Cannot Create New Pilot

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Cannot Create New Pilot

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:31 pm

I currently have GOG 18061 X-Wing Alliance v2.02 with DSUCP v2.5 installed, already have 3 pilots and I found I cannot create a new one.
I select "Create New Player", write the name of the new pilot, but when I click "OK" the X-Wing Alliance Launcher gets immediately closed.
Did anybody experience the same issue?

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:57 am

I forgot to write I installed the new Nebulon-B Redemption, the Liberator CR90 Corvette, the Firespray, XQ5 Platform and Pinook fighter before trying to create the 4th pilot.

Sigma Draconis
Recruit

Post by Sigma Draconis » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:46 am

I experienced the same problem a few months ago. I couldn't have more than 4 pilots saved at the same time.
Those crafts had not been released yet, so I think this bug has nothing to do with them.
I don't understand why I had 4 pilots whereas you are limited to a maximum of 3 though.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:07 pm

Phoenix Leader wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:31 pm
I select "Create New Player", write the name of the new pilot, but when I click "OK" the X-Wing Alliance Launcher gets immediately closed.
Is there an error shown in the event viewer?

Does it work if you create the new pilot with "XWingAlliance.exe" instead of the launcher? To do that, open the "config.cfg" file with a text editor (Notepad) and remove the "lastpilot" line. Then open "XWingAlliance.exe". A screen will open asking to enter a pilot name.

Phoenix Leader
Rebel Alliance

Post by Phoenix Leader » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:03 pm

Tried in this way and it works. Thanks, Jeremy.
Then I've uninstalled and reinstalled the whole game + DSUCP v2.5, and now I can create new pilots in both ways.
I'm currently trying to re-do all the edits I did, I mean installing new crafts and editing pilots with XWA Piloteer, to find what caused the problem.