X-Wing Alliance buggy cockpit after patch

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

X-Wing Alliance buggy cockpit after patch

Gherick
Recruit

Post by Gherick » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:22 am

Hello ! I would like to ask about a problem which I encountered. I'm using Windows 7 professional 32 bit my graphics card is NVidia GeForce 630 GT. I installed XWA and it worked perfectly. When I installed newest patch, my cockpit went nuts and it looks like this right now:

When I'll install your wonderful mod, my targeting system is ok, but my mission goals, radio messages, targeting system, and maps on the right and on the left are going crazy, and they are all purple and messed up. Interesting thing is, that all models in flight are actually ok, and there is no problem with lasers, cruisers, starfighters, but when I get into the cockpit it becomes awful.
What can I do ? Please :hilfe:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gherick
Recruit

Post by Gherick » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:03 pm

And now after re-installing the mod, you can't even go to flight - it says "Texture 2D incorrect" - that is when I try to play in 3D Hardware and when I turn 3D Hardware off it crashes the game. After applying Heimar's XWA hacker and playing it in 32bit mode, when I try to turn 3D Hardware off it still crashes, and when I try to play normally I get again things mentioned in 1st post (after I changed HUD to blue from purple things are better when it comes to mission goals and radio messages , but still there is a problem with targeting computer, and with flight maps as you can see) :hilfe: :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reimar
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Reimar » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:55 am

Never seen the first one, it looks like some of the 16 vs. 32 bit patching gone wrong? Are you running with the hacked DirectX implementation (with ddraw.dll file in the xwa directory)?
As for the misplaced HUD, I'd try opening it with the xwahacker GUI and check the HUD scale settings, it can cause really weird effects.
If the HUD stays consistently broken no matter what values for that or what resolution you use then it might that the file specifying the HUD layout somehow got corrupted.
I think there are HUD editors that you could use to check that, but I've never used them.