ALLiED and MXvTED problems

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

ALLiED and MXvTED problems

Red_Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Red_Leader » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:09 am

Now that I got XWA to work I ran into a few issues with the following programs:

ALLiED: Any edits I do to a mission won't save properly. I did a quick edit, where I added in cargo for shuttle Tydirium in the final family mission (Battle 6 Mission 7). Just for fun I added in "Strike Team" as the cargo. I save it (overwrite the file), go into XWA and nothing. However, I found my edits work if I do not overwrite the file. Instead, I make the changes and save it to another location (desktop for example). Then I cut and paste the file in the missions directory, replacing the file. Then the change worked.

MXvTED: I have the up to date version of this program. I open the program, get a "File access denied" error message. I go to select the XWA .exe, program says I changed the current .exe file, MXvTED needs to close for changes to take effect (something along those lines). I close the program, load it up and get the same "File access denied" error message. No stats for any ships show either. If I try clicking the plus or minus buttons on each side of the "Write" button, I get a "Range check error" message.

I've made missions and added crafts to the game before no problems. No idea why now I'm having issues. It feels like Windows Vista again where I ran into so many issues. Here's the info on my computer if you need it.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11444
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles
https://www.freewebs.com/redleaderxwa/

Venix42
Recruit

Post by Venix42 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:58 pm

If your XWA is installed in Program Files, there could be problems of rights. Either you change XWA location (like C:\Games\XWA) or you run Allied in Admin mode.

It should correct your "problem"
Working on: XWADCC ;)

Red_Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Red_Leader » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:29 pm

Ha, I never even thought of running as admin and trying that. ALLiED worked, I have to try MXvTED still, although I got no errors when running as admin so far. The ALLiED issue wasn't really a problem as I found a workaround, but a bit of an inconvenience still as in the past I've just saved/overwrite the file with no problems.

I have XWA installed to the directory of: C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\XWA. Just like in the past I've had it installed to that directory and no problems with ALLiED or MXvTED. Thank you though, I'll continue to run them in admin mode. I really appreciate the help.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles
https://www.freewebs.com/redleaderxwa/