Any way to disable the target boxes

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Any way to disable the target boxes

Suicidalfoetus
Recruit

Post by Suicidalfoetus » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:40 pm

This may sound like a dumb question, but is there a way to disable the target boxes, as I find them a bit cheesey. Especially in skirmish where there are just too many boxes all over the place.

Regards

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:06 pm

My best guess without checking is it's driven by .dat file(s). You could replace with a blank image (all black and transparent) via Datech etc. I agree with you. I think the targeting boxes are irritating and not realistic, but it would make things tougher I suppose (sight wise). I'll keep your idea in mind for TF. Good point.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:30 pm

I don't think it is related to the Dat files, I've just taken a quick look through them and couldn't find anything resembling any box that could be used as a target box.

Even took a look at the Cbm files, but nothing

it's got to be hard coded
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:31 pm

Last edited by Bman on Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Justagai
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Justagai » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:44 am

I've actually found a way to change the color of the player target boxes (as well as remove them) which shouldn't be too hard to change the normal one.

https://imgur.com/a/KmTZ0

https://imgur.com/a/Uat1J

It's one of the things I'll be adding to my multiplayer patch soon.