The Invisible Death Star

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

The Invisible Death Star

Wotan Weave
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Wotan Weave » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:39 pm

I recently played the Death Star missions and noticed that in the first 3 missions (B7 M1-3) the DS backdrop is missing. The Star Destroyer backdrop is also missing in B7M1. Is it just my version? Could someone else take a peek and see if their version shows those backdrops correctly. I opened the mission files in AlliEd but couldn't figure out how to change the backdrops.

I'm running the Steam version with UCP 1.5 and the most recent hook set (I think).

Also, I had forgotten that the Executor goes nuts when you knock out the last shield generator in B7M2. That happened in the stock game, too, didn't it?

Wotan Weave
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Wotan Weave » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:43 pm

So, I managed to locate the place to select backdrop images in AlliEd. I notice that in AlliEd's backdrop browser window, the thumbnail grids that should contain images for the DSII missions are just blue question marks. The thumbnail for the DSII is there but doesn't appear in the mission. The blue question marks are in place of images for the star destroyers.

I noticed that other non-DSII missions also have backdrop links that probably aren't working, too.

Does anyone else have this same issue?

Perhaps it will be fixed when the next iteration of the super backdrops patch is released.

Wotan Weave
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Wotan Weave » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:44 pm

This isn't especially helpful but here's my follow-up. I reinstalled from scratch with the Steam version and then incrementally did all the upgrades. That seemed to fix all the background issues I was having. In conclusion, I must have jacked up my previous installation somehow, probably with xwa patcher and hook ignorance.