X Wing Alliance LAN multiplayer

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

X Wing Alliance LAN multiplayer

Hans Olo
Recruit

Post by Hans Olo » Fri May 01, 2015 6:22 pm

Greetings!

im trying to run some good old local multiplayer, but i cant get the connection working. Everytime i try to connect the two local PCs, i simply get the message "Connection could not be established" (something like that)
As I dont know much about this stuff in general, here is what i managed to get together from various forums/guides, etc. :
-TCP/IP can be used for local multiplayer, dont bother with ipx
-i need to open some ports, tried this with TCP 6073 and UDP 2300-2400 (dont know if these are the correct ones, they were mentioned
somewhere in this forum, i didnt knew better)
-i need exactly the same versions of the game on both computers (no problem, i have two copies, both are patched to v2.02)

Im pretty sure its not that hard and im just missing some stupid but crucial point here.
It would be great if someone could help me.

P.s. sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum

EpLeague
Recruit

Post by EpLeague » Tue May 17, 2016 12:31 am

Anybody have any info on this? I have the same problem. I've opened the following ports via my router:
2300-2400 TCP/UDP
47624 TCP
6073 UDP

I've also allowed XWA through Win Firewall but get the same response (can't connect) every time.
On the host computer I click flight simulator, host game and sit in lobby. On the joining computer I click Join game, enter the host computer IP, then click connect. It sits for 1.5 minutes than says can't connect.

Other LAN games work fine (AoE, Civ4, etc...), seems to be something with XWA?

gongo
Cadet 4th Class

Post by gongo » Tue May 17, 2016 7:22 pm

-
Last edited by gongo on Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

EpLeague
Recruit

Post by EpLeague » Mon May 30, 2016 3:30 am

Game Ranger worked great! Thanks for the suggestion gongo! Plus it solved my... erm... other issues! :)