XWA Rudder Pedals Setup

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

XWA Rudder Pedals Setup

CAPPilot2010
Recruit

Post by CAPPilot2010 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:09 pm

All,

Hello. I'm new to this forum and I've tried searching for instructions on how to setup rudder pedals with XWA Upgrade. I recently discovered this site and did all the upgrades and been having a blast...no pun intended. Anyways, I use an older Saitek X45 stick and throttle, but I also have Saitek rudder pedals I use for XPlanes. How do I configure the game to allow the use of the rudder pedals? Every time I try, with both pieces of hardware plugged into the computer, the game will default to using the pedals and the game is not usable. Now, there is a selection box where I can specify which controller to use. Of course I pick the stick & throttle, but I'm never able to use both stick/throttle and the rudder pedals. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

CAPPilot2010
Recruit

Post by CAPPilot2010 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:51 pm

Hello all!

I'm new to this forum and have a question regarding rudder pedals. In short; how do I setup XWA Upgrade to use my Saitek rudder pedals and use my Saitek X45 stick/throttle? I keep seeing comments that state XWA supports this; but I can't find instructions on how to accomplish this.

Thanks!

Griffin
Lieutenant JG

Post by Griffin » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:19 pm

1) When you ask "how do I setup XWA Upgrade to use my Saitek rudder pedals" do you mean your pedals work without the XWA Upgrade installed? I wouldn't think it would matter if the XWA Upgrade is installed or not, the XWA Upgrade should not affect the pedals.

2) Can you please provide a link to where you are seeing these comments stating that XWA supports the rudder pedals?

3) XWA was released in 1999, for a very different OS (Windows 95 or 98) then Windows 7 or Windows 8. It could be the driver software for your pedals need to be set to compatibility mode. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/wind ... =windows-7

Hope this helps.

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:00 pm

well XWA does support rudder pedal, but myself I don't remember if they have to be considered the same device or if they can be used even if they are a different device for windows
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death