B5M7 Mission Bug

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Re: B5M7 Mission Bug

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:32 am

Both in the release notes and in my previous post I forgot to write the following thing.

B5M7 update v2.0 is my official release. Feel free to use it as you wish in your projects, releases or installers.
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

Darksaber
Vice Admiral

Post by Darksaber » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:09 pm

Is this the only mission with bugs, or just the first you've fixed, are you looking through the other missions to fix if they need to be fixed that is? :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
- John Lydgate

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait....
Darksaber's X-Wing Station

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:14 am

Unfortunately the missions still have many bugs. I'm relatively new here in the forum, but I bought my first retail copy of X-Wing Alliance in December 2000.
I've followed this project for 12 years as a player, and I have often experienced bugs flying missions.
I discovered AlliED in 2006 and I thought it could help me to understand what causes bugs, but the "Unknowns" in Flight Group orders were way too much.
This might be one of the reasons which made all those bugs survive for 19 years.

Now things are different, and that "Community project: AlliED unknowns repository" topic is divine to fix bugs, as you have surely realized.
Yes, my project is to fix every bugged mission in the game, and Battle 5, Mission 7 is just the first I've fixed.
I really hope this was "the most bugged one". Battle of Hurrim Base is the second largest battle in X-Wing Alliance, with 3 teams and 4 "colors", but it seems the developers didn't give B5M7 the same attention they gave to the Battle of Endor.

Edit: Battle of Hurrim Base is actually the fourth largest battle in X-Wing Alliance, but the second and the third only have 2 teams.
The second largest battle is the Battle of Kothlis and the third is the Battle of the Bajic Shipyards.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu May 14, 2020 2:05 am

Mark_Farlander wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:14 am
Snipped
Can I please ask does this Battle 5 Mission 7 update still need to be applied to fix any current in game bugs?
Or has it been included in XWACUP 1.6?

Are there still any bugs in this mission that need ironing out.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Thu May 14, 2020 4:55 am

No one of these fixes has been applied in XWAUCP v1.6; unfortunately this mission in the craft pack is still as it was in XWAUCP v1.5 (with all these problems).

The most relevant bugs in the list are the first 3.
As for the others I have listed, the one involving the FRG Jericho is not fixed at all even in the B5M7 updated I released, and the ISDII Corrupter destroying the station I probably applied a too extreme solution.
For this last bug mentioned I do not remember if in my test there was the 256 weapon patch still enabled. At that time I was not familiar with all the stuff released.

Unfortunately I'm much behind schedule for the Mission Update and I did not revise this mission. It's my fault I know. But it will be done.
I also gave precedence to other projects such as the AlliED modding wiki.

There is also another problem: any mission released in 2018 is not compatible with Super Backdrop pack v2. I mean the new star field backdrops are missing.