Aiming issues.

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Aiming issues.

Haakan
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Haakan » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:38 pm

Hello there guys, first post here.

I've been playing XWA for a while. I installed DSUCP and tweaked the laser count and ship per region count with xwa hacker...fun stuff.

Anyways, my question is... is it normal that you can't aim at the center of stars, planets, nebula? I found out on this topic http://www.xwaupgrade.com/phpBB3/viewto ... =10&t=9780 that n "Thats because in the quick skirmish nebulas, planets, stars, etc, are usually at one of the axis of the maps, and you can't aim there. "

Normally it wouldnt be a bother but on a casual gameplay, I decided to go p and fly in circles and suddenly the fighter was "stuck" trying to get past a star and I swear I never saw such a thing before in all my years playing TIE/XvT/XWA. I'll add a screenshot. I could only get past it be either moving to the sides or by pressing PrntScn to get a capture...

I'm a frequent multiplayer pilot and I wouldn't want to be stuck in the middle of a 1v1 or 2v2...so I'm presenting this case, hoping there's a workaround or something.

Is it true then about the axis of the maps?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lt. Colonel A. Araujo
Commander, 7th SpecOps Squadron "Alpha"
Battlegroup I
Emperor's Hammer.

CMDR/LC Alejandro Araujo/Alpha/Wing I/ISDII Hammer/BGI

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:04 pm

This is thus far an engine limitation that is "normal" since it has been this way since the game released in 1999. Sorry bud, we're all kinda sick of it but it's not generally a major issue.

Haakan
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Haakan » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:59 pm

Alright then... amazing haha I found out about it when testing higher resolutions with the XWA hacker. I swear I didn't know of this till now. I thought I ruined the same somehow...oh well, thanks for letting me know.

Awesome job the team has done here. I really enjoy the visuals and appreciate the effort being put on it.
Lt. Colonel A. Araujo
Commander, 7th SpecOps Squadron "Alpha"
Battlegroup I
Emperor's Hammer.

CMDR/LC Alejandro Araujo/Alpha/Wing I/ISDII Hammer/BGI