X-Wing Alliance has stopped working

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

X-Wing Alliance has stopped working

ccpa888
Recruit

Post by ccpa888 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:13 pm

Hello,

This is my first post and I hope I am not doing anything wrong. I have been using XWA upgrade CraftPack v1.4 forXWA ver. 2.02. for one week.
It works fine, except for the "Skirmish Mission": during the loading of the mission, a panel pops up with :"X-Wing Alliance has stopped working.A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available" and I have to close X-Wing Alliance. Is there an update I didn't install ? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Reimar
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Reimar » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:38 pm

Doesn't sound like a know issue and I don't know if anyone will be able to help, but it might be good to mention on top of which XWA version you installed the pack? (I usually use the Skirmish mode to test out things, so it definitely does not crash on my installation)
Steam, GoG or CD version?
And on which OS version?
Just in case, which graphics card and driver version if you have it at hand wouldn't hurt to know about either.

ccpa888
Recruit

Post by ccpa888 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:43 pm

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to consider my post, I appreciate a lot.

XWA version :the GOG version, "setup_sw_xwing_alliance_2.0.0.9.exe"

Graphic Card :2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (EVGA)
Driver version : 23.21.13.8813

What I find surprising is that the missions of the story can be launched without issue.
Thank you so much for your help.

ccpa888
Recruit

Post by ccpa888 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:11 pm

Hello Sir,

To prevent making you loose precious time to help other members, I am sending to you this update about my issue.
I have found out that it is only when I am choosing the "Pinook Fighter" (PNK/F) to pilot in the skirmish missions that it happens. Yet, as I did not use all the vessels of the list, I am not sure this one is only one causing this issue. However, with all the spacecraft I used, with the settings at the maximum in the video options of the game as well as with pretty good settings in the NVIDIA control panel, everything works fine.

It would be interesting to know if other players encounter the same issue.

Thank you so much for your availability and the time you spent about my request.

Friendly,
ccpa888

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:14 am

Hello,
The game crashes because the Pinook Fighter OPT is not present in the XWAUCP (XWAUCPv1.4.2.18).

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:22 pm

Yep sorry about that, the PinookFighter.opt is missing

But actually the PinookFighter.opt is not supposed to be in the XWAUCP, as it's not an official XWAUP Opt.

I added it to the DSUCP as a custom replacement and it must have crossed over to the XWAUCP when I was writing the installer script.

The XWAUCP supposed to be pointing to the piggyback.opt, anyhow I'll fix it for XWAUCPv2.5
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

ccpa888
Recruit

Post by ccpa888 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:07 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your quick reply.
It is always a relief for me to understand why an issue happens in these complex entities.
Knowing that, I can imagine all the work you and your team did to make this game run with such numerous options and beautiful textures.
I admire your dedication to help peoples like me enjoying this game again.

Thank you and friendly,

ccpa888