Laser colours

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Laser colours

Zel_451
Recruit

Post by Zel_451 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:34 pm

Hey there XWA Team. Unfortunatly I lost my old login info from way back in 2001. Haven't checked on the project for a very long time and am amazed by all the cool new things you have created. Love the interactive cockpits and gorgous new backdrops.

One thing I noticed and am not certain wheter it is a bug or a feature are the different laser colours some ships use. I especially noticed that the lancer frigates in one of the early family missions shoots yellow coloured blaster bolts while beeing an Imperial ship.

Is that as it should be, or did I do something wrong when installing all the new patches and hooks and addons? Maybe I did not install everything in order?

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:35 pm

I am not sure about the Lancer Frigate, but I believe the coloring of the lasers is intentional. I think there's a section in the FlightModels/LancerFrigate.ini file that configures the color, but I'm not sure how that works. Other imperial craft should still fire green lasers, so if you see *every craft* firing yellow, then there might be a bug.

DarHan
Rebel Alliance

Post by DarHan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:00 pm

The Lancer frigate firing yellow lasers is correct. See this post.
“Red Four, nothing’s gone wrong yet.”
— Hobbie Klivian

Zel_451
Recruit

Post by Zel_451 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:38 pm

Thank you.