The amount of firepower and speed coming from the ship was insane. It also could track and lead me with deadly accuracy.

- 1 vs 5 tie Fighters. Again, used to be no problem. If you kept the ties off the side of your FOV they would not hit you. I could take on 4-6 Ties by myself with no issue. I had them on ACE level, but those guys tore me up. I got a few of them, but after I got one or two, the rest would shred me in seconds. I could not out maneuver them or keep them out of their line of attack. I was in an X-wing.

I'm still rolling through the campaign, but thats all I've noticed so far. Simulator mostly. The Campaign seems fairly normal to me.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:02 pm

The XWAU hasn't made anything harder. In fact we have tried hard recently to make sure things are balanced and working correctly as they should.
We've reduced lasers in ships like the ISD and others to match the original game so ships aren't overpowered. Also balanced missions that were wrong.

I think the main difference is possibly the frame rate. Now the game works at much higher FPS so reaction times probably need to be a lot faster than they were.
There's not much we can do to make the game easier short of nerfing all the missions and ships. That's what Easy modes are for though
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost