Game Crashes But Also Doesn't Crash While In The Hanger?

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Game Crashes But Also Doesn't Crash While In The Hanger?

TheFriendlyBroski
Recruit

Post by TheFriendlyBroski » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:14 pm

Hey everyone.

So, I am having an issue with XWA and the two upgrade packs I have installed, XWAU Craft Pack v1.4 and DTM's Super Backdrops.

Here is a video showing my problem, sorry if I ramble on fora bit but the problem is that the game kind of crashes while in the hanger and I'm not sure what to do about it. Since this is probably going to be a very big issue later on in the campaign (I have only played the first few minutes of this game and plan on streaming my first experience).

But yeah, I went from a fresh GOG install in which everything worked fine to then installing those two packs mentioned above and boom, this problem occurs.

Here's the link:
https://youtu.be/tN7S_Q5hYO8

Thanks!
Last edited by TheFriendlyBroski on Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:55 pm

Hello,
Your supplied link is broken.

When you install XWAUCP, you don't have to install DTMSB since DTMSB is already included in XWAUCP.

TheFriendlyBroski
Recruit

Post by TheFriendlyBroski » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:43 pm

JeremyaFr wrote:Hello,

When you install XWAUCP, you don't have to install DTMSB since DTMSB is already included in XWAUCP.
Hey there! The link is now fixed, sorry about that.
And I didn't have to install DTM's Super Backdrops since that is already included in XWAU Craft Pack v1.4?

TheFriendlyBroski
Recruit

Post by TheFriendlyBroski » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:44 pm

JeremyaFr wrote:Hello,

Also, if that is so. How can I uninstall the extra 'DTM's Super Backdrop' as to not have anything messed up?

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:20 pm

TheFriendlyBroski wrote:And I didn't have to install DTM's Super Backdrops since that is already included in XWAU Craft Pack v1.4?
Yes
TheFriendlyBroski wrote:Also, if that is so. How can I uninstall the extra 'DTM's Super Backdrop' as to not have anything messed up?
You don't have to uninstall the backdrops. This is not what causes the crashes.

I don't know what exactly causes the crashes.

TheFriendlyBroski
Recruit

Post by TheFriendlyBroski » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:17 pm

Well, crap.

This is the only issue I am facing when playing this game and have no idea how to fix it.

Reimar
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Reimar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:24 pm

That's not a crash, it just says the application is not responding.
That's actually kind of normal/correct, because the application while in the hangar stops polling events.
So just don't stay in the hangar that long? Otherwise xwahacker has the "message loop in hangar" fix for that if you REALLY want to spend so much time inspecting the hangar... It's marked as Linux/Wine fix because there it results in keyboard input not working at all in the hangar, which means you can't launch. It's also how we know that it only affects the hangar and not the missions.