Tie Fighter (windows) graphics settings

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Tie Fighter (windows) graphics settings

Det. Bullock
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Det. Bullock » Wed May 10, 2017 11:18 pm

Is it me or the windows remake of Tie Fighter has way less settings than X-wing vs Tie Fighter even though they share the engine?
The LOD in particular is better in the DOS version, in the windows version I can actually see the models switch between the low detail version and the high detail version which never happens in the DOS cd rom edition and there doesn't seem a LOD setting like in XvT.
The other setting missing is the mipmap setting, in XvT I could set it to "blurry" (which technically is "noisy" but mislabeled) and every texture becomes supersharp, but in the Tie Fighter windows remake it seems to be stuck at the default settting without possibility of changing it.
Or at least I could not find the option, I only did find the joystick mapper (which wasn't necessary since I already had a CH Control Manager profile mapped out for the DOS cd rom version) but no other graphics settings apart from the resolution.
Is there a way to at least alter these settings to bring the game in line with how XvT looks on max settings?

PS: I'm using the ddraw.dll to enable 3D acceleration.