XWAU Craft Pack v1.6: Patch v1.0 & Effects by Blue Max's Version 1.1.4 RESOLUTION PROBLEM!

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

XWAU Craft Pack v1.6: Patch v1.0 & Effects by Blue Max's Version 1.1.4 RESOLUTION PROBLEM!

Foxdie491
Recruit

Post by Foxdie491 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:48 am

Hello There!

I'm having problems with both Effects by Blue Max's Version 1.1.4 & the XWAU Craft Pack v1.6: Patch v1.0, both instalations result in my resolution going back to vanilla (640x480) and I can't even change it in game for another higher one. As of now I'm playing the game with the mods of the XWAU Craft Pack 1.6 original installer, some additional crafts, Rebel Dynamic Cockpits Version 2.1, Tie Fighter Dynamic Cockpits Version 2.0 , Super Backdrops Version 3.1 and the Crew Quarters Upgrade Version 1.1. I've never have had any problems with crashes or others, some been unable to install the Patch v1.0 for the craft pack is not really and issue for me, however the Blue Max's effects are one of the best parts of XWAUPGRADES and it hurts a bit not been able to enjoy them.

So it'll be great if some one could point me in the right direction to resolve the resolution issue so I can install this two additional mods again. I've try everything from re-installing the game and moding it in the order indicated in the forum (1 - XWAU Craft Pack v1.6 - 2 - XWAU Craft Pack v1.6: Patch v1.0 - 3 - Individual NEW Ship Installers. Please only install the ones marked NEW. That is all you will need. - 4 - Crew Quarters Upgrade- 5 - Super Backdrops Patch - 6 - Effects by Blue Max - 7 - Rebel Dynamic Cockpits - 8 - Tie Fighter Dynamic Cockpits) With no luck, the resolution problem persist and I really don't want to play in 4:3 aspect ration and 640x480 resolution :shock:

So if anyone have had this problem, or know what might me causing the issue, it'll be great :hilfe:

Cheers from MExico, sorry for the crappy English.

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:14 am

Foxdie491 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:48 am
I'm having problems with both Effects by Blue Max's Version 1.1.4 & the XWAU Craft Pack v1.6: Patch v1.0, both instalations result in my resolution going back to vanilla (640x480) and I can't even change it in game for another higher one.
Hello,

So, you're saying that the game won't allow you to select one of the 5 resolution settings anymore? Is that option grayed out now? Have you checked that the game is using a discrete (nVidia or AMD) graphics cards? Some PCs have an integrated (Intel) graphics cards in addition to the discrete graphics. What's your graphics card?

A quick fix would be to download MXvTED and change the resolution for the slot with 640x480 to something else, but you should still be able to select a resolution setting.

Can you open Hooks.ini and show us the contents of the section [hook_resolution]?