That damned music issue again

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

That damned music issue again

Luke_Skywalker
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Luke_Skywalker » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:34 am

I feel like every time I have to reinstall XWA I have different issues. I posted this on GOG (can't find one disc, bought the GOG version), so maybe you guys might know.
Okay, so... I've owned the game for a long time. I've used the .msi trick to get the game working and all that... but I've misplaced one of the CDs. :( I bought this and encountered some weird problems.

Without setting the affinity, once in the hangar the game would play for a few seconds and immediately freeze. Hitting alt-tab would allow the game to proceed forward and it would let me launch. Then it would freeze. I hit alt-tab again and after that the mission played normally.

Then I finally found out what the RunFirst.exe included in the XWAUCP install does just today after buying the game an hour ago. Now I have a new odd issue... the game runs fine, no hiccups, but if I ever hit the escape key to go into the menu the music ceases, and there's no way to force the music to restart. Has anyone else had this issue? It's bloody annoying, especially when my first instinct to pause is to hit escape.
When 900 years old you reach, look as good, you will not. Hmm?" -Yoda