Eclipse Super Star Destroyer

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Eclipse Super Star Destroyer

Marco Antonio
XWAU Member

Post by Marco Antonio » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:36 pm

I think that I already have posted images of this model in a topic a time ago, but I was not able to find it, therefore I am opening a new one.<P>I´m messing around with this model has some time.<BR>I started it largely based in the original designs of the comic book. Some tweks I made based in the EGVV schematics, like the gravity weel projectors locations and overall profile.<BR>Some thing in these schematics I disagreed, like the engine layout, only seen in the lateral view, wich I think is strange, and the front pillon, wich I don´t think is the comic design autor´s intention to be inclined, but straight. I attribute this impression of a inclined pillon to a wrong interpretation of the first image of the ship in the comic. Other views, to me, show a pillon clearly straight, and I don´t think is logical to these structure be inclined.<BR>Well, basicaly, these are the results of my design:<P> Image <P> Image <P> Image <P> Image <P> Image <P> Image <P> Image <P> Image <P><BR>As the EGVV schematics are not so good, and some curves show in the comic book ilustrations are impossible to achieve in 3D keeping the ship caracteristics in all views, i think the model is acurate as possible.<p>[ 12 June 2007: Message edited by: Marco Antonio ]
my WIP:
Derylin Platform - Modelling-100% Mapping-10%

Marco Antonio
XWAU Member

Post by Marco Antonio » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:37 pm

Now, there are issued a new design in the New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, with a engine layout trying to mach the lateral view of the schematic of the EGVV.<BR>To me, the result are very ugly, I really don´t like and I am tempted to ignore it and maintain my layout.<BR>What you guys think?<P> Image <P><BR>Some other views:<P> Image <P> Image <P> Image <P> Image <P> Image <P>And sorry for my bad english!!
my WIP:

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:50 pm

Holy frickin' soda Batman!<P>I knew you had something nasty up your sleeves! <P>Amazing, Marco! Can't wait to see this baby take on the Dominane! :D
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Will T
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:17 pm

That is absolutely fantastic, though I don't envy the job of texturing it.<P>I also totally agree with you on the engines, the NEGVV arrangement is just horrible, it should have at least as many as the Executor. <P>So in short, beautiful!
Formerly known as The 95 Headhunter

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:34 pm

*cant say any word since its too beautifull*
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

Tony Knightcrawler
Commander

Post by Tony Knightcrawler » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:37 pm

Very nice. :) If you didn't know this, the ship is much more visible in the recently-released Force Commander. Of course, the more source material you have, the more discrepancies pop up... :-/ *Rams stuff with the Eclipse :)*

Marco Antonio
XWAU Member

Post by Marco Antonio » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:09 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tony Knightcrawler:<BR><STRONG>Of course, the more source material you have, the more discrepancies pop up...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Indeed!<P>Anyone have some pics fo the one in Force Commander?
my WIP:

OOM-911
Ensign

Post by OOM-911 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:40 pm

You mean Empire at War Forces of Corruption? if so i can get a few.<P>warlords also has one model of it.<P>Note:<BR>the forces of corruption 1 fallows the 6 engine design while the warlords one fallows another custom engine design<P>Dang Nice Man!<P>oh crap now i got to get a superlaser working in the next laser speed mod.<p>[ 13 June 2007: Message edited by: OOM-911 ]

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:21 am

Er, yeah. In my opinion you should stick to the engine layout you already have in place.<P>The 'official' design is not only ugly, but it doesn't look like it'd be remotely capable of propelling such a large vessel.<P>(Ignore newtonian laws of physics :p )

Dragon
XWAU Member

Post by Dragon » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:29 am

Wow! :D
Every story has four sides to it: yours, the others, the truth and what really happend.
"You have failed me for the last time, Admiral."

Tony Knightcrawler
Commander

Post by Tony Knightcrawler » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:23 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marco Antonio:<BR><STRONG>Indeed!<P>Anyone have some pics fo the one in Force Commander?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hmmm... Well drat, I can't seem to find my save games. I'll have to go over to my other Windows to do that. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow. Or does anybody know where they are located and what they are called?<p>[ 13 June 2007: Message edited by: Tony Knightcrawler ]

Bunita Ronin
Galactic Empire

Post by Bunita Ronin » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:56 am

:)<P>I prefer the many-engined design to the one with 6... the one with 6 just looks empty behind it, and doesn't really look like it could move faster then MAYBE a very slow crawl. Not like the Eclipse can go faster then a slow crawl anyway, but you know what I mean :p

Leofus
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Leofus » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:38 am

Wouldn't it reduce the number of surfaces to have fewer engines?

skywalker
Cadet 4th Class

Post by skywalker » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:41 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leofus:<BR><STRONG>Wouldn't it reduce the number of surfaces to have fewer engines?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>ssshhhhh! logic wilts when faced with ego around here.

dugg
Galactic Empire

Post by dugg » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:39 pm

Great work Marco - and I agree, the 6-engine version looks awful - the multiple-engined one makes much more sense. :)
Dlya Slavi Bolshyevestskoy Empyeree!

Marcos_Edson
XWAU Member

Post by Marcos_Edson » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:55 am

:cool: :cool: :cool:<p>[ 14 June 2007: Message edited by: Marcos_Edson ]
SETI
"There can be only one..."
"I'm an otaku! Have a problem with that?"

Adderfangs
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Adderfangs » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:12 am

Holy Moly!!! Man the power is within you!!! <BR>Fantastic model!! <BR>With regards to the engine layout...as Corrann Horn said those tiny engines look out of proportion with the whole ship. I choose your design!! It looks much much better!!! :eek:

Captain Needa
Galactic Empire

Post by Captain Needa » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:03 pm

I second that. Another proof (If we ever needed any) that XWAU members know exactly how to design a craft far better than lame "artists". Impressive, very impressive.
"Apology accepted, Captain Needa"

Rene
Recruit

Post by Rene » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:47 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marco Antonio:<BR><STRONG>Indeed!<P>Anyone have some pics fo the one in Force Commander?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Here you go. <P> :D<p>[ 14 June 2007: Message edited by: Darth Thistle ]

Rene
Recruit

Post by Rene » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:54 pm

here are some screens from warlords too<P> Image <BR> Image <BR> Image <BR> Image

Tony Knightcrawler
Commander

Post by Tony Knightcrawler » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:16 pm

Warlords is non-canon, though.<P>And I didn't know Forces of Corruption came with a COMPLETED Eclipse model; the one you see in the game is still under construction.<p>[ 14 June 2007: Message edited by: Tony Knightcrawler ]

Rene
Recruit

Post by Rene » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:30 pm

Forces of coruption only had the under construction eclipse in the campaign. Among the files that came with the game there also ia a completed version (the one you see above). A litlle modding of the files makes it buildable too.<P>The warlord eclips is indeed non-canon, but it looks a whole lot better than the canon one. (the engines anyway)

dugg
Galactic Empire

Post by dugg » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:29 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tony Knightcrawler:<BR><STRONG>Warlords is non-canon, though.<BR></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>'Least it's further backup that Marco is not the only model builder who thinks the "official" engine layout is a complete load of ballarcks...
Dlya Slavi Bolshyevestskoy Empyeree!