[Solved] Crash at mission start after prologue

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[Solved] Crash at mission start after prologue

deltafiveoh
Recruit

Post by deltafiveoh » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:29 pm

Hi, I've come across a problem with ctd's beginning on B1M1. I have played the game before but it had been a year or so since I last played and had uninstalled the game. I re-installed the game and the most recent xwaup download. I can play through all of the prologue missions with no issue and can play skirmishes with no problem as well. But for some reason when I try to play the first tour mission where you are attacking a convoy I have a crash to desktop with no errors. It begins to load but then a few seconds in it crashes, always with the loading bar at the exact same spot, a little less than one quarter of the way loaded. I've looked around for possible solutions but nothing I've found seems to work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Last edited by Ace Antilles on Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Solved bug

deltafiveoh
Recruit

Post by deltafiveoh » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:47 pm

Just as additional data,

Faulting application name: XwingAlliance.exe, version: 2.0.0.2, time stamp: 0x3765a9b7
Faulting module name: XwingAlliance.exe, version: 2.0.0.2, time stamp: 0x3765a9b7
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000849c7
Faulting process id: 0x2af8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d648b08a3c0041
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Star Wars - X-Wing Alliance\XwingAlliance.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Star Wars - X-Wing Alliance\XwingAlliance.exe
Report Id: 51dada5d-4e8a-427a-90e9-9c2aa1d88500
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:53 pm

Hello,
The crash at offset 0x000849c7 means that the game failed to load an OPT file.

I think that maybe a craft in the mission has a wrong path somewhere and that leads to a crash.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:54 pm

deltafiveoh wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:29 pm
Hi, I've come across a problem with ctd's beginning on B1M1. I have played the game before but it had been a year or so since I last played and had uninstalled the game. I re-installed the game and the most recent xwaup download. I can play through all of the prologue missions with no issue and can play skirmishes with no problem as well. But for some reason when I try to play the first tour mission where you are attacking a convoy I have a crash to desktop with no errors. It begins to load but then a few seconds in it crashes, always with the loading bar at the exact same spot, a little less than one quarter of the way loaded. I've looked around for possible solutions but nothing I've found seems to work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hi. Can you tell us if you have installed any other ship packs after the XWAUCP please? And which ones.
Also did you put on effects, baçkdrops etc too.

When configuring the XWAU did you choose any special options? For example different nebulon b versions.
It can be tricky to work out what's crashing as it could be one unique thing or something we don't know if you have that isn't quite setup right. Thanks
Last edited by Ace Antilles on Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spelling
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

deltafiveoh
Recruit

Post by deltafiveoh » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:05 am

I installed the based xwau with all defaults, except the lasers which I set to all replaced (s-m-l) and in addition have the superbackdrops, effectsbybluemax, dynamic cockpits rebels and tie, and the crew quarters addition, in that order. I haven't added any additional craft packs.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:59 am

Ok can you try and install the new Container pack.
This might add things that you are missing in the game.
It's worth a try :)

deltafiveoh
Recruit

Post by deltafiveoh » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:57 pm

I tried that container pack. It didn't do anything. Anyways, I deleted and reinstalled the upgrade pack, but not the base game which I left installed, this time. I must have selected something differently since it appears to be working now. Thanks for the help.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:23 pm

Glad to see that your problem has been fixed. I will mark this topic now SOLVED