[Solved] Game crashes when I start a mission or take to long

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[Solved] Game crashes when I start a mission or take to long

Thrawnboy
Recruit

Post by Thrawnboy » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:15 pm

As in the title, whenever I attempt to start a mission (skirmish or main missions) or just in general take to long to start the game, the game crashes. With the base game, it never crashed, I could play for hours on end and it wouldn't crash on me at all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Thrawnboy on Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:41 pm

Thrawnboy wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:15 pm
As in the title, whenever I attempt to start a mission (skirmish or main missions) or just in general take to long to start the game, the game crashes. With the base game, it never crashed, I could play for hours on end and it wouldn't crash on me at all.
Download the Containers Pack from the download page. Install it and try again.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

marcop000
Cadet 1st Class

Post by marcop000 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:25 am

Hi Ace,

Excuse me for my post.

For what I have seen in this forum and for my personal experience, I can see that a lot of bugs depend by a missing of some updateds module.

For a normal user is not easy understand what install and what no, expecially if the last updated modules can require a modules a of dll that it not updated.

My questions is, can you add in the download section a "stable All in one" installer with version ?

This installer must be not the must updated version but in theory the most stable way to play.

The rest of work in progress modules will be a beta until will not include in the all in one installer.

For my point of view this project is more then excellent and sometime is incredible, but when you do too much implementations without a stable reference (a single installer with version) you risk to lose the control becouse you don't known exactly what the user have installed due too much single modules updated and not updated.

In my personal case, to be honest, before play I wating that the game will be stable (not that will be complete 100%) and this can need years .... becouse there is not a official download like "Freespace Fate of galaxy" that will be available when will be ready.

Better have a old model but to be sure that work,that the game will crash.

Sometimes have too much options is not a good think becouse can create confusion.

This is only that I think not other.