Installed DSUCP v2 - Cutscenes = black screen

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Installed DSUCP v2 - Cutscenes = black screen

starflame
Cadet 4th Class

Post by starflame » Wed May 02, 2012 12:56 am

Title says it all, just installed DSUCP v2 and the cutscenes are no longer working. I get sound, but no intro cutscene, logo etc. It also freezes here with a black screen after the initial sounds. I can mouse-click and the cutscene will skip and the game will load normally. Keep in mind that everything worked perfectly before installing DSUCP v2

Any ideas on this?

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
AMD Athlon II X3 445 Processor 3.10ghz
4 GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia GForce GT 440

Thanks in advance!

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed May 02, 2012 1:08 am

Oh here we go, PLEASE READ THE PAGE YOU DOWNLOADED IT FROM or the readme file!

You'll find your answer there

Why is it when you tell people
Please take the time to read everything before installing the DSUCPv2.0
They never bother!!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

starflame
Cadet 4th Class

Post by starflame » Wed May 02, 2012 1:52 am

Thanks for the fast reply Darksaber, but nothing in the readme addresses the issue. I downloaded the codecs when the problem occured initially (if that's what you're referring to in the readme) but it didn't do anything to resolve the problem. The cutscenes were working fine before adding DSUCP v2. I get audio initially for about 10 seconds, no video, and then a black frozen screen until I mouse click.

It's not the end of the world, I'd much rather have DSUCP than the cutscenes, but having both would be nice.

Edit: I found a rather simple solution - just replaced the movies folder in the XWA directory with the movies folder in the backup made from the DSUCP install.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed May 02, 2012 10:11 am

That doesn't solve it!

The cutscenes have been backed up and replaced for a reason, because they have changed.

Your just skirting around the problem!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed May 02, 2012 10:54 am

Ok I've done a few tests, I uninstalled all the codecs on my machine, but left the K-lite Codec pack installed, the cutscene ran ok.
I then uninstalled the K-Lite Codec pack, I had the same problem as you I could hear the video but had a blank screen.

I then installed the K-Lite codec pack again the cutscene again worked fine

Sorry but if I can't replicate your problem I can't fix it

I basically have the same computer specs as you, but I have an ATI video card.

If anyone else has the same problem, I'll look into it further, but I'm taking this issue as resolved.
- John Lydgate

starflame
Cadet 4th Class

Post by starflame » Wed May 02, 2012 8:31 pm

Trust me I'd love to have the custom/new cutscenes. I'm going to try uninstalling the codecs and reinstalling several times and see if any progress is made. Thanks for the update