I was having a curious problem after reinstalling from scratch Windows 10 with my saitek X55.
The joystick was visible from the launcher of X wing alliance, but ingame no button were visible or responding and the axe were stuck on top left.
The problem in fact came from a wrong calibration setting in windows.
in the search bar type "joy.cpl" and open it
You should see the X55 stick click on propertie -> test tab
If you don't see any axes or button on the test tab then You will have the same problem as me, reinstalling joystick drivers sometime fix the problem (until next reboot)
To fix the problem once and for all
- Unplug the joystick.
- Open regedit (registry editor) -> make a backup in case of.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM
- Find the key of your joystick (example X55 saitek is VID_0738&PID_2215) and delete the key
- Now go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput
- Delete the key of your joystick stick (X55 -> VID_0738&PID_2215)
- exit registry editor
- Replug the joystick. (during this process registry key will be recreate with correct value)
X-wing alliance will now work correctly.
This will also fix the problem for other x-wings / tie fighters pecial edition of "no joystick detected"
This fix should be usable for any other model if you take care to remove the registry key corresponding to your joystick.
Here a reg file for Saitek X55 only that will remove correct registry keys automatically.
https://mega.nz/#!CVljAYza!domdl5SE5jbN ... qmUojrg-sg
Unplug the X55 stick
Execute the reg file
Replug the stick