Running at 2560x1440

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Running at 2560x1440

Dexadrinne
Recruit

Post by Dexadrinne » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:26 pm

Is there something special i must do in order to get this resolution. Or what are the best tips to get the game to look good on this monitor.

Regards

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:53 am

Dexadrinne wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:26 pm
Is there something special i must do in order to get this resolution. Or what are the best tips to get the game to look good on this monitor.

Regards
Remember that the game was not built for that resolution so things may not be ideal.
I believe a few people use that resolution it's over my monitors one. I would wait for there answers but here's one option.

The hook_resolution.cfg file can alter things. It should be set to auto anyway. You will already have it in your main XWA folder.
This hook displays the screen resolution in the video options screen.
You can set it to 2560x1440 and then in the option screen that resolution will be showing available.

I've included a copy which should do that but PLEASE backup files and folders first. You may also want to wait for more replies.
Hope that helps.
Hook_Resolution.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:31 pm

Dexadrinne wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:26 pm
What are the best tips to get the game to look good on this monitor.
Not sure what you mean by "good", but try setting "PreserveAspectRatio = 1" in DDraw.cfg. If it's set to 0 (which I believe it's the default) the rendering engine will stretch the game to cover your screen and it may be messing up the aspect ratio.