X-55 Rhino issues in X-Wing Alliance

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

X-55 Rhino issues in X-Wing Alliance

HaggisBumfart
Recruit

Post by HaggisBumfart » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:08 pm

I broke down and bought my childhood again from GoG and got the entire X-Wing series from them. After installing XWA (and the upgrade project, which I think I messed up on), I tried loading up a game and realized that all my key bindings were off. So I opened up the X-55 profiler and the XWA manual to rebind all of the current bindings to some of the bindings from the game. Went back in and realized that it doesn't want to recognize the right bindings, which I thought was odd, but whatever, I can tweak those. So I started flying and realized that the pitch worked, but trying to roll affected yaw, and yaw affected roll (so twist rolled me, and roll twisted me). I've looked around and just have not been able to find a good guide on how to get my X-55 to work right.

Is it even possible to use an X-55 properly? Would I be better off plugging in my Logitech Rumble Pad and using that?
- Haggis

ZanElJOK
Rebel Alliance

Post by ZanElJOK » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:09 pm

I use an X-52 myself and one day will have to break down and get the X-55 it just looks so nice. As far as the Roll and Yaw being switched. I have used the stick for both Falcon 4 and the X-Wing series and have never gotten it to work the same. I just had to train myself to switch the control pattern. Same as I switch between an Inverted Y in FPS games and regular one for flying.
May the Force be with you all.

DanPapua
Galactic Empire

Post by DanPapua » Fri May 01, 2015 6:11 pm

Haggis try resetting your joystick settings in game to default. If that doesn't help let me know and I will attempt to help fix the problem. Yes the X-55 will work properly with XWA I am using the X-52 which is basically the same thing.
¡VIVA EL EMPERIO!
Danpaua