[Solved] Strange behavior on Imperial Star Destroyer 2 hangar

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[Solved] Strange behavior on Imperial Star Destroyer 2 hangar

Haakan
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Haakan » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:32 am

As I stated on this thread https://www.xwaupgrade.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 91#p173091 , I'm finding a strange behavior on the fighter once it lands on the ISD2 Hangar.

1) Installed ISD2.
2) Tested the hangar in a mission and noticed a) Landing Craft was floating inside the hangar, b) ATST OPT was on same location as a TIE Bomber , c) my tie fighter kept wandering around the hangar

3) Edited ISD2. ini to change the L/C location to z= -750 and PlayerAnimation = 300 and worked. However, I tried to apply Ace's fix as stated on the thread and it messed up again. I tried reverting the files but it still isn't working.

4) Reverted the L/C fix and it is working back. Also I commented the lines with craft objects

Code: Select all

;Floor - Landing Craft
61, 1450, -400, -740, -16600, 0

[HangarObjects]
LoadShuttle = 1
ShuttleMarkings = 1
ShuttlePositionZ = -22
ShuttlePositionX = 1400
ShuttlePositionY = 1200
ShuttleModelIndex = 50
ShuttleAnimation = BOTTOM
ShuttleAnimationStraightLine = 600
ShuttleOrientation = -16600

LoadDroids = 0       ;droids will float out past the magcon field if on
DroidsPositionZ = 0
HangarRoofCranePositionY = 800
HangarRoofCranePositionZ = 0

IsHangarFloorInverted = 1
IsDroidsFloorInverted = 0
IsShuttleFloorInverted = 0
IsPlayerFloorInverted = 1   		; 0 for normal launch, 1 for drop down launch
PlayerOffsetY = -200			
PlayerOffsetZ = 1292			; 0 floor level 
PlayerAnimationElevation = 300

;TFTC Imperial Hangar Options
;FlightModels\HangarCrane.opt = FlightModels\ImpHangarCraneATST.opt
;FlightModels\HangarDroid.opt = FlightModels\ImpHangarDroidMouse.opt
;FlightModels\HangarDroid2.opt = FlightModels\ImpHangarDroid2Probe.opt
;FlightModels\HangarMonitor.opt = FlightModels\ImpHangarMonitor.opt
;FlightModels\HangarGenerator.opt = FlightModels\ImpHangarGenerator.opt
;FlightModels\HangarRoofCrane.opt = FlightModels\blank.opt
;FlightModels\HangarWorkStand.opt = FlightModels\ImpHangarWorkStand.opt
FlightModels\HangarCrane.opt = FlightModels\blank.opt
At least it is working properly. Leaving this here for future reference. Will update if needed.
Last edited by Haakan on Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lt. Colonel A. Araujo
Commander, 7th SpecOps Squadron "Alpha"
Battlegroup I
Emperor's Hammer.

CMDR/LC Alejandro Araujo/Alpha/Wing I/ISDII Hammer/BGI

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:10 am

Haakan wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:32 am
As I stated on this thread https://www.xwaupgrade.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 91#p173091 , I'm finding a strange behavior on the fighter once it lands on the ISD2 Hangar.

1) Installed ISD2.
2) Tested the hangar in a mission and noticed a) Landing Craft was floating inside the hangar, b) ATST OPT was on same location as a TIE Bomber , c) my tie fighter kept wandering around the hangar

3) Edited ISD2. ini to change the L/C location to z= -750 and PlayerAnimation = 300 and worked. However, I tried to apply Ace's fix as stated on the thread and it messed up again. I tried reverting the files but it still isn't working.

4) Reverted the L/C fix and it is working back. Also I commented the lines with craft objects

At least it is working properly. Leaving this here for future reference. Will update if needed.
Did some checking and the issues are to do with the DSCUP and the changes it has made compared to the XWAU. That and new Hangar Map complexity I imagine. The issues do not seem to be there in XWAU which is what it was tested with. I ran the ISD2 with DSCUP as a test.

1) Edited a mission to fly from ISD2
2a) The INI fix I supplied for the Landing Craft fixed this in both the DSCUP and the XWAU everytime. It no longer floats.
2b) You are seeing a AT-ST as below as in the DSCUP the HangarCrane.opt is replaced with an AT-ST.

atst.jpg

2c) I can NOT recreate "my tie fighter kept wandering around the hangar" issue at all personally.
4) commented the lines makes no difference to your issue.

So the only issue I can recreate is 2b. I know where some of the issues are but it doesn't seem to be as simple a fix as expecting.
Plus it's 4am. I have asked Ual002 to take a look as Hangars are his baby now ;)
Apart from that any other issues maybe something weird in your own personalised install I believe you said you had.
So we're working on the problem :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Ronin65
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Ronin65 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:46 am

I may have found the solution to Haakan's problem

@Ace Antilles - The difference between the XWAUCP and the DSUCP, is that the DSUCP has more craft, and a few more options to select while installing, but apart from that they are both basically the same, trying to put blame on the other doesn't make any sense! :)

@Haakan First could I ask you please stop messing around with the ImperialStarDestroyer2.ini, it's fine and does not need any alteration, if you have altered it, re-install the ISD2 :)

Replace the fixed ImpLandingCraft.ini for the Imperial Landing Craft, Ace provided :thumbs:

As you may or may not know, some time ago, JeremyaFr replaced all the different craft *.txt files with a single *.ini file for each craft in the flightmodels folder, but there where still a few *.txt left over i.e. HangarCamera.txt, HangarMap.txt, HangarObjects.txt, FamHangarCamera.txt and FamHangarMap.txt

Sometime later JeremyaFr introduced a master *.ini called Default.ini, that does away with having the Hangar Camera, Map and object *txt files, the Default.ini was never introduced in the DSUCPv2.6 or XWAUCPv1.6, this wasn't the fault of Darksaber, the Default.ini wasn't introduced until after the release of both craft packs!

As a result you can get conflicting between the *txt and *ini files

First take a look in your Flightmodels folder, do you see a Default.ini file?
Do you see any of the following files?
HangarCamera.txt
HangarMap.txt
HangarObjects.txt
FamHangarCamera.txt
FamHangarMap.txt

If the answer is No you don't see the Default.ini file and Yes the *txt are in the folder, Do not delete the *txt files manually!

Go to the download section click the link that says "Show all crafts" (just above the craft installers) and download the Azzameen Family Base and the Calamari Hangar, install both, if you now look in your Flightmodels folder the above *.txt files will have been deleted and replaced with Default.ini and FamilyBase.ini

This should correct your conflict within the hangars :)

After you have installed the Azzameen Family Base and the Calamari Hangar
If there are any other *.txt files within your Flightmodels folder, first check to see if the equivalent *.ini if present, if the *ini file is present then and only then delete the *.txt file, if not download the named craft and install.

If you have altered any of the other files, then that's on you! I doubt the XWAU can fix all your mistakes :D

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:21 pm

This is why we need to move away from using the Azzameen Family Base and the Calamari Hangar default opts, and take advantage of the hangar hook, and change the Hook_Hangars.cfg default setting for the install

FROM SelectionMode = BasedOnModelIndexAzzameenCampaign

TO SelectionMode = BasedOnModelIndex

There is no benefit to continue using the default setting of BasedOnModelIndexAzzameenCampaign and it does not take advantage of the recent hook developments and hangar opts.
Image Image Image Image Image

BenKenobi
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by BenKenobi » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:58 pm

Ronin65 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:46 am

Sometime later JeremyaFr introduced a master *.ini called Default.ini, that does away with having the Hangar Camera, Map and object *txt files, the Default.ini was never introduced in the DSUCPv2.6 or XWAUCPv1.6, this wasn't the fault of Darksaber, the Default.ini wasn't introduced until after the release of both craft packs!

Go to the download section click the link that says "Show all crafts" (just above the craft installers) and download the Azzameen Family Base and the Calamari Hangar, install both, if you now look in your Flightmodels folder the above *.txt files will have been deleted and replaced with Default.ini and FamilyBase.ini
I've downloaded and ran the FamilyBase_v2.1.exe and indeed, the FamilyBase.ini was created and the .txt files were removed. So, shouldn't this opt get a "NEW" banner?

I've also downloaded the CalamariHanger_v2.0.exe and ran it. This installer did nothing in regards of a default.ini and removing the .txt files. The date on that installer is 20/10/2014 (and the version mentioned in it is V2.1.) so it's older than the DSCUPv2.6 and XWAUCPv1.6. Could it be there's a newer version around that's not available on the downloads page?

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:46 pm

There are several issues here.

1. The positioning of the static and player craft in the hangar rely on updated [size] sections in each of the INI files for craft in the the hangar and many of the TIEs. This was not yet included with the download for the ISD to my knowledge.

2. This hangar setup requires the most recent (possibly) WIP version of the Hangar Hook from Jeremy. Not sure if that got included.

3. If you are seeing the ATST, and not the hangar crane, somewhere in one of the INIs the opt replacer portion is still replacing the hangar crane with an ATST.

4. THE most glaring issue I see is that your ISD INI has this "IsHangarFloorInverted = 1". This should be set to 0 going forward because it is no longer necessary. "IsPlayerFloorInverted = 1" is the new function that only affects the player and not all of the positioning for the other static craft. This is part of Jeremy's most recent updates to the hangar hook. This should not have been set to 1 with the new installer, and if it was, it is incorrect.

It is more likely that you will have better luck with this after the next update the main XWAUP2020 patch. Just sit tight. However, I can continue to help in the mean time.

Take a few shots of your hangar, and upload your INI as it is right now and I will review it. If anything this will help you understand all the interplay between how all the files work, allowing you to fix and ultimately adjust the hangar to your liking.

Ronin65
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Ronin65 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:59 pm

The XWAUP staff have removed the updated version of the Calamari Hangar then, because when I downloaded it in June, it was version 4.1!

I agree with you as far as I can see all the installers had a update on June 13th 2020, but only some are marked as new, strange isn't it? I downloaded them all when I noticed the different installer, looking at most of the date of the opts it looks like Darksaber updated all of them, not just the ones that are marked NEW on the download page.

The calamari Hangar, looks to have bigger textures, the workstands have been updated with a better model, and they have FG colours, new yellow, new grey, old worn yellow and old worn grey, the same for the hangar crane, most of the models in the hangar look like they've been update, so I wonder why the version 4.1 is not available????

All the Corellian Transports are all the old versions too, weird??

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:17 pm

We are in the process of updating a lot of things and cleaning up some old corrupted files. Its a little messy around here for the time being. Just bear with us.

I think your DSUCP hangarcrane.opt is not actually a hangar crane. You probably did the imperial install, in that case, it replaced the hangarcrane.opt with a an actual opt of an ATST. That would explain why. If you have a vanilla install copy over the hangarcrane.opt from there. I hate that ATST, not because of the model, but because when it replaces the hangar crane in that second static object slot, the head turret rotates 360 degrees. The center point of the original hangar crane and the atst are different so just replacing the hangarcrane.opt should also move it into the correct position.

When we release the TIE Fighter Total Conversion (which will be based on the XWAUP2020 install), we will have a more modern "Imperial Install" for you. Just hang tight until then.

Until I can provide all the proper [size] section edits for the potential player TIES so they hang from the racks, in the mean time make sure your ImpLandingCraft.ini has the following added to the ini for it to sit in the hangar correctly.

[Size]
ClosedSFoilsElevation = 135

It is necessary as a hangar map object even if not flyable, but will be useful later if it is flyable. Also, restore the position data to what it was for the landing craft static object in the ISD2 ini, both the position data in the hangar map and the size section of the specific craft ini work together to give you a consistent placement in all hangars.

I'm currently working so at the moment I am working off of memory here.

Haakan
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Haakan » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:01 pm

@Ronin

Hangars are working now. But I agree the issue started with the floating landing craft. Now I got it working and learned a bit on how this works.

Interesting, you can customize your hangar.
Lt. Colonel A. Araujo
Battlegroup I
Emperor's Hammer.

Haakan
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Haakan » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:08 pm

ual002 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:17 pm
We are in the process of updating a lot of things and cleaning up some old corrupted files. Its a little messy around here for the time being. Just bear with us.

I think your DSUCP hangarcrane.opt is not actually a hangar crane. You probably did the imperial install, in that case, it replaced the hangarcrane.opt with a an actual opt of an ATST. That would explain why. If you have a vanilla install copy over the hangarcrane.opt from there. I hate that ATST, not because of the model, but because when it replaces the hangar crane in that second static object slot, the head turret rotates 360 degrees. The center point of the original hangar crane and the atst are different so just replacing the hangarcrane.opt should also move it into the correct position.

When we release the TIE Fighter Total Conversion (which will be based on the XWAUP2020 install), we will have a more modern "Imperial Install" for you. Just hang tight until then.

Until I can provide all the proper [size] section edits for the potential player TIES so they hang from the racks, in the mean time make sure your ImpLandingCraft.ini has the following added to the ini for it to sit in the hangar correctly.

[Size]
ClosedSFoilsElevation = 135

It is necessary as a hangar map object even if not flyable, but will be useful later if it is flyable. Also, restore the position data to what it was for the landing craft static object in the ISD2 ini, both the position data in the hangar map and the size section of the specific craft ini work together to give you a consistent placement in all hangars.

I'm currently working so at the moment I am working off of memory here.
I'm working on a sequel campaign for TIE Fighter. I was waiting on TFTC but started working nevertheless so I took my imperial DSUCP install and begun updating it with the latest hooks and OPTs. I also replaced some of the ships DS included with others from DTM, General T and Driftwood (namely, the V-Wing, Gozanti, Raider, etc). I got an outline and Now that the custom XWA is done, I'll start working on missions.

I'm planning on releasing the pre-made install and from there, just upload the mission files. I've been keeping up to date with xwaup all this time.

Yes, I used a custom imperial install and edited some of the stats based on data from Wookiepedia (roll, pitch, etc). It is a big project as I believe all this hard work of the XWAUP team deserves content to be created based on it.

And with it, I'm hoping my club accepts XWAUP as one of the official platforms. We'll see...

@Ace: I know , watching the TIE Fighter moving around the hangar as if looking for a place to park was weird... too bad I didn't record a video on it. Never saw something like that before. Good thing it is working now.
Lt. Colonel A. Araujo
Battlegroup I
Emperor's Hammer.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:45 am

Haakan wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:01 pm
@Ronin

Hangars are working now. But I agree the issue started with the floating landing craft. Now I got it working and learned a bit on how this works.

Interesting, you can customize your hangar.
Glad you got it sorted.

And yes. The best part is learning how to fix it up how you like it.