YT-2400 Turret orientation wrong

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

YT-2400 Turret orientation wrong

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:00 am

Yeah... so this is a thing. Looks like when the YT-1300 etc. got updated turrets the impact this would have on the other CORTS was not taken into account - i.e. the YT-2000 and YT-2400.
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

Alpha_0-0-0
Galactic Empire

Post by Alpha_0-0-0 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:48 am

Hello
If you download Outrider_v3.1.exe it sorts out your problem as this version of the Outrider no longer has turrets

I downloaded all the ship installers and they're all dated June 13, 2020, but only a few of them on the download page have the "New" sign next to them, which is a bit weird as they're all under a month old, I think they should all have the "New" sign next to them, perhaps a team member can explain why that is

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:04 am

Alpha_0-0-0 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:48 am
I downloaded all the ship installers and they're all dated June 13, 2020, but only a few of them on the download page have the "New" sign next to them, which is a bit weird as they're all under a month old, I think they should all have the "New" sign next to them, perhaps a team member can explain why that is
Those were updated by Darksaber before he had his falling out. Unfortunately his documentation regarding the changes in the installers was not complete and there are several bugs and issues in the installers. None are too dramatic, but the team decided not to mark them as new right now because until we sort all of them out having everyone install all of the ships after installing the XWAUCP 1.6 would most likely result in many more issues than the few potential ones that are fixed. For the game breaking ones we have marked the installers as new where we are aware if them.
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

Alpha_0-0-0
Galactic Empire

Post by Alpha_0-0-0 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:13 am

Forceflow wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:04 am
Those were updated by Darksaber before he had his falling out. Unfortunately his documentation regarding the changes in the installers was not complete and there are several bugs and issues in the installers. None are too dramatic, but the team decided not to mark them as new right now because until we sort all of them out having everyone install all of the ships after installing the XWAUCP 1.6 would most likely result in many more issues than the few potential ones that are fixed. For the game breaking ones we have marked the installers as new where we are aware if them.
Hello

We have only heard your side of the story with this "falling out", it takes two to tango

Why don't you just contact him and ask what changes where made?

Or are all your ego's that bloated that you think you can solve this without a clue where to start, you seem to be relying a lot on your members to report these bugs, with no or little investigation by yourselves. If it's a case or "We are doing things behind the scenes", then why not make what you find public, so at least we will no what to look out for, and there is a possibility we can fix it ourselves.

If you where to ask, it would cut down the time it will take to find every problem, if any.

There can't be that many bugs with the craft, I've installed each of the craft in your library one by one, and haven't experienced anything that major with them, I fixed the Falcon and the YT1300 myself, as when the problem was reported in the thread, it now says that problem has been solved, but I can't find any link to download those fixed craft. Surely if the problem was solved you would release the fix.

When I installed all your craft yes I had to remove a load of dat files that where added to the resdata folder as most images where the same as in the DSUCP and I edit the resdata.txt as I lost my mouse pointer, I read somewhere in a post about this but I can no longer find it since you've rearranged the forum.

I haven't played every mission yet as there are many mission problems, but I've taken a good look and tested each craft in skirmish and I can't not find anything wrong, perhaps I don't know what I'm looking for.

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:28 am

Alpha_0-0-0 wrote:
Hello
If you download Outrider_v3.1.exe it sorts out your problem as this version of the Outrider no longer has turrets

This is not so much a fix as it is stripping out a feature that's been in the YT-2400 ever since I made the first upscaled version from the TG mesh a decade and a half ago.

I'm pretty sure I know what the issue is - the turret mesh has been updated to fix the orientation in the YT-1300 and Falc but the YT-2400 hasn't had the orientation of its turret fixed in the .exe yet.

The point is, the YT-1300 etc. installers all need to patch ALL the CORTS, regardless of which model is being installed.
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:34 am

There is a simple fix for this. If you give me time to get to my pc soon then I can post it
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:57 am

Alpha_0-0-0 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:13 am
Forceflow wrote:
Hello

We have only heard your side of the story with this "falling out", it takes two to tango

Or are all your ego's that bloated that you think you can solve this without a clue where to start, you seem to be relying a lot on your members to report these bugs, with no or little investigation by yourselves. If it's a case or "We are doing things behind the scenes", then why not make what you find public, so at least we will no what to look out for, and there is a possibility we can fix it ourselves.

If you where to ask, it would cut down the time it will take to find every problem, if any.

There can't be that many bugs with the craft, I've installed each of the craft in your library one by one, and haven't experienced anything that major with them, I fixed the Falcon and the YT1300 myself, as when the problem was reported in the thread, it now says that problem has been solved, but I can't find any link to download those fixed craft. Surely if the problem was solved you would release the fix.

When I installed all your craft yes I had to remove a load of dat files that where added to the resdata folder as most images where the same as in the DSUCP and I edit the resdata.txt as I lost my mouse pointer, I read somewhere in a post about this but I can no longer find it since you've rearranged the forum.

I haven't played every mission yet as there are many mission problems, but I've taken a good look and tested each craft in skirmish and I can't not find anything wrong, perhaps I don't know what I'm looking for.
Actually young man there is a list of bugs that myself and others have found and documented. This is why many ships are not marked New.
This includes lod issues, wrong dat images and needing some opts installed at the same time.
I actually pointed out the Outrider issue quite some time ago.

Some are easily fixed but need new installers created to upload them. Right now most of us are busy trying to deal with life during a pandemic.

These issues would normally have been spotted but Darksaber didn't test many in game and uploaded them before team testing. So we are taking time to check everything for other small bugs too.
Once we have all the fixes in place then we will be able to put them in one place or new uploads.

Most of the craft have not changed so do not need to be downloaded. As you said if you download them all it can be a problem and this is not necessary.
We fully intend to report all the clever changes that Darksaber did, which we appreciate, but to do that we are creating a list and fixing stuff to prevent further issues.

We are busy working on ways to improve the download system to prevent more problems in the future.

To quote Darksaber himself:
"People have waited 20 years a little while longer won't hurt"
So please be patient and everything will be working properly asap.

Mark_Farlander
Rebel Alliance

Post by Mark_Farlander » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:38 am

Alpha_0-0-0 wrote:
Forceflow wrote:
Hello

To be honest I hated Darksaber's attitude so much! He edited many of my posts back in 2018, even if there was nothing bad in them.
In May 2018 he also got angry with me just because I posted the dates of the version of the Visual effect mode included in DSUCP v2.5.
Since then, I felt I was not much welcome here on the forum, so I left for about 8 months (from May 2018 to January 2019).
I also lost a bit of interest for the game in that period and I did not release any of the updates I was going to make to my projects.

Nevertheless, I have to agree with Alpha_0-0-0 on this point: we have only listened to one side of the story with this "falling out".
There are many people playing X-Wing Alliance who still venerate Darksaber as a God after all.
Perhaps we should listen to his side as well.
The History is never just on one side.

P.S: Sorry for writing an inconvenient post.
I don't judge tactics. The Battle is the best and only Judge.

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:12 am

You know, I've avoided saying anything up to now about this whole sorry situation but I'll say this:

Having known both Darksaber and Forceflow since 2001 I have to say that I am "shocked but not surprised" by the turn of events. Sometimes there aren't two sides to every story, leastwise not two sides that are of equal merit. I can't imagine any of us will hear from Darksaber again so I suggest we move forward from where we are.

I suppose I'd better pitch in and get all the tools set up again, then fix these CORTS.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:15 am

Alpha_0-0-0 wrote:
Hello
This is NOT correct! Please do not do this. I have triple checked this and it has no effect but actually makes things worse.
The Turrets are still gunable and the gunner shaft is completely out of whack. Another issue I reported that he ignored.

Yes the "new" transports have effects on the turrets of the others. This is why we are checking things as small steps affect others.

If anyone has any issues with the Outrider or Otana turrets then please use this INI fix.
DO NOT use it if you are not experiencing a problem.

The XWAU team is sorry to let these bugs slip out but we are working hard to make improvements.
Yes things are behind the scenes in some cases but that's always been the way. Apple don't reveal everything going on to the public, nor does any major project. So we will release information and updates at the right time and to prevent confusion arising. Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:17 am

BattleDog wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:12 am
I suppose I'd better pitch in and get all the tools set up again, then fix these CORTS.
Please see the file I just uploaded. Other Cort issues can be fixed with other INI fixes posted elsewhere at this time.
Proper updates will be released with fixed Opts asap. Thanks.

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:31 am

Alpha_0-0-0 wrote:
Hello

Look, we made it very clear that we will not discuss what happened behind the scenes in public. What is fact is that he uploaded installers that would have deleted the XWA installations of whoever tried them. This is such a massive breach of trust towards the community that we couldn't let it stand. His last public post also made it clear that he did this intentionally.
This was an unforgivable act on his end. He also ignored attempts of communication that we tried to initiate with him before he was banned.

You can trust and believe the team on this or not. This is your choice, but if you do not trust the team I honestly don't understand why you want to stay here. The team is working hard behind the scenes to get the issues fixed, but this project has and always will be a fan based project people do in their free time.

As for contacting Darksaber? That ball is in his court, he sure knows how to get in contact with us if he wants to. The way he left things I highly doubt that though.

A message to all, this is the end of this particular discussion. Nothing regarding the DS situation will be discussed further. Feel free to discuss the issue with the turret of course
- Forceflow

Alpha_0-0-0
Galactic Empire

Post by Alpha_0-0-0 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:36 am

Ace Antilles wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:57 am
Actually young man there is a list of bugs that myself and others have found and documented. This is why many ships are not marked New.
This includes lod issues, wrong dat images and needing some opts installed at the same time.
I actually pointed out the Outrider issue quite some time ago.

Some are easily fixed but need new installers created to upload them. Right now most of us are busy trying to deal with life during a pandemic.

These issues would normally have been spotted but Darksaber didn't test many in game and uploaded them before team testing. So we are taking time to check everything for other small bugs too.
Once we have all the fixes in place then we will be able to put them in one place or new uploads.

Most of the craft have not changed so do not need to be downloaded. As you said if you download them all it can be a problem and this is not necessary.
We fully intend to report all the clever changes that Darksaber did, which we appreciate, but to do that we are creating a list and fixing stuff to prevent further issues.

We are busy working on ways to improve the download system to prevent more problems in the future.

To quote Darksaber himself:
"People have waited 20 years a little while longer won't hurt"
So please be patient and everything will be working properly asap.
Hello

lol young man, ok dad :)

Why hasn't this list been made public? Why all the secrecy? Surely we have a right to know what we might be installing and if it's broken or not?

I think the YT2400 is already fixed, the Outrider was never meant to have manual turrets as they are supposed to be an automated turrets, so no need for a manually operator, check Wookiepedia out.

Since installing the "NEW" Falcon's, YT1300 and if you install the Otana, they now have there own named turrets, and when you install the Outrider there are no named turrets in the flightmodels folder, also if you look at the Outrider cockpit stats after installing version 3.1 there is no longer any cockpit co-ordinates/POV's, I can only assume Darksaber removed these, also the turrets on the Outrider are no longer set to Rotating Gun Turrets, but just GunTurrets, the flight mode is now set to Flyable instead of Gunnerflyable, so all of these changes can not be a simple bug, but where intentional.

Also each CraftNameGunner.opt has been updated and dated 23/05/2020, even the CorellianTransportGunner.opt which has not been renamed to CorellianTransport2Gunner.opt, this is probably the reason BattleDog is experiencing the "Wrong Orientation" in the turret, because he's only installed the "NEW" Falcon and YT1300 and not the Outrider or Otana which should also be marked as "NEW" because the Otana also has it's own named Gunner opts.

If Battledog has only installed the YT1300 and Falcon, then the old Outrider with still be using the CorellianTransportGunner.opt as it's Turret, since the CorellianTransportGunner.opt has been updated, he will see the £Wrong Orientation" with the old Outrider stats

If you read this thread Turret cockpit orientation you with see at the bottom that Rookie_One1 provides a link, and Rookie_One1 and Darksaber had a small conversation about this turret, I can only assume Darksaber implemented this into each Corellian Transport apart from the Outrider

All 4 Corellian Transports should be installed, they don't need any fixes apart from the YT1300 and Falcon Canopies.

thank you

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:44 am

Alpha_0-0-0 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:36 am
Hello

thank you
I'm sorry but I was under the impression you were 15? Which is a young man. That's what it said when you signed up and you were previously talking about your dad telling you stuff about us.
Now it says you are 35 so have aged 20 years very quickly. My apologies, middle aged man

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:53 am

Alpha_0-0-0 wrote:
Hello

Why hasn't this list been made public? Why all the secrecy? Surely we have a right to know what we might be installing and if it's broken or not?

I think the YT2400 is already fixed, the Outrider was never meant to have manual turrets as they are supposed to be an automated turrets, so no need for a manually operator, check Wookiepedia out.

Since installing the "NEW" Falcon's, YT1300 and if you install the Otana, they now have there own named turrets, and when you install the Outrider there are no named turrets in the flightmodels folder, also if you look at the Outrider cockpit stats after installing version 3.1 there is no longer any cockpit co-ordinates/POV's, I can only assume Darksaber removed these, also the turrets on the Outrider are no longer set to Rotating Gun Turrets, but just GunTurrets, the flight mode is now set to Flyable instead of Gunnerflyable, so all of these changes can not be a simple bug, but where intentional.

Also each CraftNameGunner.opt has been updated and dated 23/05/2020, even the CorellianTransportGunner.opt which has not been renamed to CorellianTransport2Gunner.opt, this is probably the reason BattleDog is experiencing the "Wrong Orientation" in the turret, because he's only installed the "NEW" Falcon and YT1300 and not the Outrider or Otana which should also be marked as "NEW" because the Otana also has it's own named Gunner opts.

If Battledog has only installed the YT1300 and Falcon, then the old Outrider with still be using the CorellianTransportGunner.opt as it's Turret, since the CorellianTransportGunner.opt has been updated, he will see the £Wrong Orientation" with the old Outrider stats

If you read this thread Turret cockpit orientation you with see at the bottom that Rookie_One1 provides a link, and Rookie_One1 and Darksaber had a small conversation about this turret, I can only assume Darksaber implemented this into each Corellian Transport apart from the Outrider

All 4 Corellian Transports should be installed, they don't need any fixes apart from the YT1300 and Falcon Canopies.

thank you
The YT-2400 has had rotating (non-flyable) turrets for about 15 years, it's not a bug. As I said, I should know because I made the first version with turrets way back before it got a new model. Adding turrets does cause an issue in that it means the Outrider can accidentally blow up the Suprosa in one mission but I think we long ago decided that it was worth it to have the ship represented correctly. The XWAU version is also a LOT bigger, the original TG opt is fighter-sized and resembles the old Kenner toy more than anything.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:57 am

Alpha_0-0-0 wrote:

thank you
I have just, again, installed YT-1300_v2.0, MillenniumFalcon_v3.0, Otana_v2.1 and Outrider_v3.1.
This is on a purely XWAUCP install with nothing else added but these ships.
The problem with the Outrider STILL exists without an INI file change. The gunner turrets are still accessible.
So you must have some specialised version of the game somewhere that's different to everyone elses.

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:03 pm

Ace Antilles wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:17 am
BattleDog wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:12 am
Please see the file I just uploaded. Other Cort issues can be fixed with other INI fixes posted elsewhere at this time.
Proper updates will be released with fixed Opts asap. Thanks.
Yeah, got it thanks.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

Alpha_0-0-0
Galactic Empire

Post by Alpha_0-0-0 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:24 pm

Ace Antilles wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:44 am
I'm sorry but I was under the impression you were 15? Which is a young man. That's what it said when you signed up and you were previously talking about your dad telling you stuff about us.
Now it says you are 35 so have aged 20 years very quickly. My apologies, middle aged man
Since when does age have anything to do with it, yes I am 15, but shouldn't we all be treated equally on here no matter how old we are, it seems not, I don't go into everyone profile to see how old you are, it's the last thing on my mind.
I've since removed my birthday, but obviously you know how old I am now, so I'll still get no respect from you dinosaurs, I'll still be treated as though I don't know anything, or what I say is always wrong.

Good luck with this game, you deserve to fuck it up

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:25 pm

Then do it yourself.
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

Will T
Galactic Empire

Post by Will T » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:48 pm

Alpha_0-0-0 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:24 pm

Good luck with this game, you deserve to fuck it up
No one is talking down to you because of your age.

They're talking down to you because you keep saying things like this.

If you want respect, try giving some out.
Formerly known as The 95 Headhunter

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:57 pm

Okay folks, while I appreciate the support please leave the moderation to the moderators.
- Forceflow
Let's just discuss the actual issue and nothing else here, okay?

JAA3rd
Recruit

Post by JAA3rd » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:09 am

I'm still new to XWAUP, so I could be missing the obvious. I have tried the updated .ini files for the turret rotation issue, but on mission 2, it still seems to be rotated incorrectly. Hyperspace seems to be rotated 90 deg. and drones and cargo containers are out of turret reach and can't be targeted. Loving this mod so far. Thanks for all you are doing!!

Edit: Is this fix only for the YT-2400? Does it work for the YT-1300?

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:18 am

JAA, your issue has been reported (by me) here: https://www.xwaupgrade.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 12#p171112

The turrets have been rotated 90 degrees so that forward is now "down". This thread concerns the graphical problem where the turrets on the YT-2000 and YT-2400 have not been rotated like the YT-1300. Your issue is a RESULT of the turret orientation being corrected without the arcs being changed.

Basically, this fix was pushed out without enough testing.

Also, the fix for the YT-2000 appears to only work correctly for the dorsal turret.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

JAA3rd
Recruit

Post by JAA3rd » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:36 am

Thanks for the link - didn't think to look under the Mission Balancing section.

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:48 am

OK, I've attached ini files that fix both the orientation and the firing arcs of the turrets. There's still an issue with the camera position of in the YT-2000's ventral turret but all the dorsal turrets now work, so any missions that were broken should be complete-able again. It feels a bit wierd looking at the floor of the turrets to shoot forward but there's no helping that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.