[SOLVED] Invisible ISDII/SSD Hangar

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[SOLVED] Invisible ISDII/SSD Hangar

alexpuddy
Recruit

Post by alexpuddy » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:01 am

Hey guys.

This game looks fantastic thanks to this awesome modding community, first of all. Thank you all for your amazing work.

I'm experiencing an issue where, when I dock with an ISDII or SSD, the hangar will not render and instead my TIE will be floating in nothingness. Then when I depart, all vehicles will lose their textures but will keep the glow of their light sources.

I just made a fresh install of the GOG version of XWA. I then applied the following mods in the following order.
XWAUCP_v1.6.exe
XWAUCP_Patch_v1.0.exe
CalamariHangar_v4.1.exe //These two were installed to
FamilyBase_v2.1.5.exe //fix the missing default.ini
ImperialStarDestroyer2_v2.1.exe
SuperStarDestroyer_v2.0.exe
CrewQuarters_v1.1.exe
RebelDynamicCockpits_v2.1.exe
TieDynamicCockpits_v2.0.exe
EffectsByBlueMax_v1.1.4.exe

When I board the ISDII my TIE/I will float forward, rotate 180*, and then float up like it's docking with an overhanging clamp before switching to the cockpit view.

After docking I can move my mouse to look around like in the hangar before a mission, and I can hear the hangar noises such as the droid and crane moving around.

When I depart from the station, at first I thought it had somehow transported me inside the ISDII object, but I recently discovered that all the vehicles were actually losing their textures.

Screenshot set of what I'm talking about
https://imgur.com/a/vQhGzmH

I'm also using a custom mission file to test the boarding of an ISD. I mention this in case there was a setting in my mission that I missed or some other problem with using a custom mission.
Last edited by alexpuddy on Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

alexpuddy
Recruit

Post by alexpuddy » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:55 am

Small update from some testing before bed. When I turn on the headlights (Ctrl+h) after departing the ISDII, I can see everything just fine until I turn them back off. Also the hyperspace buoy I placed in the mission has a "hangar" for some reason. When I approach it, it gives me the 'Press Space the activate tractor beam and enter hangar'. Might be a setting in my mission file, but I will check tomorrow.

alexpuddy
Recruit

Post by alexpuddy » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:56 am

Found the problem. I hadn't set up a custom hangar for my custom missions, so it didn't have any information on what to render and where.

I now have a new problem where I cannot use my flight stick on a the first custom mission in a battle made in AlliED. I also can't get my missions to show in the list after Battle 7.

I'm going to mark this thread as solved and make a new thread later if I can't fix my custom missions.